PDA

View Full Version : What are you excited about today?

bzzz61
11-14-2009, 06:02 AM
I'm just excited that basketball is back. It's been a long time. Let's get going!

Reborn
11-14-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm excited about our Grid Kids team playing in the championship game at 3:30. My grandson will not be playing. He can't run. He left everything he had on the field in the semi's to help get us to the finals. This is a big blow, but we have a great TEAM, with 15 other kids.

And then I will come home later and finally get to see the Zags play. I've been excited for this day for a very long time. I feel like a little kid waiting to open his favorite Christmas present that he's been looking at just sitting there under the Christmas tree for months. I just am excited to see what they look like, but mostly how they play. I was watching the Carolina game the other night and it was really cool because, like Gonzaga, they have so may new guys. This is what makes college athletics so special I think. It's just neat to get to see (watch) new players, and as the days pass, get to know them. It's great being a part of the Gonzaga family and these new guys are now a part of it.

I'm excited to see who can shoot 3's (Steven, Gibbs) and I love thunder dunks so I hope to see who is going to take Pargo's place?

bartruff1
11-14-2009, 08:19 AM
When practice started, the conventional wisdom was that the backcourt would be the strength of the team and that the question to be answered was the frontcourt and especially Sacre....well, it appears that Rob is the "ANSWER" and Harris is for real.... so now I would like to see some perimeter scoring....say 12-15 three point attempts and 4-6 baskets...if that happens, then I can worry about something else like free throws or turnovers...:confused:

zag67
11-14-2009, 09:16 AM
I am excited to get it started.
THen:
1) How this team chemistry comes together (In otherwords how the new players do and how the old players come out to play)
2) How many rebounds (I would like to see over 50)
3) How many assists (I would like to see over 15)
4) How many points off of turnovers
5) Few turnovers by our team
6) Over 50 percent shooting

RenoZag
11-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Looking forward to a 2 hour virtual getaway from some of the day-to-day stuff that has made life a bit more challenging.

It's always fun to see the latest edition of Gonzaga Basketball !

LynetteG
11-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm excited to GO to the game! And look out MAC, ZagNative and I are going together! :) Ya'll are in trouble now! We have 'special' seats behind the enemy bench, so we'll be sure to do our Zag part!

Lurknomore
11-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I am excited to see my very first game in the kennel!!! The wait is killing me!

BobZag
11-14-2009, 11:28 AM

Doors open at 3:30. Be sure to get there early so you have plenty of time to walk around, watch warmups, take in the atmosphere and visit with fans you may know... And try a hot cut beef or turkey sandwich at the SW and NW locations, the Carverys. Mmmm, good. Enjoy!

Reborn
11-14-2009, 11:36 AM

You are in for a wonderful time, Lurknomore. Make sure to stop by and visit with BZ. Just ask around for where he is; someone will direct you; it's part of the whole experienc I think. And get some autographs afterwards to meet the guys. They are so cool. I'll be waiting to read about your experience.

Lurknomore
11-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks BobZag!;) I was wondering what time to go. Hope to meet you! Very excited.

ID ZAGFAN
11-14-2009, 12:08 PM
that the snow over here north of Sandpoint is melting, so the drive to the Kennel should not be too bad. What are the roads like over there?

ID ZAGFAN

LynetteG
11-14-2009, 01:31 PM
that the snow over here north of Sandpoint is melting, so the drive to the Kennel should not be too bad. What are the roads like over there?

ID ZAGFAN

roads are dry

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Three things I am excited about and will be looking for:
1) The young Zags begin mastering the basic sets of the Flex offense as it is designed to be played.... with credible low-post scoring which then opens up the outside game.
- I'll be looking for big game from Sacre and Harris and at least glimpses from a 3rd low post threat (Poling; Olnyk;Foster).
- Really, really hoping Steven Gray drops the hammer on all the doubters and treats us to a devastating display of offensive brilliance...3's; slashes to bucket; mid-range game; breakaway dunks....he's got all that game in him and more. BRING IT
2) Getting to see all the new players take the stage. I've never begun a new hoops season having read so much about so many players without ever seeing any of them play in a single game. I'll let you all know if your take on their respective skills is in the right ballpark :-) :D
3) Substitution patterns.....our first glimpse of how the coaching staff is going to shape all this talent into a team.

DixieZag
11-14-2009, 01:51 PM
The roads are great from here in Hattiesburg Mississippi all the way to Colorado, after that I can't say.

I am excited just to see the team. I will see the game over these "internets" and since I am not a local (but proud alum) I can't wait to just put a face to these fantastic kids I have been reading so much about.

Should be a great year, expectations are realistic and lots of growing and excitement. Can't wait.

dim4sum
11-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I am excited that the team did not zone once. Or if they did, it came while I was trying to ignore the garbage chirp of Heister and Ehlo. Think of it, no zoning, no coma-inducing play.

ID ZAGFAN
11-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Let me count the ways! :lmao: (Apologies to EBB)

1. Elias Harris
2. Matt Bouldin
3. Steven Gray
4. Robert Sacre
5. Meech
6. and the whole group of promising Freshman and other supporting cast.

It was a very exciting start to the season

ID ZAGFAN

LegacyZag
11-14-2009, 10:40 PM
It warmed my heart to hear one more "Let's PLAAAAAAAAY some basketball." arguably my favorite part of the night. Harv is a legend and will be missed.

sittingon50
11-14-2009, 10:52 PM
+1.

Reborn
11-15-2009, 11:56 AM
We lost 14-13, one failed x-tra point. Dang. My grandson was unable to play as a result of an injury he got last week, which was significant, and our kids really stepped up in his absence, and left everything they had on the field. There were a lot of tears shed after the game. These young kids definately have the heart of champions. We went out to Miners after the game and it was a lot of fun.