PDA

View Full Version : Honest observations about our team in this game thus far

thespywhozaggedme
11-17-2009, 05:06 PM
1. Rob is much more skilled offensively than he use to be
2. Elias Harris is a godsend; his offensive moves are almost as developed JP, but unlike JP, Elias can jump higher than a phone book
3. Steven is making a much more concerted effort to take it to the rack this season
4. GJ is better than Meech
5. Will is playing so much better than he use to; he looks like he really belongs
6. Manny is nervous and wide eyed
7. Kelly is playing like a fearless seasoned vet
8. I thought 6 and 7 would be opposite

IODubyaA
11-17-2009, 05:13 PM
I agree with all of that except GJ being better than Meech. I just do not see that at all.

KSTATEZAG
11-17-2009, 05:13 PM
1. Rob is much more skilled offensively than he use to be
2. Elias Harris is a godsend; his offensive moves are almost as developed JP, but unlike JP, Elias can jump higher than a phone book
3. Steven is making a much more concerted effort to take it to the rack this season
4. GJ is better than Meech
5. Will is playing so much better than he use to; he looks like he really belongs
6. Manny is nervous and wide eyed
7. Kelly is playing like a fearless seasoned vet
8. I thought 6 and 7 would be opposite

Agree, except for GJ over Meech. Meech's defense is a huge part of the success tonight thus far.

GolfZag
11-17-2009, 05:23 PM
I agree with all of that except GJ being better than Meech. I just do not see that at all.

Totally agree

Stache
11-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Matt pressing. If we could hit some jumpers - look out!

RenoZag
11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
They make mistakes but they don't stop trying

Stache
11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Need sg and mb in final 10 mins.

ZagLawGrad
11-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Rob very impressive, Matt needs to watch ball control at end of game, Harris has talent but also a ways to go, Will played well---overall a good showing by the Zags

adoptedzag
11-17-2009, 06:43 PM
<stream of conciousness...>

I loved our intensity, Rob looked great, Meech did well on defense but needs to step up offensively. 0 points won't cut it in big games. Foster finally looks like he deserves to be out there. Manny looked like a freshman. Kelly. Wow, Kelly. Great effort. Steven and Matt had good games. They needed to be outstanding tonight. GJ looks like he might contend for the starting job at the end of the year or at least split more time with Meech. Whenever they flashed to the highlights from the Maui game, I kept thinking that we needed what we had that season, one more Adam Morrison than the other team had. Most importantly, I LOVED our coaching, clock management and intensity at the end of the game, save one small hesitation from Gray, but he made up for it by pulling the trigger quickly and decisively right after that.

</stream of conciousness>

JohnOGU
11-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Meech had a very off night... Everyone else played very well for the most part. Elias...i cant even believe this guy. God i hope he meant what he said about staying until he receives his degree. Rob, cant say enough about how much he has improved. Amazing. Tons of room for improvement, which is the best part. GO ZAGS.

memorial80
11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Meech is a very good player and we need him... He is a better defender than GJ but that is where it stops. I think the staff is starting to recognize that also.

TacomaZAG
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
tonight is how precious each of their 5 fouls are. State made their runs when one or both of them were on the bench due to foul trouble. We absolutely killed them starting 5 vs. starting 5. Will played well in relief and Kelly really stepped up in the paint to relieve Rob and Elias.

This was a great test and we passed with flying colors. To have a chance to win it in the last 1:30 is incredible. What a huge learning experience for the team.

Go ZAGS

Bouldin4Prez
11-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I feel if Gray had found his rhythm from the outside we would have won that game. Not to blame the officiating crew, but they did make some critical calls against us (that's expected on the road get ready for 2 years from now) that swung the game. To take Meech's side, neither guard was productive for us on the floor but to their defense we might have played the best defensive guards in the country tonight. Overall I was very pleased with the quick hands of all the players on defense and their ability to crash the boards.

Go Zags!

Ezag
11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I agree with the above assessment and also that Meech/GJ was awash. Both played ok, distributed the ball and didn't turn over the ball. I didnt think one was better than the other

ZagDaddy
11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I don't know that G.J. was better but he was very, very solid. It was overlooked by the announcers but he played a lot of minutes and the team didn't miss a beat.

