PDA

View Full Version : I Read it For the Interviews. . .Really !

RenoZag
02-09-2007, 12:32 PM
PLAYBOY TO CREATE A SEARCHABLE DIGITAL ARCHIVE
More than 50 Years of the Iconic Men's Magazine to be Released on Six DVDs

CHICAGO, February 9, 2007 - Playboy Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: PLA, PLAA) and Bondi Digital Publishing LLC, today announced plans to create a highly anticipated, one-of-a-kind series of DVD box sets that will deliver to consumers 53 years of Playboy magazine in an electronic format.

http://www.celebopedia.com/hugh-hefner/images/hugh-hefner.jpg

An instant must-have for collectors and Playboy aficionados, this groundbreaking digital archive will contain the articles, interviews, cartoons, photographs - and even advertisements - as they appeared in the original print editions. Released by decade, the first two sets, featuring every issue from the 1950s and 1960s, will hit stores in October 2007 with additional sets slated for release in 2008.

"This digital archive is a first in the mass consumer magazine and men's category," says Hugh M. Hefner, Playboy Founder, Editor-in-Chief and Chief Creative Officer. "Playboy magazine has a tremendous legacy. With our loyal readership, which has always shown a real interest in our archival issues, we knew this would be the perfect opportunity to offer Playboy fans what they have wanted for years."

Each box set will include a DVD with all the issues from a decade of the magazine's history as well as a 200-page companion book with never-before-seen photographs and correspondences, a Playboy timeline and highlights of selected pages from the magazine. The box set will be packaged in an elegant slipcover and retail for $100.

Dear Santa. . .

UberZagFan
05-31-2007, 11:48 AM
which reminds me, a guy at our poker game last saturday was wearing a shirt that said "it ain't gonna suck itself"

uh, why would a guy wear that shirt to a poker party attended by only other males?

RenoZag
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
which reminds me, a guy at our poker game last saturday was wearing a shirt that said "it ain't gonna suck itself"

uh, why would a guy wear that shirt to a poker party attended by only other males?

Maybe he works for Hoover. . .

Bocco
06-01-2007, 02:21 PM

uh,,,,Why would someone play poker with I guy wearing that shirt????? Unless there is something about your poker games that is a lot different than the ones I'm familiar with.

lothar98zag
06-01-2007, 02:23 PM
uh,,,,Why would someone play poker with I guy wearing that shirt????? Unless there is something about your poker games that is a lot different than the ones I'm familiar with.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/Sein_ep415.jpg

TheBeast
06-01-2007, 11:29 PM
An instant must-have for collectors and pretty much everyone else
Fixed it.

RenoZag
06-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Rolling Stone (http://www.bondidigital.com/news/2007_0420.html)

The same publishing company is going to do the same with the first 40 years of Rolling Stone . . .

Dear Santa ( Part 2 ). . .

Bocco
06-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Rolling Stone (http://www.bondidigital.com/news/2007_0420.html)

The same publishing company is going to do the same with the first 40 years of Rolling Stone . . .

Dear Santa ( Part 2 ). . .

So which gift is Santa going to bring?

RenoZag
06-02-2007, 04:17 PM
He's a Baaaaaaaaaad Santa, so probably both :D

UberZagFan
06-04-2007, 03:35 PM
For only $100 bucks for the whole decade, Santa can bring me both.

lothar98zag
06-25-2007, 01:39 PM
another confusing ranking - why only 4-stars for this thread?

UberZagFan
06-25-2007, 02:01 PM
another confusing ranking - why only 4-stars for this thread?

Five now. And Uber agrees...out of all Foo threads this is the most Foo-ish, or Foo-like and deserves to be 5 stars from the get-go...In fact, the mods should be able to disclose all those posters who did not vote 5 stars for this thread and we should ban them from the Foo!!!

RenoZag
04-22-2008, 08:36 AM

Santa brought the Rolling Stone Archive on DVD. . .great fun !

The "stereo equipment" ads alone are a great stroll down memory lane. . .

Bocco
04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Uber's not been around much, nor has Lothar. Perhaps Santa brought them the Playboy boxed set

TexasZagFan
04-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Hef must be running low on cash...