PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game--- WSU 12-2-09

gozagswoohoo
12-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Wow wow wow....as DISGUSTING as the first 30 minutes were, the last 10 were that good.

Wow, just wow....what a ridiculous game on so many levels.

JokerZag
12-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Gray all day. His defense was amazing, won that game.

Pleasant Peninsula
12-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Unbelievable game by Bouldin and Harris. Bouldin gets the nod, but Harris was a beast! Olynyk gets an honorable mention.

We can survive Gray having a bad offensive night, because of his great defense, but he needs to control the dumb, unforced turnovers.

I am very pleased right now.

LongIslandZagFan
12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Voted for Matty but it could go to Gray or Harris. But IMHO the turning point in the second half (albeit I was at a wake for the first half so I was spared the ugliness) was the dagger 3s that Matt made that just chipped and chipped away at the lead. Editing to add that Kelly O is going to be a stud later this season and next year. He is another steal.

Once and Future Zag
12-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Great Performances by Harris and Bouldin offensively, and Gray defensively - but I give GUnit to Kelly.

Really put in a heavy duty performance filling in for Rob Sacre - and got perceptibly better as the game progressed.

Jedster
12-02-2009, 07:14 PM
I have to go with Matt over Elias only because if Matt hadn't kept us somewhat close (yeah behind by 15 I guess is in the game), then Elias's amazing effort would have been for nothing. I won't argue with anyone who gives it to Elias as he was absolutely amazing in the 2nd half. WOW! MB though really was hot and without his play we would have been blown out in the first half.

For those who were saying it should be KO red-shirting over Sam, I think we saw tonight a great example of why KO isn't red-shirting. He had a great 2nd half too!

Now if we can just not come out flat against Wake Forest on Saturday. We can't keep spotting teams 15 points and expect to win.

MickMick
12-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Harris.....

My lord

2wiceright
12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I agree it should go to both Bouldin and Harris. Without both their efforts and sparks, we lose. In the end I say Harris . Special props also to Kelly Olynk- solid defense, boards, steals,- really looking better each game by leaps and bounds!!!

Zerogame
12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I'd wrestle with a lion and a, grizzly bear
it's my life baby but, I don't care

ain't that tuff enough?
ain't that tuff enough?
ain't that tuff enough?
Harris, Bouldin, Kelly, Gray, Gibbs, Id say that's tuff enough!

cvzag79
how can you go anyone else elias harris. single handly killed wazzu in second half

FuManShoes
Very tough call, but I'm going with Harris. I think the comeback never happens without him coming out in the second half with his hair on fire. He secured all loose balls, made all FTs and finished at the hoop - strong. That set the tone and that made the difference for a team that needed a shot in the arm. Way to go, Big E!

NotoriousZ
12-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! !!!!!!!!

Don't make me pick between Bouldin and Harris! I guess I'll go Matty for the carreer high and keeping us in it in the first half but...Harris baby! And the awesome D by Gray! When we were down by 13 or so in the with about 12 minutes left in the game and it looked like we were going to blow it, I put the TIVO on pause and made a stiff Captain and Coke...I think it was the difference maker. And Mal, it's time to start eating crow about Kelly (although I saw where you were coming from). I'm on the Olynyk band wagon now! Anyway I'll vote for Bouldin. But Bouldin/Harris should have been an option.

ZagLawGrad
12-02-2009, 07:19 PM
so torn on this one--but going with MB

Huge D by SG

huge plays by Harris

kudos to coaches---- winning game with a group that didn't resemble much of the starting lineup

WOW

ronh_pm
12-02-2009, 07:20 PM
That was crazy. KO is starting to play the way he played every game I have ever seen him play and Harris is definitely a beast, but once again, Bouldin leads by example and puts the team on his shouders FTW!

laszagas
12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Matt

zag69
12-02-2009, 07:24 PM
It may seem like a copout, but I can't make my mind up between Matty and Elias. The contributions from several others really made it a team win in the second half. That game was hard on my blood pressure.

