PDA

View Full Version : Rob Sacre in Slam

jigga5
04-14-2007, 09:35 PM
There is a rumor I herd that he is in the newest edition, in the punks section. I have not read it though...

TrueLiz
04-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Rumor is correct. Page 125 of June 2007 issue (Amare, Nash & Marion on the cover).

The story almost reads like a fairy tale: Two LSU athletes, football player Greg LaFluer and basketballer Leslie Sacre, meet on campus a generation ago. Fast forward to 2005, when their 7-0, 250-pound basketball prodigy son is college bound. It seemed obvious that he'd commit to Mom's and Pop's alma mater, but Rob Sacre is writing his own store. After a high school career as Canada's most highly touted big man, the North Vancouver native surprised many when he committed to Gonzaga as a junior.

I did want to go to LSU, but when I saw the [Gonzaga] campus and scrimmaged with the guys, [they] were great," he recalls. "It had every single thing I wanted - except for football. I'm still happy with my decision."

Some unexpected twists have been thrown ino the script recently. The February drug arrests of 'Zags Josh Heytvelt and Theo Davis have left the team's outlook in limbo. Sacre says no matter how things unfold, he'll be ready to contribute in the fall. "I just want to focus on working on my game so when that time comes and I do need to step on to the floor, I'm ready to play. I'm ready to take whatever Josh or Theo had. I can take that on my shoulders."

It may be the best chapter yet.

-Chris O'Leary

ZagNative
04-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Says up top, "200 days til November 1st, 2007."

This is going to be fun.

soonerterp
04-15-2007, 08:07 AM
I picked up that issue earlier this week and was going to post that but I've been busy. :( It was a nice little read.