• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Goodman's 2010 Bracket Projections

So what do you say to a 5 seed? Per Jeff Goodman ...
    2010 NCAA tournament bracket prediction
    Updated: November 8, 2009, 1:09 PM EST

A trio of teams stands out — Kansas, Texas and Kentucky — and I've got all three advancing to the Final Four. Each of them doesn't just possess multiple future NBA players, but they all have quality depth and will be able to withstand an injury.
    See Goodman's full bracket here.
    • Oct 2007

He shows Texas as the eventual national champion. We lose by 3, in a scrimmage with Texas. He is not the only one projecting Texas as #1. Ya, it was just a pre-season scrimmage, but still.
    Not saying we should be rated higher at all. Just shows that we have a lot to look forward to with this team.
    Last edited by Zerogame; 11-10-2009, 09:29 AM.
    "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Comment

• NotoriousZ
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2008

I love this stuff, even though it's speculation, and preseason speculation at that. Is a 5 seed protected? Would they be in the Spokane regional? I'd just go off the charts crazy insane if that happend. Go Zags! You can DO it!
      It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I think only the first four seeds are protected.

Comment

• GoZags
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

While the committee strives to "protect" the top 4 seeds, there's no rule prohibiting a higher seed staying close to home (see 10 seed Davidson's 1st and 2nd round game(s) down the road in North Carolina in '08)
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• kdaleb
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
            I love this stuff, even though it's speculation, and preseason speculation at that. Is a 5 seed protected? Would they be in the Spokane regional? I'd just go off the charts crazy insane if that happend. Go Zags! You can DO it!
            A 5 seed is protected from a hostile court in the first round... but they are placed in a first round location based on what's best for the attached 4 seed.

So with a 5 seed, we could play in Spokane, but only if that was also convenient for the 4 seed in our pod.

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

I'd be thrilled with Goodman's bracket.
              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Eroop22
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                I'd be thrilled with Goodman's bracket.
                Thrilled with losing in the second round. I can honestly say I will be disappointed if we lose in the second round.
                You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• kdaleb
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                  While the committee strives to "protect" the top 4 seeds, there's no rule prohibiting a higher seed staying close to home (see 10 seed Davidson's 1st and 2nd round game(s) down the road in North Carolina in '08)
                  As long as they're not a 12 through 16 seed... then they get sent away unless they are playing a team with more/closer local support.

Comment

• BobZag
                    Dark Lord of the Zag
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Eroop22 View Post
                    Thrilled with losing in the second round. I can honestly say I will be disappointed if we lose in the second round.
                    Thrilled with the matchups, I meant.
                    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ShipstadPilot11
                      Redshirt
                      • Oct 2009

Goodman has Portland at a 12!!! Multiple WCC bids are good for the entire conference!

Comment

Working...
                      X