PDA

View Full Version : GU v. ASU in '10 = Battle of Canadian BIGS

ZagAddict
11-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Juste saw this article on the Arizona Republic's website...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/2009/11/09/20091109asubkcrecruit1110.html

Talented 7'2" Canadian big Jordan Bachynski intends to sign a letter of intent to play basketball for Herb Sendek at Arizona State. A match up between Sacre (7'0") and Bachnyski (7'2") will be interesting to see... incredible size in the post for both teams.

Herb Sendek has also signed a couple of former Zag prospects that have been mentioned on this board: Keala King and Victor Rudd. I've been looking forward to a possible match up with ASU for a while now... I just wish we would have been able to see Pargo and Harden go head-to-head.

a13coach
11-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Juste saw this article on the Arizona Republic's website...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/2009/11/09/20091109asubkcrecruit1110.html

Talented 7'2" Canadian big Jordan Bachynski intends to sign a letter of intent to play basketball for Herb Sendek at Arizona State. A match up between Sacre (7'0") and Bachnyski (7'2") will be interesting to see... incredible size in the post for both teams.

Herb Sendek has also signed a couple of former Zag prospects that have been mentioned on this board: Keala King and Victor Rudd. I've been looking forward to a possible match up with ASU for a while now... I just wish we would have been able to see Pargo and Harden go head-to-head.

I would bet Rob eats him up. A RS Jr. vs. a frosh that has had a long time away from the game. :)

BobZag
11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Where's Ozzy and the rest of our Canadian insiders?

OZZY
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Where's Ozzy and the rest of our Canadian insiders?

Jordan has been off the radar for awhile, and wasn't really a standout on the Canadian scene before he played in the All-Canada game a few years back.
While he has height and some mobility, he has not really had a decent game of ball for several years. If he is being compared to Thabeet, while that sounds impressive, you might remember that the "old" Rob handled him pretty well in past. The "new" Rob and has had a lot of experience playing against a 7'5" Centre in practice.

Lets see how he fares against other D1 competition before I make any predictions....

EBE
11-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I agree with Ozzy Rob should by far have the best of this match-up.