PDA

View Full Version : OT - Wake Forest at #4 Purdue

CDC84
12-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Wake leads 34-30 with 17:11 left in the 2nd half.

HOOTER
12-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Go Wake! We need them to win games like this.

outrunu
12-01-2009, 04:24 PM
It's on the WWL.
(ESPN)

BobZag
12-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Aminu is looonnnnng. Wow. Zags will have to play hard and smart. Wake has serious athletes.

Baldwinzag
12-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Wake has talent and looks athletic at every position. They will be tough to defend and match up against on both sides of the court. However, WF has a propensity to be VERY unorganized and appear to lack cohesiveness on offense. If we play team ball, we win; if we don't show up and play tough defense, Wake Forest has the ability to capitalize and score in bunches. This will be a difficult win for our young Zags on Saturday. I'd compare them to a more talented version of Colorado...

007Zag
12-01-2009, 04:46 PM
i agree, WF looks talented but not altogether cohesive on offense. Lots of athletes, maybe not the most disciplined basketball players?

they also seem to be stumbling down the stretch here.

ID ZAGFAN
12-01-2009, 05:02 PM
announcer just said that he would not be surprised if the WCC got 3-4 teams into the NCAA tournament.
Also, that Wake Forest had another tough game this Saturday against Gonzaga.

ID ZAGFAN

BobZag
12-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Purdue is dang good. Very impressed.

CDC84
12-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I felt some of Wake Forest's defense in the 2nd half left a lot to be desired. Too many easy baskets near the rim for a team with that kind of size and length.

GUinSTL
12-02-2009, 05:21 AM
I agree that WF looked out of synch offensively. first time i've seen them this year, so I don't know if that is an anomoly, or if they just haven't come together yet. i think our TEAM beats their group of individuals who all happen to wear the same jersey. :)
I wouldn't want to tussle with Purdue, though. The matchup between Chris Kramer and Bouldin would be awesome, however.

must focus on whooping WSU now...
~B

Reborn
12-02-2009, 05:33 AM
I think Wake Forest has a pretty good team. They are young in the backcourt, and they've got a really good coach. This road trip for them is a great way to learn, rather than staying at home piling up victories against lesser opponents like some teams we know. Purdue is a VERY good team, playing a good team in their HOUSE. They SHOULD look that much better. And so should we when we play them Saturday. They are BIG, but just not cohesive yet. I'm glad we're getting them early in the season and in OUR house. They will get better and better as the season goes on.

I enjoyed the game. I really like Purdue's arena. It looked so Gothic, so ancient, with everyone in black. It reminded me of the Roman Colliseum where the Gladiators fought for years.

CDC84
12-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Wake had 25 TO's last night. Aminu had 6 and Ish Smith (their PG) had 6.

ZagManFan
12-02-2009, 08:33 AM
I watched last night and was not impressed much by either team. If it wasn't for a short spurt by Purdue in the 2nd half they would have lost. WF can block shots, so a memo to GU----PUMP FAKE! They can't shoot worth a lick and can't play defense. More worried about WSU than Wake.

Nevtelen
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I watched last night and was not impressed much by either team. If it wasn't for a short spurt by Purdue in the 2nd half they would have lost. WF can block shots, so a memo to GU----PUMP FAKE! They can't shoot worth a lick and can't play defense. More worried about WSU than Wake.

But if Wake can get out of their funk of TOs, they are long and athletic enough to provide real problems. WSU will probably not play much better than they have already IMO. Wake is more dangerous, no question.

TODAY, though, I'm more worried about WSU. :)

ZagManFan
12-02-2009, 09:50 AM
But if Wake can get out of their funk of TOs, they are long and athletic enough to provide real problems. WSU will probably not play much better than they have already IMO. Wake is more dangerous, no question.

TODAY, though, I'm more worried about WSU. :)

Yes, they are long and athletic, but are also on a long road trip that takes them all the way across the US and have to play in the Kennel. WSU can take a cab to the game. Living in a hotel takes a lot out of you and flying to Purdue and then to Spokane is not fun either. Weary legs will catch up to them.

They do not pressure the ball much and that plays to our advantage. Over the years the teams that have pressured us on the ball have had more success (Memphis comes to mind).

NovaZag
12-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Wake, Illinois, Oklahoma stumbling early. Cincinnati may prove to be our best non-conference win come March--unless we beat Duke, of course.

WallaWallaZag
12-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Wake, Illinois, Oklahoma stumbling early. Cincinnati may prove to be our best non-conference win come March--unless we beat Duke, of course.

all these teams are fairly young and are likely to get better as the season goes forward...some of their losses were pretty tough too...purdue might be better than msu. some might even improve by the time they play us....hopefully they recover in conference and give our rpi and resume a boost.

CDC84
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
The best thing Gonzaga can do to increase their profile is just beat everyone. If their BCS opponents fall to pieces, no one can accuse Gonzaga of not scheduling hard. I learned that lesson with the 2003/04 team which got a number two seed despite only possessing one top 50 RPI win. Sweeping the WCC, playing what looked to be a tough schedule going into the season and going into the dance with a 20 game winning streak impressed the committee a great deal.