PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping to see

Reborn
11-12-2009, 08:06 AM
In our first game Saturday againt Mississippi Valley St? Please leave no more than two so others can create something too.

I'm so intrigued by our new players. I want to see what our rotation is going to be like Saturday. This is what I am thinking it'll be. Matt, Steven, Meech, Rob (or is it Bobby now), and Harris. I think Manny Arop will be the first off the bench, followed by Poling, Olynyk, then GJ, Gibbs and Will. The others will get clean-up minutes. If we are not scoring well I think we will see Dower instead of Will. Dower is on the fence in terms of being a redshirt, but I think Few plays him if he needs points.

I also am excited to see Arop and Harris and Olynyk play because I haven't seen them play yet.

Pargo the Destroyer
11-12-2009, 09:32 AM
dunks.

dunks over people.

Postplayer57
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
An impressive performance by the TEAM. As long as Gonzaga gets the W I'll leave the playing time up to Coach Few.

hockeyzag
11-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Steven playing with a take no prisoners attitude. 3 pointers, mid range, drives, dunks, and tenacious defense. See UConn game from last year.

Baldwinzag
11-12-2009, 10:24 AM
T: Together
E: Everyone
A: Achieves
M: More

B
A
L
L

Corny, I know. ;)

Kiddwell
11-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Hoping to see:

(1) Andy "the Pole" Poling

(2) Grant "Grit" Gibbs

:]

Nevtelen
11-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I'd like to see most or all players (who are not redshirting) get time and some sense of what they'll bring to the team. It probably won't be a pressure situation, so it'd be nice to see guys show off their games a little so we can get a sense of what they're capable of.

gamagin
11-12-2009, 12:16 PM
just to see how our lads match up against each other.

Otherwise, I'm rooting for continued good health all around.

Mantua
11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
A shred of hope for a good showing on Tuesday!

BobZag
11-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Zags running, running, running and pounding the ball down low when not running!

NontradZag
11-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I want to see a fast press up the court, a pass to a wing, another pass inside, a kick-out, and a nailed three.

After the inbounds, I want to see everyone defending in front of their players, playing a tough man defense. I want to see the inability of the opposing team to get a pass into the inside. If they do, a block. If they can't, then SOLID perimeter defense, not giving up the three.

Is that too much to ask?

titopoet
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Bare naked women or the Zags running, running, running and pounding the ball down low when not running!

Maybe Bare Naked Ladies will sing if "I had a million dollars"? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjvapPF8wlg)

See who does not play, Dower? KO? Stockton? (The red shirt question.)
Also, how is their spacing on offense and rotation on defense. Does Meech, Gray, and other guards release on shots or goes in to rebound. (I would love to see him and the other guards release, as that means Coach Few is trusting his bigs to rebound)

maineblackbear
11-12-2009, 02:49 PM
a win.

forty minutes of effort.

thats all i can hope for.

Zagtana
11-12-2009, 03:06 PM
1. huge GU rebound advantage
2. high double figure scoring from Matt, Steven, Rob
3. tiny GU turnover numbers and huge GU steal numbers
4. solid all-around performances from all the GU newbies

JohnOGU
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Good lord their roster is tiny. I'm expecting a blowout after seeing that.