PDA

View Full Version : What Are WAZZU Fans Saying?

SWZag
12-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Washington State Basketball Forum - Scout (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=137&f=1996)

Typical WAZZU fan:

Can you buy beer at the McCarthey Athletic Center?

:D

Like the game with USD, Coach Bone is not new to playing GU. In fact if I remember correctly his PSU team beat GU at GU last year. So I think he knows what he's up against and what it will take to win. I like the Cougs chances and I think Bone will have them as well prepared as can be expected. My biggest concern is our lack of a big to match up against Foster, But Bone was able to overcome a similar problem last year so I'm hoping he can do it again now that he has even better players to work with.

Foster getting some love!

SWZag

ZagManFan
12-02-2009, 08:30 AM
If they are worried about Foster they are sooooooooo in trouble tonight.:D

007Zag
12-02-2009, 08:49 AM
seriously, foster is the least of their worries. it seems to me that guy just looked down our roster and picked the tallest guy. didn't bother to watch us play. not to rag on Big Will, but Sacre is going to be the mismatch they'll have to worry about down low more often.

DenDiegoZag
12-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I think they need to be most worried about our "in your face" team defence starting with Meech on up. If they think they stand a chance, they will need someone besides Klay to step up because points and second chance shots do not come easily against us so far this year.

kjstoph1
12-02-2009, 10:27 AM
A true Wazzu fan would smuggle in a flask.

My guess is an 80-68 type game. Thompson gets his 25, Casto gets into some foul trouble but Cougs don't have the big boys to compete with Sacre, Olynyk, Harris, and even Foster.

gonstu
12-02-2009, 11:07 AM

:agreed: :roll:

zagzealot
12-02-2009, 11:15 AM

If it's a Wazzu fan I think they're referring to the Lager, not the player.

007Zag
12-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Foster, Australian for "don't bring that weak sauce in the paint!"

thebigsmoove
12-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Come on guys, we shouldn't disrespect Wazzu just because of a handful of ignorant fans. They have a pretty solid team this year and should be in the top half of the Pac Ten when the season closes. Klay Thompson is a stud and with some marquee match ups may solidify himself as the next Stephen Curry with his wonderful outside game. We will be pushed by this cougar team, not like last year.

That being said, i do think we will overcome their efforts to win and continue our series dominance.

NotoriousZ
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Come on guys, we shouldn't disrespect Wazzu just because of a handful of ignorant fans. They have a pretty solid team this year and should be in the top half of the Pac Ten when the season closes. Klay Thompson is a stud and with some marquee match ups may solidify himself as the next Stephen Curry with his wonderful outside game. We will be pushed by this cougar team, not like last year.

That being said, i do think we will overcome their efforts to win and continue our series dominance.

They'd better be in the top three (or two) if they want to go dancing this year. Respect for the Cougs? O.K., at least they have the balls to play us.

ZagManFan
12-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Respect for the Cougs? O.K., at least they have the balls to play us.

+1

thebigsmoove
12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
+1

I respect their Athletic Director and Coach to keep this long running series going. I respect them because 3 of my family members are alums. I respect them because they have a legitimately talented ball club. Am i a fan? HECK NO! but we gotta be the classier fan base right?

ZagManFan
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I respect their Athletic Director and Coach to keep this long running series going. I respect them because 3 of my family members are alums. I respect them because they have a legitimately talented ball club. Am i a fan? HECK NO! but we gotta be the classier fan base right?

What is this thread was disrespectful to the Cougars fans? A little joking is all I saw. Now my "up by 30 " chant in Pullman last year, now that was disrespectful.

It's a rivalry game man. People from both sides are amped up. Just like when UW actually played us. I honestly did not see anything that was disrespectful in this thread that deemed your posting.

webspinnre
12-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I have no disrespect at all for WSU, but found this thread to be quite entertaining. Every game other than this one, I root for WSU.

thebigsmoove
12-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Washington State Basketball Forum - Scout (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=137&f=1996)

Typical WAZZU fan:

Can you buy beer at the McCarthey Athletic Center?

A true Wazzu fan would smuggle in a flask.

Just throwing it out there, im not a site admin, just trying to remind us to keep it classy, we are a classy fan base. We love our Zags, We dislike the Cougs, but its not like they are the huskies or something, right? I mean if we were playing the Huskies i would totally be down for some trash talking, the deserve that crap.

ZagManFan
12-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Just throwing it out there, im not a site admin, just trying to remind us to keep it classy, we are a classy fan base. We love our Zags, We dislike the Cougs, but its not like they are the huskies or something, right? I mean if we were playing the Huskies i would totally be down for some trash talking, the deserve that crap.

U know how many flasks I have smuggled in?

HRZag
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Zagmanfan, that was you. I heard it on the TV and got a pretty good laugh out of that one. I still have it on the dvr. Great stuff.

It's a rivalry game, we can kid each other a bit. No disrespect for the Cougs.

Heck, I am even cheering for Omar and St. Mary's in a couple of weeks against the Ducks.

Go Zags.

zagzealot
12-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I live for the Husky/Cougar jokes come Apple Cup time. Why not some levity here? Seriously, folks..

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4018/hulkavl3.jpg

Q: How do you keep a Cougar from drinking too much?
A: Slam the toilet on his head.

titopoet
12-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey their fans don't even believe.
http://www.wsufootballblog.com/2009-articles/december/gonzaga-preview.html

Unfortunately, pulling all of this off so early in the season—and on the road—seems like too much of a tall order, especially since we have the Zags’ undivided attention. Zags soundly beat a much improving and exciting Cougar team 89-75.

Enjoy the game--we've already doubled with the win total of the football team over the past two seasons!