PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else have a weird feeling like something was missing?

AzZag
11-15-2009, 07:40 AM
It was very odd, almost sad to a degree, not seeing guys like Pargo, Josh, and Micah in last night's game...

I know it is a new era, but for a while, it felt very strange.
In my humble opinion, I felt that the New Crew didn't have as much talent
as last year's bunch, but they seemed to play 10 times harder.

I think the team resembles their leader in Matt. Not a lot of flash, but grit and solid fundamentals.

I was missing a high flying Ira Brown or Micah or Pargo, but at the same time, it was very enjoyable to witness the smothering defense...

Now......................time to make some free throws! :)

Reborn
11-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Not me. I was so excited about this team. I miss Pargo, but I like Meech's speed, and I like the up-temp this team plays. And I really prefer this years low post players to last year's...It's nice to see guys who will board.

JAGzag
11-15-2009, 07:46 AM
:) I hear you. It was hard to cheer and get pumped up when I realized that I didn't know how to pronounce some of the player's names! You can read about them on this board, but I didn't know how to say half of them! :)

AzZag
11-15-2009, 08:02 AM
:) I hear you. It was hard to cheer and get pumped up when I realized that I didn't know how to pronounce some of the player's names! You can read about them on this board, but I didn't know how to say half of them! :)

Well, either did Ehlo :p

Did anyone else notice the sweet brown twead coat he was rocking last night?

zaguarxj
11-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Well, either did Ehlo :p

Did anyone else notice the sweet brown twead coat he was rocking last night?

I'd swear I heard Ehlo start to call Bol Kong "Manute Bol" last night.

mgadfly
11-15-2009, 08:22 AM
We really needed a guy like Harris or Sacre to compliment the skills of our big guys last season. Just imagine Harris as the weakside rebounder with the other team having to pay all of its attention to Daye and Heytvelt, that would have been something to watch.

I wish every season was like last year, but it is kind of exciting to get to see a bunch of new guys. Tuesday's game should be awesome.

BroncoZAG615
11-15-2009, 08:25 AM
I know this probably won't be a popular view but i really, really wish Austin would have stuck around to play with Elias and Rob (healthy). I'm not sure how it would all work out but Austin always seemed to fit the small forward position better than a post player. I would have loved a Meech, Matt, Austin, Elias, Rob lineup. So much size, athleticism, and versatility there.

I miss Pargo's flare and Micah's work ethic as well but I love the new guys.

seasontixholder
11-15-2009, 08:28 AM
As the baton was passed, there was SOME continuity: MVS shot 11-26 for treys. :) :) :) I kinda wish that would go missing some year. :)

MickMick
11-15-2009, 08:33 AM
In four years we are going to miss this current bunch.

seasontixholder
11-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Oh yeah, one other things that was absent. Whining by anybody. I like that about this team.

bballbeachbum
11-15-2009, 09:33 AM
In four years we are going to miss this current bunch.

:agreed: I always miss last year's seniors, can't help it, happens every year.

and then get all psyched for the new bunch, for meeting the new guys and the new team, then re-up the emotional investment, and strap in for the ride.

and what a debut last night for this year's group! Tuesday baby!!!