PDA

View Full Version : Ronny Turiaf interview after the Sonics/Lakers game

TR11Zag
04-15-2007, 08:08 PM
After the game FSN's Brian Davis interviewed Ronny introduceing him as former Gonzaga star Ronny Turiaf. He then asked him many questions about Kobe.

After the interview, Ronny started yelling: "SPOKANE BABY! 509 FOR LIFE!"

It was priceless.

Former Zags are awesome.

brasszag
04-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Former Zags are awesome.

What's this "former"... once a Zag, always a Zag.

:)

ZagNative
04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
After the game FSN's Brian Davis interviewed Ronny introduceing him as former Gonzaga star Ronny Turiaf. He then asked him many questions about Kobe.

After the interview, Ronny started yelling: "SPOKANE BABY! 509 FOR LIFE!"

It was priceless.

Former Zags are awesome.

Get out of here! That guy is way too much! I wish there was some video out there of that!

TheZagPhish
04-15-2007, 11:54 PM
I wish there was some video out there of that!

If there is video available I haven't found it. Still hunting. In rooting around though, I came across this article from The Daily Titan: "And One... (http://media.www.dailytitan.com/media/storage/paper861/news/2007/04/09/Sports/.and-One-2829820.shtml)" Nice stuff.

Apologies if previously posted. :)

Zagpower
04-16-2007, 07:10 AM
After the game, there was a special on the Laker players and their tats. Ronny has several letters on his back that represented his college teammates. Did anyone know about these? The guy is just awesome!

D Hark 2003
04-16-2007, 02:39 PM
I have always been a huge sonics fan and hated the lakers, especially Kobe Bryant, but how can i still hate em with Ronny on the team. I have to admit that i will be cheering on the Lakers in the playoffs this year.

ZagNut08
04-17-2007, 02:13 AM
gotta love this quote from Ronny about the Lakers:

"We have the pasta, the marinara sauce and the chicken and Parmesan cheese. A great dish." And who represents which food group in this (hopefully) winning Laker meal? "I am the marinara sauce, trying to make everybody feel good and everybody be on the same page. Kobe's the carbs. Lamar's the chicken. And Kwame is the cheese, which makes you feel good on defense. We're ready to cook. And we have a good cook, Phil Jackson. He's been doing good dishes for a long time."

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2007/04/by_now_style_po.html#more

hopefuly ronny has a good series, likely against amare and the suns. May be difficult for him to stay out of foul trouble though.

Will be ineresting to see what teams will be showing interest in him after this season...I am guessing the lakers will lock him up with a solid contract

Rubbadub
04-17-2007, 06:48 AM
If the Lakers want to get to the finals, they would most likely have to beat the Suns, Spurs, and Mavericks in that order...I wish them luck :D

Godzilla
04-17-2007, 12:54 PM
That sounds great! Wish that I could of seen that.

zagirl2k
04-17-2007, 04:04 PM
gotta love this quote from Ronny about the Lakers:

"We have the pasta, the marinara sauce and the chicken and Parmesan cheese. A great dish." And who represents which food group in this (hopefully) winning Laker meal? "I am the marinara sauce, trying to make everybody feel good and everybody be on the same page. Kobe's the carbs. Lamar's the chicken. And Kwame is the cheese, which makes you feel good on defense. We're ready to cook. And we have a good cook, Phil Jackson. He's been doing good dishes for a long time."

But who is the Ranch dressing?

GonzagaGurl08
04-21-2007, 05:57 AM
zagirl2k- I was just thinking that. For those of you that didn't get that reference, there is an episode of The Season, where the team is having spaghetti dinner at coach Few's house and Ronny among others puts Ranch dressing on his spaghetti. It was great.