PDA

View Full Version : TV coverage?

FlatheadZag
11-14-2009, 04:38 PM
I think there must be a conspiracy here in NW Montana when it comes to televising Zag games on Bresnan cable. Even though the Zag game was advertised earlier, Fox Sports NW is covering the Jazz vs Cavs game instead. I even pay for the extra tier of Fox Sports channels and non of them have the game on. Frustrating! Went through this last year also. Can only hope the replay is on later. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Fantastic7
11-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Same thing here in Yakima....any replay info?

DeSmet Penthouse
11-14-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing. Watch it online on http://www.justin.tv/phillyzag.

Fantastic7
11-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the Link.

krozman
11-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Here and I was going to complain about yet another season with no local HD.

mulerose
11-15-2009, 06:03 AM
I am over Bresnan, Some bigshot in this area must be from Denver. Not only did we in Polson not get Fox Northwest but Q6 was non functional, fortunately my neighbor has Dish so I invited us over the watch the game. They show the Denver regular Fox affiliate here as well so no Seahawks, but the Zag problem is serious. I am signing up for Dish tomorrow.

ZagDaddy
11-15-2009, 06:35 AM
I went through the same thing as you here in Missoula with Bresnan. The people making the decisions for them have no idea what the regional allegiances are in Northwest Montana. They think we are all following Denver and Colorado teams rather than Seattle and Washington. There's no getting through to them either.

I left Bresnan for Dish 4 years ago and have never looked back.

FlatheadZag
11-15-2009, 07:43 AM
I wrote a letter (email= feedback@foxsports.com) to Fox Sports discussing this issue. I don't know if I will get a response, if I do I will post it. I'm going to stop by the Bresnan office this week also. I might have to look into switching to Dish as well. It stinks not being able to watch the Zags. Every game used to be shown here until last season when you never knew if it the game would be on or not.

phurther
11-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Saw this link in a Bend, Oregon news site discussing the Jazz being on TV all the time pretty funny: http://www.tsweekly.com/outside/left-field/stop-the-jazz-invasion.html

outrunu
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I wrote a letter (email= feedback@foxsports.com) to Fox Sports discussing this issue. I don't know if I will get a response, if I do I will post it. I'm going to stop by the Bresnan office this week also. I might have to look into switching to Dish as well. It stinks not being able to watch the Zags. Every game used to be shown here until last season when you never knew if it the game would be on or not.
Last year was the first year of the ESPN rights, which meant that those of us in MT with Bresnan, were no longer to get the games on the FCS package because "our" region is FSRM. Funny how "our" region on the satellite feeds is FSNW. I just bought a house, and the first thing I did was dump Bresnan and had DirectTV installed.

229SintoZag
11-20-2009, 02:24 PM
What about DirecTV? Anyone?

Ole Roy
11-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I had Direct for two years have changed to dish much better HD and better Sports package
OR

mtzaga
11-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I think there must be a conspiracy here in NW Montana when it comes to televising Zag games on Bresnan cable. Even though the Zag game was advertised earlier, Fox Sports NW is covering the Jazz vs Cavs game instead. I even pay for the extra tier of Fox Sports channels and non of them have the game on. Frustrating! Went through this last year also. Can only hope the replay is on later. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My cable guide says the Zags are on so I hope you are wrong. Fox Rocky Mountain usually does not show them but it showed a couple of non-conference games last year...MSUB and Idaho.

I was hoping for a weekend doubleheader with Zag BB and GRIZ football.

Go ZAGS. Go GRIZ.

outrunu
11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
What about DirecTV? Anyone?

channel 687

Birddog
11-20-2009, 04:20 PM
If you've been on these boards for any length of time, then you will know that I am a DirecTV subscriber. I have been for 13 years, and I am unabashed about my choice. You can go back and forth about the relative merits of Dish or Direc, who has the most/best HD etc, but the one thing that sets DirecTV apart is "Mega March Madness". If you don't live in the Zag market (like me in OK and NM), and they are in the tournament, then you are almost guaranteed that you will be able to see the game. It's a subscription that costs about $65, and worth every penny IMO. I haven't missed a Tournament game since I subscribed except one, and that is when about 75% of NM experienced a power outage several years ago, not exactly the fault of DirecTV.

229SintoZag
11-20-2009, 04:39 PM
I had Direct for two years have changed to dish much better HD and better Sports package
OR

Please elaborate.