This team has lots of interchangeable parts. I was surprised to see Few go as deep as he did down the bench. That is very encouraging IMO.

Sacre is a load and just moved players around with ease. Offensively, he is very improved.

For me, the difference was play in the last 5 minutes of both halves. If we had made better decisions at the end of the first we could have been up by 18 but we settled for lots of jumpers. At the end of the 2nd it was time for Matt to will this one into a W.

Obviously a tremendous effort by all. If I'm Few I'm very happy with the effort all around. This is going to be a fun year!:D

gamagin
11-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I believe we dictated our own game and our own fate. This against the #2 team in the nation. Well Done.

Had Sacre & Harris not gotten, or committed a few cheap fouls, it could have easily gone the other way.

It came down to a few good (and one lucky,off balance) shots and a few bad bounces or we could have gotten a W. the odds were MSU by 11. Instead we led maybe 35 of the 40 minutes. We dominated the first 2/3rds of the first half and led most of the second.

We were in it all the way. We took the last two shots.

We had every opportunity to win. We took charge in a hostile environment. We nearly won. We outrebounded them. We executed. We excelled. What else can we hope for ?

The ball didn't bounce our way. That's the way it goes sometimes. We left it all on the floor.

But what a game ! What a team !

Go TEAM Zags ! ! !

FuManShoes
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
I praised the team in another thread and meant every word, but this one is titled honest observations and my honest observation is we are tough as nails but can't shoot -- or couldn't tonight. The Zag guards were 9-36. That won't cut it. That's not Zag ball. I have no idea why Steven's threes aren't falling anymore. Maybe it's he's not squaring up. Maybe he's using too much arc. All I know is his stroke looks beautiful from the waist up but both he and Bouldin were cold as ice. Matt needs to protect the damn ball or give it up to a PG who will. You can't make those turnovers down the stretch. Meech needs to at least attempt some perimeter shots or no one will take him seriously and will sag, making those interior passes disappear. He worked on his shooting so let's see it.

Defense and TOUGHNESS kept this game close and gave GU a chance and you saw it in some unexpected places (see: Kelly). It was gratifying to see everyone getting after it. Hopefully the shots and playmaking will come but it appears Few already has these guys buying into the idea that they must work for it. Finesse teams don't win in March and the Zags just pushed around a team that rarely gets pushed around. Loved it. :D

MickMick
11-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Heck....most of us thought this team would lose by a more. A lot more.

After watching a few games thus far, the Zags can hang with anybody.

Does anyone think the Zags are anywhere near their ceiling?

Stop and think about what you just saw. A young team with few combined D1 minutes goes into the arena of the #2 ranked team, fresh off of playing in the national championship game, a place where MSU has won 40 consecutive OOC contests, the Zags lead for the majority of the game, and give the Spartans a complete handful.

But more than the win or loss, it is what we actually saw on the court. A team that had composure, poise, and tenacity in a hostile environment on national television. This team is going to get much, much better.

Can we not over analyze the players or point out their mistakes in such an early game?

With respect to Meech, you do realize he was defending a pre season All-American and a favorite for National Player of the Year. Meech defended Lucas very well. Do you suggest we give that up for a couple of more baskets? As far as I'm concerned, that is one crazy idea

vandalzag
11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Best thing about Sacre was poise with the ball. Looked very comfortable with the ball on the block (have not seen that since JP), this combined with the strength will be a major factor.
The guard play will sort itself out, Bouldin/Gray will have to facilitate for each other. I like Gray's aggression, shots just were not falling. If either of them hits their avg fg % tonight they walk away with a win.
The people that were saying that Meech is an upgrade from Pargo can stop right now. Pargo never played 27 minutes in a game without scoring and only 1 assist.His defense was not even that good, Lucas pretty much got his shot when he wanted (19 points). Most of all Meech will have to find his niche in this offense, he has to present some type of threat to score or Gray/Bouldin will not have open lanes to the hoop. GJ played almost as much as Meed did in the 2nd half. PG is really a work in progress on this team.
Harris plays like a 3rd year player, there will be no answer for him in the WCC.
KO played well, he played aggressive and filled a niche against much stronger players. Not afraid to shoot either.
Foster played well, but got into trouble dropping his hands on Defense again.
I think it is safe to do away with the Manny-Dwayne Wade comparisons. He looks overwhelmed.
Other than the losss, a great game for the boys. This team will grow and if everybody stays healthy will have the chance to do some damage in March.

seasontixholder
11-17-2009, 07:24 PM
We were really holding our own fairly late with Olynyk and Vilarino on the floor at the same time. GJ went out because he needed a breather and Olynyk fouled out, and then the offense relatively stagnated. Those two freshmen see the floor well and move the ball purposely. GJ gets the team into a half-court rhythm and flow better, especially early on in the posession. He has more of a calming influence, and there is less raggedness. More of a natural 1. Meech's strengths are in all of the other phases of the game.

