PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix?

jimmycarter
12-02-2009, 08:22 PM
I have to admit...I love to make comparisons. I relish watching a GU player develop, and then find the perfect player (in basketball past or present) whose game parallels the best.
That being said, try this one on:
Elias Harris = Shawn Marion
Both 6'7" or so, jump-out-of-gym hops, ferocious rebounders. Watching tonight, some of the boards Elias pulled down, the sick drive left through the double team for the dunk, the quick double-bounce jam while being fouled by Casto. My eyes were filled with visions of Marion. Just sayin'...

demian
12-02-2009, 11:09 PM
very good comparison
I have to admit...I love to make comparisons. I relish watching a GU player develop, and then find the perfect player (in basketball past or present) whose game parallels the best.
That being said, try this one on:
Elias Harris = Shawn Marion
Both 6'7" or so, jump-out-of-gym hops, ferocious rebounders. Watching tonight, some of the boards Elias pulled down, the sick drive left through the double team for the dunk, the quick double-bounce jam while being fouled by Casto. My eyes were filled with visions of Marion. Just sayin'...

cair3
12-02-2009, 11:26 PM
on the fast break dunk in the first half he wasnt even looking ahead to pass to GJ he just dribbled faster and threw it down, classic young barkley. If he can improve his strength and keep attacking the way he does he wont need to become a three he can be one of the rare undersized PFs that just outworks and out jumps everyone else. He even sticks his tongue out like MJ. Marion is much more of a springy wing who excels on the break than a post, Harris has post game. Watch a youtube of young charles barkley and tell me they are not the same (barkley had better strength and hops but Harris could improve those in a few years): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_GovCvEdrs&feature=player_embedded

MedZag
12-03-2009, 12:12 AM
I see a lot of Elias Harris in Elias Harris' game.

MDABE80
12-03-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm with Med...Elias is like nobody else I've seen in years. He's got his own thing and methods. He so tough...I haven't seen much Ero ball but I do know it's physical and tougher than we usually see in college. This kid is just plain different as he goes about his business. He's tough, confrontational and he serves warning when he's around. Very athletic and solid...."bounce off me" type solid. Quietly gets into the rhythm of a game but when he does, he's just fierce. He's quite unlike anything I've seen at this stage of his career. Hope we can keep him.