PDA

View Full Version : A What If Thread

kitzbuel
11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Brock Osweiler's recent exploits against USC got me to doing some what if thinking realizing that if Brock showed up to GU, most likely Elias Harris is not recruited.

It is a bit tough to compare, but does Elias bring more to GU than Brock might have?

GoZags
11-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I thought it was Sam who took Brock's spot -- but I could be mistaken.

Mario Kasun's departure (after being ruled a professional by the NCAA) led to Ronny Turiaf's arrival. While I believe Mario would have been a great Zag -- I KNOW that Ronny was and is -- a great Zag.

MickMick
11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Not saying it will happen but Brock's best chance of playing professionally at the highest level is in the NFL.

We all know it.

The Arizona State campus is beautiful. It is loaded with pretty, tanned, young gals. He made the right decision.

I'm pulling for him and wish him the best.

He would have been a great Zag.

Edit: Harris seems too good to be true. How many times has a Zag freshman come out of the gate and immediatley blown you away?

I can think of two.....Stepp and Morrison.

MDABE80
11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Harris is way more advanced than Brock would have been in their first year. I've seen both play....Brock was a very good player. Harris is older and way more mature. This Harris..if his game holds up, might be the best frosh we've seen at GU. He plays like a mature D1 kid. And that might be the key to his performance. He's been in with adults in big tournaments and games. He's very advanced. Not sure about underlying talent between the two. Harris is a better leaper and he's far quicker NOW. When each was 17, I dunno how they'd match up.