• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bullzag23
    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
    • Apr 2008

Harris gets some pub

For those of you who have ESPN Insider here's the link:

November is still early in the men's basketball season, but that doesn't mean we haven't learned anything about 2009-10 from the past month's play.

This Season's Freshmen Are Really Good: Last season was not a banner season from freshman phenoms, although there were some very good ones. November taught us that more of the first-year wonders can contribute in a big way right away than could a year ago. A ton of freshmen will mature into really good college basketball players, but not as many are prepared to be load carriers right out of the gate.

Freshmen who led the way in November were Kansas' Xavier Henry, Kentucky's John Wall, Duke's Andre Dawkins, Georgia Tech's Derrick Favors, Indiana's Maurice Creek, Cincinnati's Lance Stephenson, Gonzaga's Elias Harris, Texas' J'Covan Brown, Arkansas' Marshawn Powell, Florida's Kenny Boynton and Oklahoma's Tiny Gallon.
    Nice to see our guy getting a little recognition
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013
  • thebigsmoove
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Great Stuff! Jay Bilas is in love with the zags this year, usually ESPN likes us. Steve Lavin practically had a cow over our squad calling us the "Best unranked team in the country" several times...I think that bodes well for our seeding in the dance if we can keep this winning train going...

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Thanks for the link, bullzag23!

I liked this:
      November has shown that mid-majors can get the games needed to prove they are NCAA tournament good. And the good news is, some of them are proving it in a big way. Gonzaga, Butler, Portland, Richmond, Northern Iowa, Missouri State and Siena are the best mid-majors I saw this November.

Some Guys Need More Pub: Among those who have had really good starts but have not gotten major ink are South Carolina's Devan Downey, Tennessee's Scotty Hopson, Arkansas' Rotnei Clarke, Washington State's Klay Thompson, Saint Mary's Omar Samhan, Nevada's Luke Babbitt, BYU's Jimmer Fredette, Seattle's Charles Garcia, Niagara's Bilal Benn, Houston's Aubrey Coleman, Charlotte's Shamari Spears, Mercer's James Florence, Radford's Art Parakhouski, St. John's D.J. Kennedy, Memphis' Elliot Williams and Cornell's Ryan Wittman.

If it isn't on television, it doesn't mean that it didn't happen. These guys need to be better known. That's the media's fault, not theirs.

Comment

Working...
      X