PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Washington State...game predictions

Reborn
12-01-2009, 04:59 AM
Gonzaga 83
WSU......65

This will be a tough game. The Cougars have some good weapons. And I hear one real good one. The Cougs are a young and rising team. They are just not quite there yet. I think they're vulnerable down low in the box, and I just think they have a tough time defending the Zags. We show once again that this Zag team is for real, and that we ARE tough, especially at home.

Let's give Klay Thompson and the WSU Cougars a good old Zag welcoming, and show Coach Bones what he's in for whenever his Cougs come into the Kennel. I hope he will never forget this game.

The Zags have been away from home for a long time. The Zag fans give them a great welcoming back into the Kennel. And the Zags do not disappoint their fans with a great and beautiful show.

titopoet
12-01-2009, 06:09 AM
I think WSU will win the Pac-10 with a close win when they visit UW and a blowout when UW goes to Pullman. They have the best inside-outside combo in their league. The news in March will how big a surprise WSU is and what a disappointment UW turned out to be. Come March this maybe one of the bigger scalp on the Zags' belts. GU will have to attack from the start. It will be close until the end. Few will get the boys ready and final will be

GU 87
WSU 78

jpwils
12-01-2009, 06:09 AM
Zags will struggle but win this one by 5.

Tale of 2 halves again.

Sacre comes up big.

gamagin
12-01-2009, 06:21 AM
by a dozen or more.

GO Team Zags !

kitzbuel
12-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Oh please, please, please, please, please do not let Klay Thompson have a record setting three point shooting game!

:pray:

My heart can't stand watching opposing teams put on three point shooting exhibitions against GU.

GU by 8 after some work by Meech and Gray to cool off WSU shooters.

stevet75
12-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Zags struggle with the three, as usual, but Klay goes cold late in second half, after dealing with our constant defensive pressure. 68 - 63 Zags

NovaZag
12-01-2009, 07:09 AM
The free throw line will prove the decisive factor. WSU, outmatched in the post, will be forced to send Sacre and Harris to the stripe where the Zags are able to dig themselves out of an early deficit. Zags win 78-72.

U Zig, I Zag
12-01-2009, 07:40 AM
I see a repeat of this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcyVq5MSYzI&feature=PlayList&p=03F2C238C31075EA&index=5

It 'begins' at 2:10 and the WSU players and fans know its gonna get ugly at 2:30.

I think our horses run 'em out - the kids are gonna be pumped, the place is gonna be rocking.

HOOTER
12-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Close first half, Zag lead in the single digits.
Zags come out in the second on fire and never look back.

Gonzaga- 78
WSU- 62

LongIslandZagFan
12-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Zags are doomed.

ZagManFan
12-01-2009, 08:57 AM
All I know is I had so much fun screaming "up by 30" in Pullman last year I would like to do it again (although I will miss the 60 year old telling me to shut the f#@$ up). Ahhh, good times.

Zags my 39 :D

cjm720
12-01-2009, 09:46 AM
We dominate the game, but Cougs go on a roll at the end against our subs.

Zags 83
Cougs 70

Go Zags!!!!!!!

maynard g krebs
12-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Both coaches like to push it. Uptempo game. Competetive for a half, then Zags inside strength takes over. 84-75.

FieldHouseFishHouse
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Zags down 7 at the half, then reality sets in. The free throw and rebounding differentials will be enormous. KT will hit a couple bombs in the final minute to make it look closer than it is.
GU 75
WSU 68

alaskazagnut
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
92 to 80 in a fast paced, barnstormer.

MEZAG
12-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I predict Ken Bone doesn't have the same comments about this version of the Zags as he did last years version of the Zags:

"Baylor is much more athletic and longer," Portland State coach Ken Bone said, comparing Gonzaga and Baylor. "They had a post presence in Rogers and a few of those other kids. Gonzaga doesn't throw the ball in the paint very well and they didn't take advantage of our lack of height. Baylor exposed us in most any area that you can -- inside, outside, quickness."

Kiddwell
12-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Cougs score
Zags more

:]

<Charge up your calculators>

Nevtelen
12-01-2009, 11:13 PM
I predict that this game looks something like the Colorado game. It's ugly early and GU digs themselves into a hole. There's some surprise foul trouble (Sacre? Elias?), which hurts. The second half is about digging out. Klay is great and really gets his and then some, but the Cougs don't get much from anyone else. Halftime adjustments slow Thompson down a bit and the Zags go on to win a close one in the 80s.

jim77
12-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Klay comes up big again and GU has nobody that can cover him....WSU 79 GU 71.

Reborn
12-02-2009, 04:23 AM
I predict Ken Bone doesn't have the same comments about this version of the Zags as he did last years version of the Zags:

"Baylor is much more athletic and longer," Portland State coach Ken Bone said, comparing Gonzaga and Baylor. "They had a post presence in Rogers and a few of those other kids. Gonzaga doesn't throw the ball in the paint very well and they didn't take advantage of our lack of height. Baylor exposed us in most any area that you can -- inside, outside, quickness."

That was then, and this is NOW!!!!
Bone will see the ball in the low post this year. Will WSU be able to handle it this year better than PS did last year against Baylor? Look for Sacre and Harris to have fun tonight. And maybe a lot of fun.