As noted earlier this year, our outside shooting percentage against elite teams will not be a plus. Their guards made a ton of plays, and was the only way they beat us.

Steven's overall game was a big plus.

75Zag
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Congrats to the team and staff. A very good effort. More lessons ahead and more coaching required, but this was very enjoyable and, since GU kept MSU from covering the point spread, this was also a bit profitable!

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Larrylegend
11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
First game I've seen the Zags play this year. Holy smokes am I a beleiver in this team!

* This is a tough Zag team; I mean pushing MSU around!
* The inside game is going to be a strength; MSU had no answer for Sacre and Harris the first 15 minutes
* Sacre's jump is more than I imagined possible
* Harris is the real deal
* Don't you wish Foster had redshirted?!?!
* Olynk has a HUGE upside
* Few is going to need to earn his money with offensively challenged point guards
* What's up with Gray's shooting?

This is a game the Zags will win come March.

NotoriousZ
11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Harris and Sacre owned it out there. Imagine if Rob had more time on the court. He had 17 points and 4 rebound in 19 minutes. When he got that second foul called on him and had to sit out the last 10 minutes of the first half, Michigan State got back in the game. We were just killing them until that happened. I was screaming at the t.v. because I knew Sacre had to sit down. The sad part was that the foul could have been called on Kelly. "Raise your hand, Kelly," I yelled, maybe adding a curse word in there.

All in all though, great game. Me thinks we're ranked next week.

Reborn
11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
If we hit the two free throws that we missed (one by Elias and one by Meech) the game is tied at 73 with 50 seconds left.

Overall, though, we shot great from the line and only missed 4. But darn it, Free throws win or lose games this close. They made 5 more free throws.

Rebounding was real good.

Sacre really needs to work on defense. He played very poor defense all night. The coaches have their work cut out. Both Sacre and Harris make stupid fouls because they are not in the correct position. Sacre did get hosed on two very bad calls though. The one where he picked up his 2nd foul it was clearly Olynyk who fouled the guy, and I felt Sacre definately picked up the charge. If Sacre had not been in foul trouble we would have won this game. He only played 19 minutes ad gets 17 points. They had no one who coud stop him. Rob just needs to play smarter on D. We need him on the floor more.

Mantua
11-17-2009, 07:45 PM
On the road with a steep learning curve ahead for the frosh, the Zags played extremely well. I noticed over and over that they need to block out on offense and follow shots, (which KO did very well on one spectacular play!)

ronh_pm
11-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I thought things went as about they should.

Our bigs were good against a bit of banged up MSU team. I was thinking that with four of them (Sacre, Harris, Foster and Olynyk) that fouls would not be an issue but did not count on the poor fouls they took. The thing I liked most was that the bigs were good at both ends of the court.

With both Bouldin and Gray struggling with their shots it would have been nice to have a wing (did we take a shot from the wing?) to kick it out to as the perimeter scoring was just not there. On the other hand they, as well as the 3 man were generally stong in thier own end of the court.

As GU was outscored 28- 8 in bench points I would be very surprised if we do not see Mr. Kong in the near future. I'm guessing it is his commitment on defence that has him on the outside looking in right now but he is a scorer, and when your outside guys shoot 9-37 and 4-18 from three, something is bound to change.

I would say without hesitation that the Zags will be a ranked team at this time next week.

Baldwinzag
11-17-2009, 07:50 PM
I hope the poor/ticky-tack officiating doesn't affect our post defense overall. I love the physical play and aggresiveness underneath the hoop this season. They made some really shotty foul calls on Sacre, Foster & Elias. While I agree they should work on their positioning, they shouldn't change their intensity and toughness.

