PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few Show Notes

Section 116
11-30-2009, 07:00 PM
For those of you unable to watch the Mark Few I sat down with pen and paper and tried to get something of each subject discussed. Heister first asked about the Maui Classic and Few said it was a great week of basketball. We faced three different styles of basketball and our guys responded well. The Wisconsin game we ran an efficient offense, the Colorado game we stayed with the plan and Cincinnati game was just a tough battle. We showed more character in Maui than we did at Mich. St. That being said it's only November. Few applauded the Maui folks for choosing Gray and Bouldin co-MVP's. When you look up at the names on the banner of past MVP's most all of those guys had time in the NBA. Regarding Thanksgiving Few said he is thanful for his job, family and friends and the players should be thankful for the opportunity to play D-1 basketball for this team in this town.

Looking the past he said Casey Calvary is easily one of the all time great Zags. Considering where the program was when he got here and where it was when he left, he left his mark. One of the all time tough guys passed the torch to Violette who in turn passed it on. And Casey is witty and funny off the court.

Giacoletti and Lloyd discussed current big men. Ray G. said Sacre worked hard on his body off season and worked hard on his left hand. Does a great job of communicating on the floor. Rebound and scores at a high level. Good listener and great future. Reminds Tommy L. of Ronny with his motiviation. Olynk very mature, really smart and skilled. Dower can really score, needs to work on strength. Making sure he eats well and gets proper number of reps in the weight room.

Alan in Seattle had fan question of week regarding WCC and number of teams in NCAA's. Few said he never thinks the league would get more than three as 4 would be half the league. Everyone in the league this year is a year older except for us and maybe St. Mary's. Regarding scheduling he said some teams like to accrue as many wins as possible pre-league, other schedule tough.

Steven Gray interview: My game is solid and responding to Heister's question regarding being able to take over the program he said he is ready and willing to try. I'll try to do it in my own way as have all the guards who have come through. Said he and Matt are trying to get this young team to try and understand what the Zags are trying to do. Regarding what he did this summer he laughed and said nothing. Went to Silverwood once (a local amusement park) and the Gorge once (an outdoor concert venue). Worked on my game the rest of the time, but not my shot so much. more ball handling. He said his hair is untouched by stylist or razor. Feels if he cuts his hair, he needs to shave or vice versa. When Ira left he lost his barber and he's not letting Rob near his hair. Feels this team has something to prove and plays with a chip on it's shoulder. We're gonna play hard.

Few on Steven, the sky is the limit, he can really shoot, tremendous defender, good passer and rebounder, a complete guard, he really bought into the program.

Regarding WSU and Wake Forest: Huge week coming up, gonna be tough, Cougs off to a great start and Bone is a great coach. Wake has tremendous athleticism and size. And national game on ESPN2.

I think I got some of most everything they talked about.

FuManShoes
11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks! It would be great if someone could record the show, or the audio. Not sure on rules about that. But absent that, these recaps are greatly appreciated!

MickMick
11-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Much appreciated Section. I believe I can speak for many of us that we are extremely grateful for the effort taken to provide a positive contribution like this.

rijman
11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the recap. I look forward to seeing the show Tuesday 7 PM on Dish Network FOXNW channel 426.

ronh_pm
11-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Nicely done! We dont have access to most of these programs up in Canada so any info is good info

thanks

MBZags
11-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks! It would be great if someone could record the show, or the audio. Not sure on rules about that. But absent that, these recaps are greatly appreciated!

I can try recording the audio for next week, as long as it's OK.

TexasZagFan
12-01-2009, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the recap. I look forward to seeing the show Tuesday 7 PM on Dish Network FOXNW channel 426.

I love my AT&T U-Verse. I simply hit the "record series" box, and I'm good to go!