PDA

View Full Version : Bilas likes our bigs

MickMick
11-10-2009, 08:09 PM
link (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/29391)

Daniel Mathews (Spokane)

Lets hear your thoughts on Gonzaga and the WCC. Do you think Gonzaga rebuilds or reloads?

Jay Bilas (5:09 PM)

Reloads. The big men are very good. Robert Sacre will be the next in a long line of All-WCC bigs from Gonzaga, and Elias Harris is a big time athlete. With Demetri Goodson, Matt Bouldin and Steven Gray, that is a terrific line-up. Perhaps not the great depth and experience of last year, but very, very good.

OZZY
11-10-2009, 08:14 PM
What a difference a week or so makes, with the buzz over that scrimmage!

Mantua
11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Great dig MickMick! I finally figured out that what has been bothering me about the pre-season rankings is that although it appears to be a rebuilding year to those who haven't evaluated our recruits, Gonzaga's program itself deserves a bit closer scrutiny and respect for the years it has delivered the goods. Still don't mind all that much if we can truly surprise the press as most of us are hoping.

MDABE80
11-10-2009, 09:22 PM
The writers do talk. Odd how a scrum in Denver can change some minds. ....well maybe enlighten some. #34 ranking in AP was given to the Zags solely based on the 3 returning guards but moreso on the body of work from the past decade. Now that's serious faith in a program!!! Now all our guys have to do is win some games in the real season. Soon...soon enough.

Birddog
11-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Odd how a scrum in Denver can change some minds
Abe you gave me an idea. Maybe next year we can have one of those scrimmages in Sequim. Then we can have a scrum in Sequim!