Baldwinzag
12-02-2009, 05:42 AM
It'll be close.

WSU will double in the post and allow our Guards to take advantage. Bouldin and Gray will rise to the occasion and have big nights. Sacre will be held in check with 10 pts, Harris with 7 pts, yet Gray and Bouldin combine for 35 pts and lead us to victory over the Cougs. I think Klay Thompson does his thing, yet comes up short of his season average and scores 23 pts. He'll have a big night from 3pt but won't be able to dribble-drive much against our defense. I think Casto will step up for WSU and be a pleasant surprise with 14 pts in the paint and is able to draws fouls on Harris/Sacre(limiting their minutes). Overall, we'll be too strong on the boards and our guards will score with penetration and timely shooting throughout. It feels like the type ofgame where we're down by 3pts at halftime, yet comeback to win by 8 or so...

Zags 77
WSU 69

kyle dixon
12-02-2009, 05:50 AM
I know when Bennett bolted for Virginia, the coach the Cougs needed to hire was Bone from PSU. Bone is a great coach and in my opinion has drawn up a ton more interest in WSU basketball from fans with increasing the slow down/paint dry tempo from Bennett ball. In a short period of time after hire he brought in a quality point guard in Moore. This team will only get better as the season progresses and Klay is the real deal and Casto brings a ton of energy and effort to both ends of the floor.

Tonight's game is a rivalry game and will be a great one. I have spoken to some Coug supporters and they think that the Coug guards can keep up with the Zag guards but the real match-up problem is the 4 and 5 positions to the Zags. In a close one, I say the Zags by 6 with Harris leading the way....

FuManShoes
12-02-2009, 07:21 AM
This WSU squad, with Klay as the focal point of the offense, seems a whole lot more reminiscent of the Morrison-era Zags than the Bennett boys and the new hard-nose, defensive-minded Zags almost appear reminiscent of a WSU team with a "challenge any and all shots" approach. Of course the Zags have always pushed the tempo, so it will be intetersting to see how WSU keeps up since they now fancy themselves an offensive juggernaut. All I know is that for as good as Adam was, that team was always walking a tightrope. I prefer balanced teams to ones sorting superstars. My money is on Gray and the gang limiting Klay to 18 pts and coming away with an 86-72 win.

Go Zags!

cbbfanatic
12-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Zags win, but I think there is good value in the coogs as 12.5 pt dogs

Just_An_Old_Zag
12-02-2009, 09:41 AM
ESPN Insider ACCUSCORE (a simulation of 10,000 games) has GU winning
76.8 to 61.3

unlike Maui there is no pig in the ground but the beer is on ice and I am ready for some BASKETBALL

DixieZag
12-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Nothing like a cat cornered by dogs, cat will die, but dogs will get bloodied and some will be licking wounds.

Zags 78
Cougs 72

SWZag
12-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Gonzaga 87
Wazzu 61

KlayT is held to 13 points!

SWZag

lothar98zag
12-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I see a repeat of this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcyVq5MSYzI&feature=PlayList&p=03F2C238C31075EA&index=5

It 'begins' at 2:10 and the WSU players and fans know its gonna get ugly at 2:30.

I think our horses run 'em out - the kids are gonna be pumped, the place is gonna be rocking.
I don't expect it, but something like this at some point tonight would be nice:

"The Run" from GU-wsu 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCcDE5xUouk

Reborn
12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Hey Lothar, Good seeing you again. It's been a long time. It's about time!

007Zag
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
GU 73- WSU 64.

It's gonna be close.

primal23
12-02-2009, 11:15 AM
GU - 74
WSU 72

Close game throughout, GU trails big in first half, uses a big and late 2nd half comeback to win.

lothar98zag
12-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Hey Lothar, Good seeing you again. It's been a long time. It's about time!
thanks rb. meant to come back b4 the 1st game, but obviously didn't. this board is now doomed.

Reborn
12-02-2009, 01:22 PM
For me, this board is not complete without Lothar, who first educated me about cowbells, and to learn to laugh at myself and not take it all too seriously, as I CAN do from time to time. :D I have made soooooooo many mistakes on this board. I remember calling Lothar, Luther. :lmao: Lothar makes me remember my past here on the GUBoard and how "in the beginning" I used to post so much that some bloggers actually thought I was hiring people to help me post. Some thought I was trying to break the record to 1000 posts. I wasn't trying but I still may have broken the record. But most of this was on the OTHER board connected to Scout.com. That was before BZ et al started this board.

One of my best memories is when I said Gonzaga was an ELITE program (I was so tired of being called a mid-major). My God, I had no idea how that word (elite) could create a riot. I felt like I was being tried for heresy. Some of you think my posts are long now? You should have seem them back then. Each post was like a chapter of a book. I had a lot of energy back then. Anyway, before I get accused of being winded, I'll just say that it's good to see you back, Luther. :D

kitzbuel
12-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Oh please, please, please, please, please do not let Klay Thompson have a record setting three point shooting game!

My heart can't stand watching opposing teams put on three point shooting exhibitions against GU.

I'd have been right if Thames hadn't hit an uncontested three at the buzzer.

ID ZAGFAN
12-04-2009, 02:06 PM

At least you got your first wish! Mine, too. Stephen Curry and Patty Mills gave me nightmares!:D