ZagManFan
12-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Boldin gets the vote only because we would have been down 25 in the first if it wasn't for him. Harris was the difference in the 2nd, but it's a mute point if Boldin doesn't keep it close.

outrunu
12-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Dan Dickau.....The game turned after he sat in.

kitzbuel
12-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Matt looked like he was even picking up Dickau's relaxed stance out on the court. I give it to Matt with the career high 28 pts mainly because he is a Senior and Elias is gonna win lots and lots of G-Units! Great job by both to pick the team up and reassert Zag effort and focus.

MosaicZagFan
12-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Voted for Bouldin. He is this team's undisputed leader, and is a proven winner.

mgadfly
12-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I voted Harris because of the double-double and the attitude in the second half. Bouldin was awesome. Kelly-O stepped up big time.

Gray played great defense, but had 6 turnovers.

Bouldin, Harris, and KO were the only double-digit scorers. The three of them combined for 62 of the 74 points.

My big question is why Sacre didn't come back into the game. Did Few feel like we were on a roll, was Sacre hurting, or was he sat down for an attitude/learning issue? I hope it was just that we were on a roll without him.

krozman
12-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Gonzaga is tough. Take away gray and sacre's turnover party and this would have been the blowout it should have been.

HARRIS (slightly over bouldin) FOR THE WIN, because honestly I expect bouldin to have career days when gray, sacre and goodson can't seem to pick it up.

GU69
12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I voted for Matt because it is his team and he led the charge.

But I thought that it was interesting that on the post-game show Matt said that he considered Steven to be the MVP for the game.

This is an impressive team.

ZagNative
12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I wish I would learn not to make my decision too quickly in voting for GUNIT, because every darned time that I do, I end up with second thoughts after reading everyone else's takes. Also tonight, I listened to HuddyBuddy and the Big Sexy interview Matt Bouldin, who said that Steven Gray deserved to be named MVP of the game, especially for his defense against Tompson, without much help from the rest of the team.

I voted for Elias, but could as easily have given it to Matty, but after Matty's assessment, probably would have given it to Steven for his defense.

gamagin
12-02-2009, 07:55 PM
for Elias Bouldin and Matt Harris. There was NO question we'd have had our clocks cleaned without them this night.

Instead we took a hard lesson from a very, very scrappy, well coached team and emerged with a win from the gut.

We also unveiled a new, tall version of a starting five that really looked good when it counted in this game. great adjustment for the mismatches they presented.

Go TEAM Zags !

Hoopaholic
12-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Matt and Harris were awesome
Grey was as good as you can get on the defensive end
Oly and Gibbs were VALUABLE in the last 6 minutes

But "something" happened at half time and the adjustments made on both ends of the court by the coaches turned the tide in my opinion

but if has to be player, Matt had some huge rebounds and made baskets in 1rst half to keep us in the gam

MATT

bballbeachbum
12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Harris :) and love Steven, that was a gutsy performance not to give in and still make plays to win!

another haftime gem...don't want to rely on it, but I do dig it!!!

but Matt, for what all have said

this feels good

drnoe
12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Bouldin did what he had to do... he hit his 3s... nobody else did. Harris got pi$$ed and dominated the 2nd half. Gray was horrible on offense, but he shut down Klay and came up with big play after big play. Sort of a coming out game for KO and Gibbs. I say give 'em all the game ball. But if I have to award it to one player, it has to be Harris. Wazzu dominated the paint for 30 minutes... the last 10 belonged to Harris. Great game, Zags!

SunDevilGolfZag
12-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Bouldin and Harris were spectacular, but it was really Gray who saved the day with his defense on Klay and with his big steals at the end.

Sarenyon
12-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Great job from EH and SG, but I gave it to Matty B!!! Awesome comeback!!!

RenoZag
12-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Really was a TEAM effort tonight. . .I don't think it's a "W" without the contributions outlined above.

Put a gun to my head and make me choose one ?

Harris.

