PDA

View Full Version : Raymar Morgan Update for MSU Game

Angelo Roncalli
11-10-2009, 04:25 PM
"He's been in rehab morning, noon and night here," Spartans coach Tom Izzo said. "He's making some improvement. ... He's tough enough, he'll play hurt. But right now his ankle has responded a lot but not to the level it needs."

Izzo said Morgan is "a big question mark" for the second game against Gonzaga on Tuesday.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/11/msus-morgan-to-miss-opener-with-ankle-sprain.html

Baldwinzag
11-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the update, Angelo. You've been on point as it relates to future opponents. Nice work.

If Morgan is unable to play, MSU is going to be awfully thin in the Frontcourt. Besides Suton, Raymar was their best scoring option in the post last year -- he had seven games where he scored 20+ pts. Morgan is a tremendous talent for the Spartans and is/was primed to have a breakout Senior campaign, if he can stay healthy. In addition to Kalin Lucas and Suton, he was easily MSU's best player during their magical NCAA Tourney run to the Championship game. During his career, he has averaged over 12+ ppg, 5.5 rebs, and has shot over 50% from field in each year. Not to mention his athleticism, rebounding, and interior defense. I hope he can remain healthy b/c he's a fun player to watch and has a bright future.

With him out, Gonzaga easily has the advantage in the Frontcourt. Sacre & Harris need to take it to the hoop and our Guards will need to give them the opportunities. MSU has one of the best, if not the best, backcourt in the Nation, so we will need to rely on our post players to draw fouls, get rebounds, and score in bunches.

BobZag
11-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Is Raymar the kid who played football there a couple years back but switched to basketball?

Reborn
11-10-2009, 08:40 PM
To me Raymar is built like Elias Harris, and imo is one reason that Harris can be good too, just like Raymar. I was, am, looking forward to the Raymar matchup.

rawkmandale
11-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Let's hope Raymar plays, or our performance (I'm assuming it will be a good one regardless) will be discounted by the non-BCS haters.

willandi
11-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Just the threat of him not playing has made the game tainted!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(humor)

NotoriousZ
11-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Just the threat of him not playing has made the game tainted!!!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(humor)

The game's going to be tainted either way now. If he plays, he's playing hurt. But I think I'd be o.k. with another tainted victory. ;)

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean?

gozagswoohoo
11-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Morgan just needs a little rest and a nice, hot drink. Throw a kettle on the stove, toss in some hot water, and a teabag. He'll be ready to go.

zag67
11-11-2009, 09:31 AM
And is some respects, an injury like this is why our team has the chance of being better than in most seasons. We can handle an injury at almost any positition and have a "solid" repacement ready to step in and play.

Just A Zag
11-11-2009, 10:00 AM
And is some respects, an injury like this is why our team has the chance of being better than in most seasons. We can handle an injury at almost any positition and have a "solid" repacement ready to step in and play.

i think you're sort-of right, but if Bouldin went down (knocked on wood) i think the team would be crushed.

Nevtelen
11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Is Raymar the kid who played football there a couple years back but switched to basketball?

I think so, yeah.