PDA

View Full Version : Annoying, Gnat-like Defense??

wazmix
11-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Who are these guys ??????

Does anyone else's heart-rate go up when pressure defense is played like that??

"Get him......get him......get after him.........play the passing lane.......Now get HIM !!!!! Go.....Go.....Goooo........STEAL !!!!! Go......go......go.....!!!! Whew........Halftime........Time for some "deep thoughts"

It's like 10,000 ants attacking a dead gecko !!!!
It's like the running-of-the-bulls in Pamplona.
It's like the Internet finding another Carrie Prejean sex-tape !!!!

I don't want to diminish the effort, because I love it......but it's a physical response I have, like the pressure in the building is so high that the roof could blow off.
Thankfully, the Zags can bring wave-after-wave of "attacking gnats."
Ideally, this could be the DEFENSIVE version of the old LMU offense.
(Even Olynyk guarding an out-of-bounds pass must be a PITA.)

Explain your feelings about watching a game like this. Does your mind and body get a response??

MickMick
11-15-2009, 09:03 AM
It was the style of the opposing team. Tough to watch the chaos. Exciting and maddening at the same time.

LynetteG
11-15-2009, 09:31 AM
I LOVED the half court pressure, wow! And the fact that they were able to prevent MVSU from getting the ball over the 1/2 court mark in time was awesome!

zag67
11-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Also did you watch when Manny was in the game?

I watched him on defense for about 4 sets in a row. I was really impressed about his help defense. When he was on the far side of the ball, he was saggin way in and making sure that the center area was not open. Then as the ball moved he was back in the players face. And yes he did get beat a couple of times, but it was not because of a lack of hustle and intensity.:)

DADoZAG
11-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Also did you watch when Manny was in the game?

I watched him on defense for about 4 sets in a row. I was really impressed about his help defense. When he was on the far side of the ball, he was saggin way in and making sure that the center area was not open. Then as the ball moved he was back in the players face. And yes he did get beat a couple of times, but it was not because of a lack of hustle and intensity.:)

Good eye 67. Manny did get lost a couple of times, though, missing switches and being a touch late on rotation. But his athleticism gets him back in position so quickly.

Part of the chaos was just that, players being a step behind at times and having to rush to get to their spots. So nice to have the luxury of depth, length and speed!!!

However, Tuesday night, expect MSU to take advantage of those slipups. That could easily account for a 15 point swing, just because of the experience and talent MSU has.

Also, as fans, we’ll catch up to the movement of our new ZAGS at both ends, and it will seem less chaotic, imo. We’ll need to, as there will rarely be times where the movement stalls.

Ain’t it fun?

Go ZAGS!