The Zags have become a swarming Foreign Legion !

john montana
12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I voted for ko, but just because he so definitively settled the red shirt thread. That kid is an absolute gamer. Oh, and I also voted for him because i can't choose between Harris and matt.

HOOTER
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I went with Gray. Sure he was sloppy at times and he wasn't exactly a scoring machine tonight, but he put in a stellar defensive effort, especially late in the game. He deserves some props.

ZagNative
12-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Despite all the love expressed for SG, I see only five votes for him thus far. That's what paying attention to Defense over racking up points on your stat line will get for you guys. Oh, well, I trust the pats on the back his teammates and the coaching staff mean far more to him than a GUUnit nomination could anyway.

FWIW, here's the boxscore per Foxsports:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Screenprints/2009-12-02ZagsWSUBoxScore.jpg

asoc
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I voted for Harris.

SG played good defense but he had too many turnovers to receive GUnit imo. It had nothing to do with his lack of points, but everything to do with his turnovers.

A few on these boards tend to be very snippy and passive aggressive lately:-/

hockeyzag
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
My vote went to Bouldin, what a stud, 7 threes!!! He kept us in the game when everyone else was struggling on offense.

Just like everyone else though I wanted to recognize our amazing freshman Elias, who was a 6'7" BEAST out there tonight. What a warrior he was.

Very proud of both Kelly and Steven though too, Steven's two steals in the last 1:30 of the game were HUGE. Wazzu was close at the end but Steven refused to let them score. His defense on Klay was very impressive. Always up in his grill with a hand in his face.

I love watching this team play, and I have a feeling they really love playing together.

Zag, You're It!
12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
My vote's for Matty on this one...he was the spark that kept the team going through the second half. And oh yeah, and he scored 28 points. :)

I have to say though, I have greater faith in this team after tonight than I have all season. Watching them come back and pull out a win at the end of the game convinced me that we have a bunch of really tough guys who are going to win some close games. Even though they were able to win Maui, there were some doubts for me and I was worried for most of this game, so it's encouraging to see such a young group of players battle back on their home court and get the win. I'm giving an honorable mention to the team. Go Zags!

Ziggy
12-02-2009, 08:37 PM
"For those who were saying it should be KO red-shirting over Sam, I think we saw tonight a great example of why KO isn't red-shirting. He had a great 2nd half too!" The Jedster

My point exactly!

Oh, and give it to Matty for making them when it mattered, all game long not just the second half.

Nevtelen
12-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Tough tough call, but I have to vote for Bouldin. Not only the points, but the consistent, solid leadership and gradual chipping away all game (he played the full 40) while hitting a lot of big, big shots. Matt was pure cash money, baby. He was so money, he should legally change his name to the Count de Money (History of the World, Part I. Anyone? Anyone?). Damn.

Harris was also amazing and gets a VERY close 2nd in my book. I remember in his interview on the KREM site where, when asked if he understood what this rivalry means, he said no. Now, he knows what this rivalry means. :D Nice job in the paint.

Also big shout-outs to Gibbs for being solid under pressure and Olynyk for being a major contributor in the 2nd half. Sacre was totally taken out of his game and Olynyk really stepped up. This may mark the first major contribution the Zags have gotten from the bench this season. Nice job KO!!

TerpZag
12-02-2009, 08:51 PM
This is so close. But I went with Elias Harris (21 second half points on 7-9 shooting from the field and 7-7 from the free throw line plus 9 rebounds) but Matt Bouldin's scoring and leadership was a close second. Both played all 20 minutes of the second half.

Steven Gray played great defense throughout the game plus his two steals late in the game were important. It was great to see the smile on Steven's face when he went in for the easy lay up near the end of the game.

Kelly Olynyk played very important minutes in the second half and his scoring and rebounding were certainly valuable in the Zags comeback.

Even Grant Gibbs' impressed me with his passing that led to easy baskets in the second half.

Go Zags!!!

westside-zagfan
12-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb here and give the G-unit of the game award to the "unit" that came in with about 12 minutes left. Mark Few pulled Sacre, Gray, and then Meech was out with foul trouble. Our lineup was Bouldin, Gibbs, Arop, Harris and Olynk. That 5 got us back into the game.

