• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

My Sincerest Wish For Sam Dower

To develop and become just like JuJuan Johnson (Purdue) and the game he has. Sam can do it, too; he can shoot it away from the basket and operate strongly around the basket.

If Sam can do this, wow.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
    To develop and become just like JuJuan Johnson (Purdue) and the game he has. Sam can do it, too; he can shoot it away from the basket and operate strongly around the basket.
    I was thinking the exact thing tonight when I was watchin Johnson.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• sdzag
      Kennel Club Alum
      • Feb 2007

My Sincerest Wish For Sam Dower
      Bob he is not sick. He is red shirting. This will do wonders for his size. From the reports I've heard Sam is going to be a low post scoring machine but has a bit of the Zag Skinny Big Man-itis. Can't wait to see him next year after a COG Style freshman 15 and being able to practice with a Sweet 16 caliber team.
      SDZag does not represent the opinions of San Diego just the San Diegians on the Foo!

Comment

• SWZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

My one comment about Sam: I love his enthusiasm. I'm thinking it's him on the end of the bench, usually in khaki's. Whenever GU makes an awesome play or doing well, he's up jumping up and down getting pumped up. He's also being a big part of getting this team fired up. Just what I'd want from a red shirt!

Can't wait to see it translated onto the floor next year.

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by SWZag View Post
          My one comment about Sam: I love his enthusiasm. I'm thinking it's him on the end of the bench, usually in khaki's. Whenever GU makes an awesome play or doing well, he's up jumping up and down getting pumped up. He's also being a big part of getting this team fired up. Just what I'd want from a red shirt!
          SWZag
          Cheers to that!

Also, does Sam have Jajuan's length? I know they have similar height and weight, but Jajuan really takes advantage of his big wingspan when finishing in traffic over opposing big men. Just looking at Sam, I think he might.
          What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• 007Zag
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Mar 2008

I like that comparison. They seem to have the same build, and I remember thinking that part of the reason Sam's three point shot looked so weird during the preseason was because of his wingspan.

He also kind of reminds me of Dejuan Blair a little bit. anybody else?

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
            Cheers to that!

Also, does Sam have Jajuan's length? I know they have similar height and weight, but Jajuan really takes advantage of his big wingspan when finishing in traffic over opposing big men. Just looking at Sam, I think he might.

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

Sam has Jujuan's length, if not more length. Muscle, quickness and skills are what Sam needs to work hard on to get to Johnson's level.

Blair was a beastly mountain of a man. Sam is not similar to Blair.
              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Zagpower
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Feb 2007

As mentioned by others

He reminds me of Sam Perkins.

Comment

• tyra
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Another reason to love Sam

Watch tonight's game and when the coach calls a timeout and the team gathers and he is instructing them. You'll notice Sam as the big guy in street clothes leaning over the backs of some of the suited up players into the conversation so he can learn everything he can from the Coach's talk.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2008

I went browsing for a picture that might show Sam's wingspan, and I think I found one. Check out where Sam's head is, and then look at his left hand. The angle from which the picture was taken slightly distorts his length, but even still, Sam looks like he might be a human 747 w/ that wingspan.
                    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

Stockton

[QUOTE=tyra;490679]Watch tonight's game and when the coach calls a timeout and the team gathers and he is instructing them. You'll notice Sam as the big guy in street clothes leaning over the backs of some of the suited up players into the conver

is usually in the huddle, too, he's just a little harder to see!

ID ZAGFAN

Comment

• 007Zag
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Mar 2008

Fair enough. I'm probably just falling victim to seeing what I want to see

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                        Blair was a beastly mountain of a man. Sam is not similar to Blair.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

was also watching the msu-unc game...i think i'd possibly take sam turning into ed davis over jajuan johnson, but if he's anything close to either i won't mind...

off topic...watching henson of unc reminded me of a more athletic austin daye.

Comment

Working...
                          X