PDA

View Full Version : Manny

Fonebone
11-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Haven't had time to read all the threads and I have to run, so if this has already been discussed feel free to delete this.

Something that really surprized me last night was that at least two times Manny's guy ran right past Manny, when Manny was on defence. From what I had heard about Manny, that really surprized me. It look like he just got totally beat. Any thoughts ? I know it happens to everyone, but wondered if anyone has any particular insights on that.

Also, I was really impressed with Manny's comment on one of the videos that another thread linked to. Talking about Michigan State he said something like, "in the end, its just basketball." Said in the context about not being too intimidated by the game.

tyra
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Looked liked bad feet positioning. But as we've said all along, some of these younger guys will just take a while. We're good!

MDABE80
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
One game of D1 ball. As the season wears on, I'm pretty sure our new faces will learn lots of D1 tricks and fundamentals. Manny and the others seems to have good core of fundamentals. A juke, a hip fake, a head fake, inattention or a brief lapse in focus can make a kid look awful foolish. Manny and the new faces will learn by coaching practicing and by doing. Manny has a nose for the ball. I'm sure he'll grow and be a solid contributor.

zag67
11-15-2009, 08:56 PM
MDA, I think that you said it very well. Manny and all of the other young players are going to grow as the season goes on. Many of us forget that they are only freshmen and that they have been very well coached but they still need to understand D1 play. The speed is so much faster than high school and the experienced D1 players will expose any of your flaws. Also the coaches and other players will bring them along and help them learn. I am looking forward to watching this season progress and seeing the players improve (both individually and in team chemsistry). This will be like a yoyo (ups and downs), but it will be fun to watch. They are so athletic and they work so hard at defense and rebounding.