Manny Arop used his length to bother Klay Thompson. Arops defensive pressure was huge. Mark few was able to give steven a break and let him collect himself after some silly turnovers and we didnt skip a beat defensively with him out of the game. so kudos to Mangistos D.

Gibbs was playing gritty gonzaga basketball. I realized that Gonzaga was playing to win, and that they arent gonna let these cougars come into their house and get a W, when Grant Gibbs got called for a foul after the Zags got a defensive rebound. To the common viewer this appeared to be a bad foul. That foul however, was a big statement. Anytime a basketball player gets called for a foul due to boxing out too hard you know that guy is getting after it and is playing to win. Grant Gibbs basically told the cougars to stay the hell out of this key. And after that the cougs began to play softer and softer until the end of the game where they we were clearly rattled.

Harris was amazing, what he did tonight was amazing. His greatness has already been spoken of on this thread so i wont elaborate on him too much. I do want to point out one play in particular. When he took a cougar double team to the hole and slammed a dunk down their throats, that was huge. That play woke up the Zags. That dunk was worth far more than 2 points. That dunk in my opinion got the zags rolling and led to them winning this game.

Kelly O stepped up tonight!! last week if you were wondering who on our bench is gonna step up and allow sacre and harris to get a breather, well its Kelly Olynk. He grabbed many key rebounds and he just kept hitting free throws for us when we were climbing back into the game. He also showed once again that he can get to the basket and score on anyone. Kelly O is something special and in 4 years he is gonna be a superstar.

And finally Matt Bouldin. WOW! wowie wow I was in awe watching him drain those 3's. I was somewhat speechless because normally he is the kinda scorer that chips away at you and slowly constructs a 18 point game. NOT TONIGHT! He got that fire in his eye and put Gonzaga on his back. If they lost it was gonna be on him he wanted the ball and he took the big shots. This was a big time performance, by a big time player, in a big time situation. And to take a guess as to what Dickie V might of said about matts performance. "He looked like an All American tonight baby with a capital A" haha. The senior stepped up and did what he needs to do more often, just take the shot. This is Matts team and I feel confident that he will take this team deep into March. Once again what a win.. GO ZAGS!!

NEC26
12-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb here and give the G-unit of the game award to the "unit" that came in with about 12 minutes left. Mark Few pulled Sacre, Gray, and then Meech was out with foul trouble. Our lineup was Bouldin, Gibbs, Arop, Harris and Olynk. That 5 got us back into the game.

Manny Arop used his length to bother Klay Thompson. Arops defensive pressure was huge. Mark few was able to give steven a break and let him collect himself after some silly turnovers and we didnt skip a beat defensively with him out of the game. so kudos to Mangistos D.

Gibbs was playing gritty gonzaga basketball. I realized that Gonzaga was playing to win, and that they arent gonna let these cougars come into their house and get a W, when Grant Gibbs got called for a foul after the Zags got a defensive rebound. To the common viewer this appeared to be a bad foul. That foul however, was a big statement. Anytime a basketball player gets called for a foul due to boxing out too hard you know that guy is getting after it and is playing to win. Grant Gibbs basically told the cougars to stay the hell out of this key. And after that the cougs began to play softer and softer until the end of the game where they we were clearly rattled.

Harris was amazing, what he did tonight was amazing. His greatness has already been spoken of on this thread so i wont elaborate on him too much. I do want to point out one play in particular. When he took a cougar double team to the hole and slammed a dunk down their throats, that was huge. That play woke up the Zags. That dunk was worth far more than 2 points. That dunk in my opinion got the zags rolling and led to them winning this game.

Kelly O stepped up tonight!! last week if you were wondering who on our bench is gonna step up and allow sacre and harris to get a breather, well its Kelly Olynk. He grabbed many key rebounds and he just kept hitting free throws for us when we were climbing back into the game. He also showed once again that he can get to the basket and score on anyone. Kelly O is something special and in 4 years he is gonna be a superstar.