IODubyaA
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Put Gibbs in for a different option shooting outside... I am saying this with a little bit of bias but I completely understand him not playing with the athleticism of MSU. I just don't think it would hurt to give him a look.

john montana
11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
A couple of thoughts...this team is EASY to love. They just play so hard. Coach Few did a fantastic job managing minutes/fouls etc. My only gripe against the coaching was the move back to Meech late in the game. GJ was distributing the ball well, and most importantly he is a threat offensively. I think it hurt us with GJ on the bench down the stretch, we could have used him to at least keep MSU honest on the perimeter.

Lastly, after the last game someone posted about how Kelly O should have redshirted, deer in the headlights type of post...all I can say is wow. That kid is tough as nails. He's smart too. Watch out for Kelly O in a year or two.

mgadfly
11-17-2009, 08:03 PM
The positives:

Gritty, tough, physical team with size and determination to pound the ball inside. We've missed that since the days of Gourde, Violette, Turiaf, and Batista. The starting five are very good.

The negatives for me:

Lack of depth. I like KO and Foster a ton. Foster changes games with his height alone, and this year he has moved his feet a lot better. Plus, he moves in transition extremely well for someone his size (he gets back on D). KO is skilled and plays with energy. He has huge long term upside (gain a little muscle over the next season or two please)... BUT they are not close to the same level of play at this point as Harris or Sacre. If Sacre gets injured we just won't be the same team with one of the reserves on the court. Same goes for Harris. We have great depth, but not starting quality depth.

LynetteG
11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Sacre is yummy!

i love you repeating this! +1

TM27
11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
My thoughts....

Watching without a pause button...but at full speed it appeared the offensive sets are a very simplified version of those in the past (to be expected with so many new faces but the motion can do a lot more than we saw tonight). I expect as the understanding of the offense improves so will the likelihood of Grey and Matt getting open looks....which will make Sacre and Harris all the more effective. Obviously the goal was to get it to the post players tonight. I thought that Steven and Matt were actually effecient considering that many times they were forced to drive into a packed key. They were able to kick, draw fouls, or hit a shot in very small spaces. This team "could" become unstopable (more so than any GU team I can remember) once all Few's sets are implemented. Meech must become more of a threat or he will quickly become an offensive liability...I believe he will as the bigs start to kick it out more. I would think others have now taken notice and double teams galore is coming soon. If the bigs can show off their passing skills and if Matty, Steven, and Meech hit their outside shots, they will become the unstopable O I speak of above.

Our D is fantastic. And the closest thing to the fire GU was built on since...well since those early teams. I was most impressed with Steven's urgency on both sides of the ball. I think it goes without saying that this was his best OVERALL game of his career. The shots will fall for this kid but if he can be the leader on D like he was tonight, and attack on O the zags may go further than any team before them. I cannot believe the maturity of this team...wow! It was a heavy weight fight back and forth...between veterens and rookies.

FieldHouseFishHouse
11-17-2009, 08:45 PM
1. Sacre and Harris have everything that Heytvelt didn't as far as inside game goes.
2. The above 2 will give Violette and Turiaf a run as the best Zag front line ever. That will probably happen next year though.
3. Meech played good defense. He needs to learn to draw help and dish the ball. With his speed, he draws the attention of 2-3 guys every time he streaks across half court. If he can't finish at the basket or pull up, he needs to dime somebody. Take a lesson from MB.
4. One thing that won't show up in the box score is how many times Meech got in the Spartan's face. He WILL NOT back down to ANYONE. This team is tough, and he may be the toughest of them all. With this in mind, I give him the starting job hands down.
5. KO could be in the NBA in a few years. 6-11 frame with those skills and a nose for the ball? He needs 20-30 lbs over the next 3-4 years, but the potential is there. How many 6-11 guys do you see with his shooting touch, soft hands, mobility and basketball IQ?
6. Foster....Finally
7. I have never seen Bouldin miss so many shots so badly. He really looked bad, really. He stroked a couple, but he needs to avoid forcing the issue. That is not his game at all. On the other hand, he needs to step up when its crunchtime. I though he may have passed up some jump shots in the final 2 minutes that he should have taken, the top of the key/free throw line is a good spot for him. If MB is open there, he should fire it up.
8. Gray will be next year's Bouldin. He missed some shots, but the ball was in his hands on important possessions. And he attacked the basket well. I have a lingering doubt about his ability to take more athletic defenders off the bounce. Not sure about his quickness either, maybe fatigue was a factor.
9. Arop...invisible
10. I am proud of this team. The better team won, we didn't get screwed. This is an extremely valuable experience for the newcomers. The Zags play alot of neutral site games. I think it is important to play in a hostile environment. Come tourney time, that's where you might end up (not exactly at your opponents home court, but remember Davidson?).
11. My compliments to MSU. The entire team is quick, athletic, skilled at shooting and handling the basketball and slashing to the basket. Even the 280 lb dough boys underneath were surprisingly mobile.
12. We are rebuilding AND reloading. The future is both now AND the next 2 years. This should be fun for a while.

