• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

OT - Duke loses key player to injury

Duke says projected starter Mason Plumlee is out indefinitely with a broken wrist.

Mason Plumlee, a projected starter (6-10 big man), is out indefinitely with a broken wrist.

It remains to be seen whether he heals up in time for the Gonzaga game on December 19. The injury will not require surgery.
  • Ziggy
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

That win will undoubtedly be....T A I N T E D
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• Baldwinzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

If the Fx didn't require Sx, then it was non-displaced and the prognosis is decent, especially given his age and the joint stability(no reduction needed). Considering his injury was from a fall, Mason most likely suffered a trans scaphoid fracture or possibly a Colles' fracture of his distal radius(@radiocarpal jt). In most cases, the short bone Fx's require at least 4+ weeks to heal properly -- add in the fact he still has epiphyseal plates in the area, it could be even longer depending on site. However, since his affected wrist is the off-hand, I'd expect to see him vs the Zags in 6 weeks.

All that said, I want Duke at full strength!
      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• FieldHouseFishHouse
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Baldwinzag View Post
        If the Fx didn't require Sx, then it was non-displaced and the prognosis is decent, especially given his age and the joint stability(no reduction needed). Considering his injury was from a fall, Mason most likely suffered a trans scaphoid fracture or possibly a Colles' fracture of his distal radius(@radiocarpal jt). In most cases, the short bone Fx's require at least 4+ weeks to heal properly -- add in the fact he still has epiphyseal plates in the area, it could be even longer depending on site. However, since his affected wrist is the off-hand, I'd expect to see him vs the Zags in 6 weeks.

That was awesome

Comment

• TCS88
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2007

That sounds like the exact same thing I had happen to me. The one thing in my hand was not attached to the other thing so good and it caused the 3rd thing to be broken and it hurt for a long time. As far as epiphyseal plates go, I prefer paper plates, you don't have to clean them.

BEAT Duke!

TCS88

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Thanks for that analysis, 88. Next time I fall off my bike I'm gonna' give you a call!
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• FlyZag
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • Nov 2007

Um... if it is a non-displaced scaphoid fracture (navicular bone) there is a chance this will take a long time to heal (up to 6 months in a cast)... ask me how I know. Apparently there is only one blood vessel feeding that particular bone so it is a real slow healing injury depending on how far away the fracture is from said blood vessel. In approximately 20% of these injuries the healing process takes up to 6 months.

For his sake I hope that is not the case. Hate to see any player go down to injury.

Comment

• gamagin
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Thanks, baldwin

I was thinking the same thing . . .
                Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                X