PDA

View Full Version : re: New Roster - I am officially old

ZAGduck
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Looking at the profiles of the incoming freshmen - this is the first group that was born AFTER I graduated from GU. Today was also the first time I had to write "40" on a form asking for my age....

BobZag
04-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I'll gladly trade you ages, you youngin'. :)

a13coach
04-16-2007, 06:05 PM
ZagDuck, Welcome to my decade!!! :D

OregonZag5
04-16-2007, 07:06 PM
My heart breaks for you- since I was at the game that opened the Kennedy Pavilion I am going to enter a new decade later this year- one that birdog may have already entered- Everyone looks young to me.

A question- does anyone thing that a team can have too much talent- in that there is so much playing time and thus you can get discontentment- so you need a few walk ons- am I off base ?

Birddog
04-17-2007, 06:07 AM
one that birdog may have already entered

Yeah, I'm there, no biggie. The biggest difference is that for awhile now, I seem to always get at least one set of nose hair clippers on the those days when we receive gifts.

Birddog

Rubbadub
04-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Not properly managed, alot of talent can of course lead to that sort of problem. UNC and Kansas seemed to do alright this year though.

sonuvazag
04-17-2007, 06:13 AM
A question- does anyone thing that a team can have too much talent- in that there is so much playing time and thus you can get discontentment- so you need a few walk ons- am I off base ?

The question has occured to me. At USC football the answer is no. And no I'm not comparing us to USC football directly RanchZagFan. I've heard Pete Carroll philosophies about too much talent though. He and his players--even the five-stars who don't play right away--seem to think its better... to have too much talent. The competitive spirit to get playing time makes every one stronger.

lawzag
04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
sorry Zagduck I don't feel sorry for you -- I was where you are 5 years ago:mecry:

by the way, my son (who's at UO) is a "jrZagduck" :D