mgadfly
11-17-2009, 09:46 PM
1. Sacre and Harris have everything that Heytvelt didn't as far as inside game goes.

9. Arop...invisible

I really like what Sacre and Harris bring, but it is too bad we had Heytvelt/Daye last year and Sacre/Harris this year. Heytvelt at the 4 with his shooting ability operating at the high post and working the pick and pop, opening up the inside for Sacre would have been awesome. Harris weakside rebounding on clearouts/isolations for Daye would have been awesome. We have the muscle this year, but I think at some point we will miss the defensive shot blocking ability and the ability to force other teams' big men to the perimeter.

In one minute of play Arop was burnt by his man on a drive to the hoop and made one aggressive play for a rebound/loose ball. I don't think Arop was invisible so much as the camera didn't pan to the bench enough for us to get a good look at him.

ZagsGoZags
11-17-2009, 10:41 PM
gamagin said GU outrebounded them

Spartans 43 rebounds, zags 30

Hoopaholic
11-18-2009, 06:37 AM
thought the team "opened" some eyes across the country last night. The team has the composite makeup to be a very good team. The difference between a win and a loss last night for me came down to three things:
1. in experience/youthfulness which played into
2. unorganized set offensive plays last 3 minutes of the game
3. Bigs playing smarter (less fouls)

we will get better with 1 and 2 thus the reason the future, starting Friday night is bright........

Personally I thought the swing of the game came at about the 15 minute mark in the second half. Sacre picked up 3rd foul and was sent to the bench. We had answered the initial MSU second half response and pushed the lead from 5 to 9 at 43-34 when Sacre picked up his 3rd.

Big MO started changing seriously at this point in my opinion, which allowed the fans to get back into the game and increased the MSU players confidence. Olynk fouled, harris missed 2 realtively easy shots, we gave up an offensive rebound, harris had a turnover, MSU got a steal and suddenly the game was 45-42 forcing Sacre to come back in. 8-2 run by MSU.

Those 4 minutes to me swung the game around.

Then if you notice, Sacre had to play little tenative on the offensive end. If you TIVO the game and review it from this point on, you will find that Sacre/Harris were no longer posting up at the block or adjacent to the paint. Suddenly they are allowing MSU players to push them out 2-3 feet from the block area when they were getting the basketball. I thought this was a CRITICAL component of MSU success and our demise in the offensive set. I attributed this to two factors: our bigs in foul trouble so they didnt want to be as aggressive and it was VERY apparent to me that IZZO challenged his big's to be more physical and not give up the block.

This was HUGE. It created two issues: our post players catching the ball outside their comfort zone, thus their offensive abilities were limited and secondly this clogs some of the driving lanes that our guards like to exploit as our bigs were now standing in the normal lanes used to drive and dish from and compresses the passing lanes so that defenders can close out on the shooters much easier thus limiting open looks.

That being said:

Sacre/Harris is going to be a HUGE part of the success of this team.

Harris played like an international basketball player I thought and it hurt at times. This will slowly get out of his system and start to play in line with the collegiate game (his over the backs I think are conducive to the international style of playing as this is generally not called and overlooked). But the future for him is HUGE

Guards will have off night shooting. That is part of life. This didnt make me fret too much.

Foster an OLynk gave HUGE minutes, what a plus.

I liked our ability to answer MSU. I liked our ability to be physical (man have we missed this lately). I liked our balance. I liked our defensive effort for the majority of the game (had some lapses but that is to be expected with the youth we have). the setting didnt bother any of our kids, which come tournament time WCC and further, this is HUGE plus for the team.

