PDA

View Full Version : CBK Power Rankings-- GU #15

ZagManFan
12-02-2009, 10:46 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/powerRankings

Considering what the 'Zags lost from last season, Mark Few is demonstrating after a Maui Invitational championship that he can reload with the best of them.

007Zag
12-02-2009, 11:02 AM
yeah but not impressed when the same someone who ranks us #15 can say "The Huskies got pushed to the limit at home by Big Sky rep Montana" and then rank UW #8.

dawgfather11
12-02-2009, 02:01 PM
yeah but not impressed when the same someone who ranks us #15 can say "The Huskies got pushed to the limit at home by Big Sky rep Montana" and then rank UW #8.

Just curious, how is our win against Montana any different than yours where you barely won against a team that won 1 game all year in the big 12 last year? I'll help you out, it's not. Both teams had very off games and yet still found ways to win, teams have off games do you not understand that? I just think it's funny that the majority of this boards hates on 1 team for having an off game and yet when their team has 1 they just tend to ignore that...

bullzag23
12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Colorado is much improved this season, and is loads better than Montana. Colorado has a couple real NBA prospects and a great coach in Bzdelik(who put in an awesome game plan for the Zags, but had to tend to his ailing mother). Colorado will be vastly improved in the Big XII this season and will be a borderline tournament team.

Not to mention the game was at a neutral site, while UW barely got a win at HOME. Beat Texas Tech on the road and I'll stop talking :D

BroncoZAG615
12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Just curious, how is our win against Montana any different than yours where you barely won against a team that won 1 game all year in the big 12 last year? I'll help you out, it's not. Both teams had very off games and yet still found ways to win, teams have off games do you not understand that? I just think it's funny that the majority of this boards hates on 1 team for having an off game and yet when their team has 1 they just tend to ignore that...

I'll crack an egg with this one. First off I would say that the game was played in Washington in front of the home crowd. Secondly, I would say that Montana barely snuck by LMU and lost to Denver University. Colorado on the other hand has lost two games to Gonzaga and Arizona by a combined total of eight points. Did I mention they played those games without their head coach? Cory Higgins is phenomenal and Alec Burks is a young star. Colorado is turning a corner and everyone that watched Maui saw that.

But it's okay, can't wait to see how the season unfolds for both schools not only as someone who despises Washington, but as a fan of Colorado athletics.

WallaWallaZag
12-02-2009, 03:19 PM
i would add that EVEN IF colorado and montana are fairly equal in terms of how good they are, the national perception is vastly different. colorado is from a major bcs conference and the game was at a major tournament on a neutral site and on national tv. no disrespect to montana, but to most of the country there probably isn't much difference between montana and ipfw, not to mention the game was at hec ed and there was expectation for the huskies to blow them out. dawgfather's point about off games is valid, but to say there is no difference between the two close wins is imo shortsighted.

vandalzag
12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Montana may be a better team than Colorado. That being said they are still not considered the best team in the Big Sky. So a top ten team, from a big time conference, playing in their gigantic arena, housed in a super big city should be able to handle the 2nd best team in the Big Sky Conference. Especially since that same team had just lost on the road to that noted basketball power Denver. Dawgfather you are better than that. Off games at home are one thing, play this same game on the road (that is when your team leaves it's area code and plays on the campus of the other school) and the Huskies would have lost by double figures. There is a reason why they call a home court advantage an advantage.