And finally Matt Bouldin. WOW! wowie wow I was in awe watching him drain those 3's. I was somewhat speechless because normally he is the kinda scorer that chips away at you and slowly constructs a 18 point game. NOT TONIGHT! He got that fire in his eye and put Gonzaga on his back. If they lost it was gonna be on him he wanted the ball and he took the big shots. This was a big time performance, by a big time player, in a big time situation. And to take a guess as to what Dickie V might of said about matts performance. "He looked like an All American tonight baby with a capital A" haha. The senior stepped up and did what he needs to do more often, just take the shot. This is Matts team and I feel confident that he will take this team deep into March. Once again what a win.. GO ZAGS!!

Really good post. For all the ballyhoo about Grays defense when Arop came in he played outstanding D too. It was when Sacre, Meech, and Gray were out that we made our run in this game. We got some really good minutes from our bench this game which is something I think we all have been wanting to see.

Zag4Hire
12-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Hard to argue between Bouldin and Harris but Harris won so many battles down low that needed to be won. WSU was killing the Zags with 2nd chance points and just fierce play in the key. Harris took that element away in the 2nd half so I give him the nod.

UberZagFan
12-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Harris was the man!!!

Zagineer
12-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Well. The Poll choices hit the top 4 "nail on the head". But I had to vote for Team/Coaches. It took every single play by the team and coaches to end up on top.

That being said, the close "second place" for my vote were.......

Boulden. For his out-of-body scoring performance.

Harris. For his all-around performance on both ends of the court.

Gray. For keeping Thompson contained within the world of mortals.

Arop. Read westside-zagfan's post. :)

Gibbs. Just read westside-zagfan's post, again.. :D

Olynyck. For stepping in and performing to the level he is capable of.... today. (Tomorrow (as in Thursday), he will be even BETTER. :) )

Life is good. :)

lothar98zag
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Couldn't decide so I voted for Matt Harris.

(potentially turning into a newer version of Adam Batista)

Psychozag
12-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Harris by a long shot. Matt's points were good, but Harris set the tone for the second half. He did everything out there. He is quickly becoming my all-time favorite Zag.

NotoriousZ
12-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Late surge of Harris votes! He almost got mine also, but...read my earlier post. If I had 10 votes, Matt and Elias would each get 5. This really should end in a tie--give it to them both!

maynard g krebs
12-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I voted for ko, but just because he so definitively settled the red shirt thread. That kid is an absolute gamer. Oh, and I also voted for him because i can't choose between Harris and matt.

+1

Reborn
12-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Matt Bouldin. It's close. Matt's leading now 74-72. It really was a tough decison, but it was the best game I've ever seen Matt play. Fans think it's going to be the sharpshooting Klay Thompson who takes this game, but it was Matt Bouldin who did the sharpshooting tonight. He did remind me of Dan Dickau with that dribble pull-up 3,and BANG. :) And Matt hustled all game
and played very good defense again.

Harris was so ON FIRE the second half. He carried us for awhile. I love watching him play. He's so INTENSE.
KUDOS to the FRESHMAN class. During our comeback in the 2nd half we had 4 Freshmen along with Matt on the floor. THAT WAS SPECIAL I thought. Shout out to Grant Gibbs for some beautiful passing.

ZagsGoZags
12-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I voted for Elias because he was the one who did most to stop their winning strategy of coming straight at us, boxing us out, winning the rebounds, and their big men challenging ours. When the momentum had gone their way for so long (10 min left in game) Harris was grinding out a cunning and focused challenge to them underneath.

Harris has to be the most mentally tough zag I can remember since Batista and Ammo in his last year, (maybe Pendo in there too). Matt helped turn the game at crucial points and had 28 pts. But finally I felt the victory in the trenches with Elias was more impressive and crucial than Matt having an excellent 3 pt night. Besides Elias had almost as many points 24, and more rebounds.

