• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Honest observations about our team in this game thus far

1. Rob is much more skilled offensively than he use to be
    2. Elias Harris is a godsend; his offensive moves are almost as developed JP, but unlike JP, Elias can jump higher than a phone book
    3. Steven is making a much more concerted effort to take it to the rack this season
    4. GJ is better than Meech
    5. Will is playing so much better than he use to; he looks like he really belongs
    6. Manny is nervous and wide eyed
    7. Kelly is playing like a fearless seasoned vet
    8. I thought 6 and 7 would be opposite
  • IODubyaA
    Redshirt
    • Mar 2009

I agree with all of that except GJ being better than Meech. I just do not see that at all.

Comment

• KSTATEZAG
      Kennel Club Material
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
      1. Rob is much more skilled offensively than he use to be
      2. Elias Harris is a godsend; his offensive moves are almost as developed JP, but unlike JP, Elias can jump higher than a phone book
      3. Steven is making a much more concerted effort to take it to the rack this season
      4. GJ is better than Meech
      5. Will is playing so much better than he use to; he looks like he really belongs
      6. Manny is nervous and wide eyed
      7. Kelly is playing like a fearless seasoned vet
      8. I thought 6 and 7 would be opposite
      Agree, except for GJ over Meech. Meech's defense is a huge part of the success tonight thus far.

Comment

• GolfZag
        Bulldog Fan
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by IODubyaA View Post
        I agree with all of that except GJ being better than Meech. I just do not see that at all.
        Totally agree

Comment

• Stache
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Nov 2007

Matt pressing. If we could hit some jumpers - look out!

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

They make mistakes but they don't stop trying
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Stache
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Nov 2007

leaders

Need sg and mb in final 10 mins.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2008

Rob very impressive, Matt needs to watch ball control at end of game, Harris has talent but also a ways to go, Will played well---overall a good showing by the Zags
                "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• adoptedzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

What we needed tonight...

<stream of conciousness...>

I loved our intensity, Rob looked great, Meech did well on defense but needs to step up offensively. 0 points won't cut it in big games. Foster finally looks like he deserves to be out there. Manny looked like a freshman. Kelly. Wow, Kelly. Great effort. Steven and Matt had good games. They needed to be outstanding tonight. GJ looks like he might contend for the starting job at the end of the year or at least split more time with Meech. Whenever they flashed to the highlights from the Maui game, I kept thinking that we needed what we had that season, one more Adam Morrison than the other team had. Most importantly, I LOVED our coaching, clock management and intensity at the end of the game, save one small hesitation from Gray, but he made up for it by pulling the trigger quickly and decisively right after that.

</stream of conciousness>

Comment

• JohnOGU
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2008

Meech had a very off night... Everyone else played very well for the most part. Elias...i cant even believe this guy. God i hope he meant what he said about staying until he receives his degree. Rob, cant say enough about how much he has improved. Amazing. Tons of room for improvement, which is the best part. GO ZAGS.

Comment

• memorial80

Meech is a very good player and we need him... He is a better defender than GJ but that is where it stops. I think the staff is starting to recognize that also.

Originally posted by IODubyaA View Post

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Biggest lesson learned for Rob and Elias

tonight is how precious each of their 5 fouls are. State made their runs when one or both of them were on the bench due to foul trouble. We absolutely killed them starting 5 vs. starting 5. Will played well in relief and Kelly really stepped up in the paint to relieve Rob and Elias.

This was a great test and we passed with flying colors. To have a chance to win it in the last 1:30 is incredible. What a huge learning experience for the team.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Nov 2009

I feel if Gray had found his rhythm from the outside we would have won that game. Not to blame the officiating crew, but they did make some critical calls against us (that's expected on the road get ready for 2 years from now) that swung the game. To take Meech's side, neither guard was productive for us on the floor but to their defense we might have played the best defensive guards in the country tonight. Overall I was very pleased with the quick hands of all the players on defense and their ability to crash the boards.

Go Zags!

Comment

• Ezag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I agree with the above assessment and also that Meech/GJ was awash. Both played ok, distributed the ball and didn't turn over the ball. I didnt think one was better than the other

Comment

• ZagDaddy
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Feb 2007

I don't know that G.J. was better but he was very, very solid. It was overlooked by the announcers but he played a lot of minutes and the team didn't miss a beat.

This team has lots of interchangeable parts. I was surprised to see Few go as deep as he did down the bench. That is very encouraging IMO.

Sacre is a load and just moved players around with ease. Offensively, he is very improved.

For me, the difference was play in the last 5 minutes of both halves. If we had made better decisions at the end of the first we could have been up by 18 but we settled for lots of jumpers. At the end of the 2nd it was time for Matt to will this one into a W.

Obviously a tremendous effort by all. If I'm Few I'm very happy with the effort all around. This is going to be a fun year!

Comment

Working...
                              X