To those who said this was foolhardy to go to MSU and play, I think this team showed you they can play with anyone. We have some issues to work thru, but that is why you play these early tough games, to find those weakness that would remain hidden if you play lesser teams.

Thanks Zags for an awesome game and look forward to many many more ....

TexasZagFan
11-18-2009, 06:55 AM
My observations? I really enjoyed last night's game, but the following thought occurred to me, one that's probably off the wall, but here it goes:

1. When our shooters are struggling (MB/SG) like they did last night, Meech is an even bigger liability on the floor. He has yet to develop an offensive game, and defenses will rightly focus their attentions on the offensive threats. Ball handling is not the issue, as Matt and Steven are more than adequate.

However, we aren't going to be playing the likes of an MSU in a hostile environment every night. I'm not expecting Meech to go oh-fer in many games this year.

2. Sacre & Harris will overwhelm the WCC. My only worry during WCC play will be the officiating, i.e. ticky tack fouls.

3. The Zags will be fun to watch this year!

bballbeachbum
11-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Great effort. easy to love this team, no doubt.

MSU executed beautifully down the stretch, so I give them credit. we can get to that but we're not there yet.

so what? that was a great display by the boys, and our coaching staff is the ticket; all those new faces, in Breslin vs. Izzo's #2 ranked Spartans, and we stuck it to them, came ready to play from the opening tip, executed a surprising game plan vs. a tough interior team, at least it was a surprise to me, and we were in a position to go for the win. Awesome.

Very much looking forward to experiencing the development of this team and vicariously living the emotions of this year's TEAM!

Coach Few is the Man.

NotoriousZ
11-18-2009, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldHouseFishHouse ...
9. Arop...invisible

In one minute of play Arop was burnt by his man on a drive to the hoop and made one aggressive play for a rebound/loose ball. I don't think Arop was invisible so much as the camera didn't pan to the bench enough for us to get a good look at him.

I was thinking the same thing. And I was hoping Few was holding him back a little in the Mississippi Valley St. game to spring him on the Sparties. But it's obvious now that Manny doesn't know Few's system well enough yet to be on the court in close games. He'll be doing fine by midseason I think.

Another surprise is Poling--after a redshirt year, you would think he would have been in this game more than one minute with our other bigs in foul trouble. But Foster played outstanding defense and definitely deserved his minutes. Maybe Andy's time will come next year.

TexasZagFan
11-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldHouseFishHouse ...
9. Arop...invisible

I was thinking the same thing. And I was hoping Few was holding him back a little in the Mississippi Valley St. game to spring him on the Sparties. But it's obvious now that Manny doesn't know Few's system well enough yet to be on the court in close games. He'll be doing fine by midseason I think.

Another surprise is Poling--after a redshirt year, you would think he would have been in this game more than one minute with our other bigs in foul trouble. But Foster played outstanding defense and definitely deserved his minutes. Maybe Andy's time will come next year.

All of the players not in the rotation need to stay ready and focused. Strange things happen over the course of a season: injuries, foul trouble, you name it. If they choose to, the Zags have the talent and speed to run "40 minutes of hell", just as Nolan Richardson did at Arkansas.

The vast majority of WCC teams would break down in 10 minutes. We've had problems with developing that "killer instinct" in the past. This is a new team, and the potential for a new identity.

jpwils
11-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Sacre got screwed on a couple fouls, including the charge-ESPN announcers felt the same way. Had he played more minutes-even like 5 more- we probably would have won the game.

On the road you have to make critical free throws down the stretch, but overall we shot em well.

Matt seemed very careless with the ball in the second half and seemed to dribble too much. The rest of the team passed the ball more crisply.

Gray had a couple that looked in but rimmed out.

GJ and Meech might also find ways to score a few more points in future games- they did a great job of keeping turnovers to a minimum.

Did seem like Izzo's team executed extremely well after timeouts.

They had at least one lucky shot but you have to expect that at home from athletic players.

Harris forced a couple shots when Sacre was out.

We might easily beat that team on a neutral court at season's end if we continue to learn from our mistakes and Arop.Olynyk and/or Kong become productive...Olynyk seems destined for a bigger role in future seasons.