Crazy
12-03-2009, 12:25 AM
i voted for Harris, without seeing the game because of his impressiv Statsline 24 Points in 33 min is very big, and imho stronger then 27 Points in 40mins.

Combined with a shooting percentage over 70% and eleven rebounds, make his stats line pretty awesome and hard to believe that he make the most of it in the second half.

I can not see grays defense, so it was surely unfair for him, but his offensiv performances especially the TO don't look that good and i hoped elias makes an (atleast) solid game on both side of the court.

Edit: another reason why i vote for harris, that i am more Harris then Zags fan and now shame on me ;)

Zagquette
12-03-2009, 05:40 AM
Few.....not only for his adjustments (spreading the floor with a smaller lineup), but because of how he develops his players.

Love this quote from Spokesman Blog....

"One thing assistant coach Ben Johnson told Marcus Capers and the rest of the Cougars was they couldnít relax on defense when Matt Bouldin or Steven Gray came off a screen. The Zag guards will relax and then explode to an open spot. Too often he was right. Bouldin got a lot of his looks not by coming off a screen but by baiting Capers into standing a little, then making a quick cut to get space and a pass. Thatís all he needed Wednesday night."

...part of this is instincts, but running the right drills in practice makes those instincts second nature..

cjm720
12-03-2009, 06:19 AM
I went with Bouldin because of his first half efforts, but both he and Harris should share second half POG honors. Harris..wow, just wow.

Gray had some unbelievable steals at the end of the game and really contained Klay all night.

Olynick played smart and with grit...clutch free throw shooter.

The guy that calmed the storm was Grant Gibbs though....We needed some buckets and Gibbs made it happen.

All and all, another come from behind victory...this team is shaping up to be one of my favorites!!!

Go Zags!!!

outrunu
12-03-2009, 06:48 AM
I've decided to go with Harris. Matty was throwing daggers all night, but Harris is the one who started the push in the second half, just dominating all aspects and refusing to be beaten. KO was a stud off the bench. SG was a gem on defense, and even though he had 6 to's (give WSU some credit for their D here. They did a great job of filling passing lanes all night.

It really could have been a coin flip between MB and EH though.

titopoet
12-03-2009, 06:55 AM
I am giving to the guy that doesn't get many, but is more responsible for wins and any other Zag, Coach Few. WSU came in with a great game plan, and Few's half time adjustments were amazing. Finding a away to clear the paint so that Harris could operate, changing the defending of backside screens in the second half (GU fought through the screens rather than switching, keeping Gray and Arop on Klay, rather than getting a favorable switch) He made the right moves to give his guys the plan to come back and win the game.

malmer7
12-03-2009, 09:32 AM
just barely though, harris played better all around, but matt just made too many big threes

SWZag
12-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm quite surprised only ten people have voted thus far for the coaches. I felt that they came out in the second half with a excellent game plan after seeing that their original plan wasn't working. And to come up with a game plan that would ultimately overcome the strangling defense that Wazzu was playing (Triple teaming at times downlow, etc.).

I also felt that they made some, at times tough, moves to keep some on the bench and put your total faith and trust into a Frosh. That's not an easy decision to make, but he (they) made it and it paid off, greatly. It goes against reason to keep your best overall performers on the bench, even if they are having a rough game.

There were some other great performances. Bouldin keeping us in the game in the first half and leading the charge back. Gray literally sticking to Thompson. He may have scored four points, but he (along with a couple rotations by other Zags) held Klay to 15 points, 13 points below is average. That in my mind, is just like scoring on the offensive end if you can play that kind of D. Harris was huge as well, showing even more versatility in driving and going off the dribble.

But...

I give my vote for GUnit to Coach Few and the Staff. People often complain that Few is always out-coached (which I don't buy), but last night he showed what kind of coach he is and can be. Good job Few and Co.

SWZag

Drew
12-03-2009, 10:09 AM
I would have voted for co-GUnit of Bouldin/Gray/Harris if it was an option. I voted for Gray only because his votes should have been closer to Bouldin & Harris.

zagitup
12-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Bouldin played the full game, shot the ball well, had only two turnovers, and was glowing of his praise for a teammate's defense. That's senior leadership, and his strong 40 minutes gave the Zags the opportunity to rise up in the second half. Nobody else played as well in both halves.

