• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Special thanks to ZagMan in Philly

I posted this on another thread but wanted to also acknowledge ZIP in its own thread for those who didn't read the other thread, because the services he provides us fans aare just extraordinary.

In addition to providing livestreaming on justin.tv to all the games he's able to access (http://www.justin.tv/phillyzag), he has also uploaded many complete Zags games to youTube, so if you miss them live, you can console yourself within a short time after the games by viewing them on YouTube.

Check Palktrans Channel on Youtube for a listing. Games are usually listed in nine-part segments, unless they go overtime, like the Colorado game, which is in 15 segments. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you bookmark the link to his channel below.

Palktrans Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/paulktran#g/u

Colorado at Maui: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...965FC57ED7622D (click the Play All Videos option)

Cinci at Maui: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...C02B5349944EDC

Again, all praise and thanks are due to ZagMan In Philly for his extraordinary efforts on behalf of the Zag community! I don't know if three bona fide miracles are required to be proven to nominate ZagMan In Philly for sainthood, but canonization shouldn't be far off!

• Feb 2007

Agreed! ZagMan has truly been extraordinary in his coverage of GU basketball, and a God-send for those of us who no longer reside within the 509 (and other areas that receive regular TV coverage).
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• DenDiegoZag
      Kennel Club
      • Feb 2007

+ 1 For sure...

Gracias!
      Rolling down the street...with my mind on my Foo and my Foo on my mind...

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2007

Ya the guy and his work is awesome! Question though, since I usually am staying up till 5 in the morning watching games, how long after the game finishes are the uploads on youtube up? and do the uploads say the score on them or who wins? I would love not to have to wake up so early to see the games, but dont really want to see the score before i see the game. Once again, you are the man zag man in philly!

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

My experience is that the games aren't up on YouTube right away. I think it's a fairly complicated process and somewhat time-consuming, all the more reason to bow down before the great and powerful ZIP.

For game scores, you can always check on ESPN's Gonzaga page.

Comment

• DoMieD
            Banned
            • Feb 2009

The Justin.TV streams are great, much appreciated.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

I bet its a long process. I will stay up 2nite then. Whats three less hours of sleep anyways? Im young. I can handle it. Thanks ZIP

Comment

• sullyzag66
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I think ZagMan streams the game live and Paulktran uploads the games to YouTube after the game is over. Thanks to both for the service. It takes a while to put the game on YouTube because the feed has to be digitized, then uploaded to YouTube. In addition, he has to split the uploads because there's a ten-minute limit on segments. True dedication.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                  Zag for Life
                  • Apr 2007

You are welcome! Just want to spread Zags Basketball as far as possible for every game. I have got to know so many many Zags fans from across the globe, just amazing. Enjoy!

Comment

• ZagNative
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Just in case it's not clear, paraphraphrasing Grady from the Shining, "Paulktrans is ZagMan In Philly! He's always been ZagMan In Philly!"

Comment

• sullyzag66
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                      Just in case it's not clear, paraphraphrasing Grady from the Shining, "Paulktrans is ZagMan In Philly! He's always been ZagMan In Philly!"
                      I was vaguely aware of that, but his is clearly a two-person job, so I remained confused. All clear now.

Comment

• ZagNative
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

For sure, if ZagMan In Philly makes it to Spokane anytime soon ...

"Your money's no good here, Mr ZagMan In Philly. Orders from the house."

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                          • Feb 2007

ZMiP... Next time you are in NY I will buy you a beer or three. You coming up 95 for the Duke game?
                          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• FieldHouseFishHouse
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Feb 2009

Thanks a ton ZIP, from Berkeley CA. I couldn't press on without the Zags. Like hydrogen bonding solvents and sp3 hybridized non-metals, you make life possible for me.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                              Zag for Life
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                              ZMiP... Next time you are in NY I will buy you a beer or three. You coming up 95 for the Duke game?
                              Yes, will be there with wife and two young sons...wife is a Temple grad, but now a converted Zag fan (does she have a choice???)

Comment

Working...
                              X