• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

ESPN/USAToday Coaches' Poll

Up to 28.

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • ZagLawGrad
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2008

Big wins and small jumps in the polls would be fine with me. High rankings in the early parts of the season have not always been kind to the Zags.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

" Just win baby"........Al Davis..

The Polls will take care of themselves...and really...do they matter...? The NCAA Tourney will decide things in March..

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Polls are just fun, nothing else. 28th seems right.

Cal did lose both games at MSG, though. But Cal is shown with one loss.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Colbyspapa
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Jan 2008

great jump

In this poll, I think we jumped 8 spots so I'll take it all day. BTW, I think polls are important in the grand scheme of recruiting, publicity, revenue and exposure for the program and the school. If you are in the top 25, you are on SportsCenter. It makes a difference. That being said, polls, as we know mean nothing when it comes to seeding for the tourney.

Comment

• tobizag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

New AP Poll: #26

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.
            sigpic

GU Class of '07

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
              Administrator
              • Apr 2009

At least the Maui Invitational now boasts some ranked teams for the Zags to play.
              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• d2zag
                Kennel Club Material
                • Oct 2009

I love that we're flying under the radar still! The fact that Vanderbilt and Maryland are ranked in the top 25 is great, because which ever one of those teams we beat in Maui is gonna look great on our resume.
                In Few We Trust.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                  At least the Maui Invitational now boasts some ranked teams for the Zags to play.
                  I think its best to be the underdog. It will make us play with more focus. Maybe even with a little chip on our shoulders...

Congrats to the Zags for moving up. That's the direction we want to be heading for...all year.
                  Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• dim4sum
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2007

About right.

I think the polls are about right. Great teams don't win big games with under ten assists a game. Colorado out asssisted the Zags, 15-9. First time I can remember a Zag team with assists in the single digits. Share the ball, guys.

Comment

• krozman
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2008

For Gonzaga, they traditionally do well to enter a top 25 ranking during the non conference season, then slowly rise to the top 15 during conference play (via others above losing). Then we get a 7 seed. Wait, i'm doing it wrong.
                      Krozman
                      GU student 1996-2000
                      Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• UberZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

It looks like GU remains the best unranked team in the country.
                        If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

Working...
                        X