PDA

View Full Version : SeaTown Sports Top 20 Players in Washington State Nov. 11

ZagNative
11-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Kevin at SeaTown Sports (http://www.seatownsports.net/2009/11/top-20-high-school-basketball-players.html) offers a top 20 list of high school players going into the season:
The high school basketball season is literally under a week away. Here are our newest set of player rankings for the 2009-2010 basketball season.

1. Josh Smith
2. Aaron Bright

3. Gary Bell (Jr.)-Kentridge-G--Led his team in scoring last season with 19 points per game. Not only is he one of the best scorers in the state, but he also has one of the best basketball IQ's as well. He plays under control and can punish the opposing defender if they make the slightest mistake. Interest: UW or CaliforniaHmmm. They don't list Gonzaga? I hope that's them and not Gary.
4. John Gage
5. Joe Harris
6. Cole Dickerson
7. Patrick Simon
8. Tanner Riley
9. Ryan Nicholas
10, Andre Winston, Jr.

11. Christian Behrens (Jr.)-Tahoma-F--Behrens averaged 20.5 points per game for Tahoma last season. This 6-8 monster's best asset is his defense. He can easily get into passing lanes with his long wingspan, and he is also an above-average shot blocker. Behrens has over 10 offers on the table right now and has not begun to rank them. UW, Gonzaga, Arizona, Cal, and Stanford are all vying for his services.

12. Brett Kingma (Jr.)-Jackson-SG--I still have yet to see a better shooter than Kingma. He is better at shooting than Ryan Appleby was coming out of high school. Some criticize him for not sharing the ball enough, but when you have something this pretty, why stop? Interest: Gonzaga or UWBZ says the Zags aren't in it for Kingma any more, however.
See the rest of their list here (http://www.seatownsports.net/2009/11/top-20-high-school-basketball-players.html).

Note that they have Anrio Adams in the 20-30 ranking.

Radbooks
11-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Isn't today the first day that kids can sign letters of intent? I don't expect we'll have anyone signing today, but I was curious...

ZagFanatic
11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
...isn't listed due to his knee injury.

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-11-2009, 12:01 PM
He's super young, but I thought Anrio Adams would be ranked a little higher.

ZagNative
11-11-2009, 12:12 PM
I was surprised about where they put Anrio Adams too. Someone raised that question in comments, and Seatown Sports says:
I think Rio Adams and Mitch Brewe both still have a lot to prove. They got the talent, but they'll need to put up the numbers in league play to be considered with the guys on the list.

I wonder what games they see coming up in a week. First games I saw for Bell and Behrens were Nov. 28 in tournaments on their home courts.

cjm720
11-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Hmmm. They don't list Gonzaga? I hope that's them and not Gary.

Gary was quoted as saying Cal and UW was his top two choices in an interview for some UW site or affiliation. Similar to Wiljter, I'm not holding my breath :(

Go Zags!!!!

BobZag
11-11-2009, 04:27 PM
I have this nagging feeling that we'll all wish Joe Harris was a Zag next year. Just a feeling I have.

MickMick
11-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I want more Germans on the team.

BobZag
11-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I want more Germans on the team.

Philipp Neumann is my choice, if he's eligible and all that.