PDA

View Full Version : He will be tough to get but the Zags will try

BobZag
04-14-2007, 09:14 AM
A classically feisty floor general, Jordan Theodore is a mainstay on the Nike circuit. That isn't a problem. Playing for the fabled New York Gauchos -- a program that can claim Stephon Marbury, among many others -- Theodore plans to attend both Nike skills sessions in July.

His June and July schedule notwithstanding, Theodore already has established himself as one of the best floor generals in the Class of 2008. He's very quick and tough, and his crossover and passing ability is at the level one would expect for an elite point guard from his area.

In terms of schools, Theodore has "the whole Big East." That's no surprise, but some nationals have popped in as well.

"Memphis, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Marquette, Gonzaga and some more are my offers," Theodore said. "St. John's and Cincinnati are after me hard too."

Kansas has expressed interest for several months as well. While the Jayhawks remain more in evaluation mode than some of Theodore's suitors, he appreciates the interest and continues to remain open.

"Oh, Kansas is still calling," Theodore said. "Definitely."

While the lure of the Big East ultimately may prove to be too difficult to overcome, Theodore said that isn't necessarily the case. He wants to go to a "very strong program" and to have a chance to develop in order to continue his career at the professional level.

theothegreat21
04-14-2007, 10:03 AM
So Bob would you still consider Gonzaga one of the frontrunners to get Jordan. I still feel if we can get a visit from him then we have a real chance of getting him. He seems to be a real special player.

BobZag
04-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Barring changes, he and his mom will visit Gonzaga next fall. We'll see what happens then. GU is the farthest away. Sometimes that's a plus, but most times it makes it tougher. But a visit could seal the deal. Yes, I feel GU is in the lead but just barely. So many things are happening with recruiting right now, a lot could change at anytime.

Stay tuned.

spudzag
04-14-2007, 11:12 AM
If I remeber correctly JT had GU in his top 3 allow ith Mephis and Marquette. Last time I checked he didn't have an offer from Mephis.

But as has been said may times, should still be said again, things can change. I certainly hope they don't. JT could keep or extend the level of the program. It also appears that he would have a better opportunity to develop and be in the spotlight hear than most of his other choices.

Will keep my fingers crossed.:)

pbriz
04-14-2007, 04:40 PM
was this a summary of the scout.com article, i dont have a membership but could someone summarize it?

J-Mac Zag Forever
04-14-2007, 05:26 PM
The players roster for 2008 is up on the Zags web. Austins
last name is also spelled wrong.

ZagNative
04-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Phognet (http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=172&FIX=1#S=172&F=2481) (the Kansas board) has the Jordan Theodore Scout article (http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=172&FIX=1#S=172&F=2481&T=401184) "pinned" to the top of their bb discussion board right now. :argh:

There was also discussion on Phognet yesterday about Rotnei Clark, who it turns out Kansas has offered.

Is Bill Self stalking Mark Few? Do we have to send the guy out recruiting with a paper bag over his head?