PDA

View Full Version : Scout MSU

titopoet
11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
MSU is on Espn 360. They don't look good yet. Too many turn overs. Hope they turnover like that against the Zags.

007Zag
11-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Morgan is in, and looks just fine. Had a nice flash to the basket along the baseline for a dunk, got fouled and went to the line. He should be on the court on Tuesday, unless he re-aggravates his foot.

007Zag
11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
jumpshot doesn't look so good though, and the commentators just mentioned he doesn't look like he's getting much lift on it.

primal23
11-13-2009, 03:38 PM
I for one don't think that MSU will be this "rusty" especially from the 3 on Tue, anyway GU always seems to bring out the best in other teams from behind the arc...:o

BobZag
11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
When did the trend of 3 pointers being Zag Killer begin?

At least since 2001 or so. Seems like a hundred years ago.

Baldwinzag
11-13-2009, 04:05 PM
I was able to catch the last 5 mins of the 1st half and MSU looks good to me. Their guards are extremely athletic and smart wth the ball, they shoot well, and can play defense. I haven't seen much of an inside presence from anyone, but it seems like they play a 3-4 Guard lineup. At one point, they had a 6'4" SG playing PF. Not sure they'll be able to do that against us, and if they do, Harris will hold his own. MSU reminds me of Villanova 2 years ago. This will be an amazing test for our young Zags and we may get introduced to the woodshed if we don't hound their guards and neutralize the penetration, open 3's, and transition. We match-up decent with MSU, but they don't have anyone to really guard Sacre. He must stay outta foul trouble and be willing to pound it underneath. I hope we're ready for this environment b/c their fans are in mid-season form. Will we play within ourselves and execute or be so excited we can't think straight? We'll know soon enough...

BobZag
11-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Uh-oh. I have a baaaaad feeling about this.

flutieflakes
11-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I think the three pointer is a favorite-killer, not just the Zag-killer. The three point line, being as close as it is, is the great equalizer in college basketball. If a team with inferior talent can get lucky and hit on their threes, they can beat anybody. It's in the paint where talented teams generally have the advantage. In the past 8 years or so, the Zags have been favorites in the majority of the games they play, so it isn't surprising that when they lose to an inferior team, it's usually because of three point shooting.

Personally, I'd like to see the line moved back a bit, in high school and college. Maybe then America could start developing true big men again.

CDC84
11-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Michigan State will be carrying a 40 game non-league home winning streak going into Tuesday night's game.

Kalin Lucas after the game: "Now, we get Gonzaga here," Lucas said. "I can't wait!"

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111309aaa.html

MDABE80
11-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Usually, MSU and the Big 10 has these big inside guys who just wear players down. Sounds like there's been a shift in that.

I didn't see MSU but it sounds like we'll have a tough match out front. If there's not a big time presence in the low black, Harris will go wild. Robert should do well as well. It's such a cat and mouse game with those established programs. MSU will be waitng for the Zags. No way they get complacent or Izzo will have 5 starting players sitting in chairs learning. MSU is a FF team as we all know. No matter who does what, Izzo will have em ready on Tuesday. I hope our kids aren't simply overwhelmed with the big time reputation of of MSU and the crowd.

We have the talent to compete effectively but we can still get beat by 20 easily. Focus guys... focus....... play defense.