+1

Matty playing the entire game tipped the scales... MB=POG

D-Rav in Trier
12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Nice to see that our german export is doing fine overseas :) Btw: Derek Raivio plays a great season for Trier.

UberZagFan
12-03-2009, 11:39 AM
woohoo: Uber has to register his objection to your poll. Hasn't it been discussed and determined that only players can be a GUnit and then only a vote for one player? Jeesh. No "team" votes and definitely no "Few" votes (see Uber's post (http://www.guboards.com/showpost.php?p=485723&postcount=41) in the CU GUnit thread).

Uber also thinks there should be no poll and everyone should just state the name. And then we could go back to the woohoo tallies. Would give woohoo something to do.

3zagda
12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Voted for Matt, but it was close. Harris is so impressive and was a force in the second half. And KO and Gibbs looked great too.
What happened to Rob? Gray had me worried with some sloppy TOs and no baskets. Yet I say we do not win that game without his big D down the stretch. He is a big part of why WSU good not buy a basket down the stretch. He really is a gifted player.

gozagswoohoo
12-03-2009, 12:04 PM
woohoo: Uber has to register his objection to your poll. Hasn't it been discussed and determined that only players can be a GUnit and then only a vote for one player? Jeesh. No "team" votes and definitely no "Few" votes (see Uber's post (http://www.guboards.com/showpost.php?p=485723&postcount=41) in the CU GUnit thread).

Uber also thinks there should be no poll and everyone should just state the name. And then we could go back to the woohoo tallies. Would give woohoo something to do.

I kinda agree that it is semi-pointless to have a 'team' vote. But...but....but....I don't know, I go back and forth on the idea.

Also, do you realize how TIME-CONSUMING adding each individual vote is?!?! It takes like 7 stinkin minutes Uber!!

ZagsGoZags
12-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Speaking realistically, and on the basis of merit alone,

if Few is on the ballot, I will be forced to vote for him every game, even (if we voted) in a loss

Rangerzag
12-04-2009, 03:04 AM

In opposition to now, which gives Uber something to do, which is complain ;)

Birddog
12-04-2009, 04:09 AM
It's WooHoo's game, he started it, so he can set the rules, however I must admit that I like the original rules: "one vote, one person, player only". Team votes are cop outs even if deserved.

NotoriousZ
12-04-2009, 09:46 AM
It's WooHoo's game, he started it, so he can set the rules, however I must admit that I like the original rules: "one vote, one person, player only". Team votes are cop outs even if deserved.

I know we're not going to change the rules, but I would have given a half vote each to Harris and Bouldin. Or let us vote for two people if you prefer. This was one of those nights that when I voted for Matt, I felt like I was robbing Elias.

gozagswoohoo
12-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Is it possible to rate each player between 1-10 then tally up the votes, giving Woohoo more to do?

How about if we rate each player, 1-10, and then assign a color. The more pigment the color has, the higher vote that player gets. Then, you would also assign a shape to each player, the more side's the shape has, the higher your vote. For instance, if you wanted to give someone a low score, you would give them a circle, which has 1 side.

Then I would tally the votes. In this case, the Washington State GUnit would be Matt Francis Bouldin, with 72 votes and a yellow decagon.

ID ZAGFAN
12-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Loved it, WooHoo.

:lmao:

ID ZAGFAN

lothar98zag
12-04-2009, 11:35 AM
:roll:

sittingon50
12-04-2009, 12:37 PM
A circle has one side WooHoo? Now we're treading into the same dangerous territory of a few days back whether "0" was a #!!

This board is getting way to metaphysical for me.

kitzbuel
12-04-2009, 02:06 PM
A circle has one side WooHoo? Now we're treading into the same dangerous territory of a few days back whether "0" was a #!!

This board is getting way to metaphysical for me.
I think they have two sides; inside and outside.