PDA

View Full Version : Maui Invitational: Priorities

Drew
11-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Any chance there will be a Beer Garden at the Maui Invitational? Will beer be served in the stands?

ID ZAGFAN
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Pineapple daiquiris? ;)

I thought this was going to be a serious post about setting your priorities so you could afford to go to Maui! :D

ID ZAGFAN

Drew
11-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Nope. I paid for this trip back in June. . . and, if they only sell Pineapple daiquiris at the game, I will surely enjoy.

mdZag23
11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
but people do tailgate in the dusty Hawaiian parking lot!

Plus, there are a couple of close bars and GU always has a social. But no beer gardens in the past and I've been 3 years in a row..

tyra
11-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Anyone know when or where yet?

Drew
11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Anyone know when or where yet?

Inquiring minds want to know.

ZagManFan
11-11-2009, 07:20 PM
1 hour prior to game time at the Royal Lahina Resort. Cya there.

Just_An_Old_Zag
11-12-2009, 06:38 AM
The first game is Monday at 10 am Hawaiin time, which means one hour before game time is 9. Now I know it's 5 O'Clock somewhere, but I have gotten old and a beer at 9 am just doesn't sound appealing. Unless I pour one in a bowl with my raisin bran. Which begs the question what beer goes well with Raisin Bran?...lol

gozagswoohoo
11-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Well...you know what they say...

75Zag
11-12-2009, 07:23 AM
The first game is Monday at 10 am Hawaiin time, which means one hour before game time is 9. Now I know it's 5 O'Clock somewhere, but I have gotten old and a beer at 9 am just doesn't sound appealing. Unless I pour one in a bowl with my raisin bran. Which begs the question what beer goes well with Raisin Bran?...lol

Surely you are not too old to have heard of a Mimosa, the classic early morning eye-opener? I love a Mimosa, which is normally a mixture of champagne and OJ. I make a couple substitutions in my Mimosa recipe, in that I delete the champagne and substitute 3 ounces of Glenlivet, and I delete the OJ and substitute an ice cube. My Mimosas are the talk of the early morning breakfast / brunch crowd.

See you in Maui!

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

P.S. - I am pretty certain that the NCAA changed the rules a few years back to prohibit the sale of alcohol at any arena during a game where NCAA member teams were playing. The first two years of the BIS featured beer on tap at Key Arena but then the rule was changed and now the taps are locked and empty at the BIS. A sad day indeed.

TCS88
11-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey 75, That just so happends to be my mimosa recipe too. I love them any time of the day or night.

Cheers!

Drew
11-12-2009, 09:40 AM
P.S. - I am pretty certain that the NCAA changed the rules a few years back to prohibit the sale of alcohol at any arena during a game where NCAA member teams were playing. The first two years of the BIS featured beer on tap at Key Arena but then the rule was changed and now the taps are locked and empty at the BIS. A sad day indeed.

I haven't been to a game since the Great Alaska Shootout 2 years ago. There was a beer garden. Before that . . . I have to go all the way back to Vegas ~5 years ago, where they were serving beer in the stands.

75Zag
11-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Drew - I could be wrong. I was referring only to "beer in the stands". I know they sell beer in private areas (UP Pilot Club half-time) or at exterior beer gardens, etc., but I haven't seen beer in the stands at an NCAA sanctioned game in several years. I don't recall that they allowed beer in the stands at the WCC Tournament in Vegas this spring but maybe my mind has gone blank from drinking too many of my custom formula Mimosas.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

ID ZAGFAN
11-12-2009, 09:58 AM

one of those wheat beers I have been seeing advertised lately?
:D

ID ZAGFAN