PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: 2010 CBE Classic in KC

BroncoZAG615
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Complete Twitter rumor (which may be worse than an actual rumor) but it came across a few hours ago that next year's CBE Classic will feature Kansas State, Marquette, Duke, and Gonzaga among others. Here is the link to the "tweet" just to verify:

http://twitter.com/qskc/status/5565995304

And a link to the CBE Classic page:

http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbe/index_main.htm

I've always enjoyed watching this tourney so I hope it is true. I always like the preseason tournaments that have regional sites and then a semifinals/championship location.

gozagswoohoo
11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
*dialing sound*........

(on the other end of the phone)--"Wal Mart, can I help you?"

ME- Yes, can I please speak with someone in Men's clothing?

Wal-Mart Operator- Sure, one moment please.

*Michael Bolton music.....Lady in Red.....is dancing with me....cheek to*

Wal-Mart- Men's Clothing, can I help you?

Me- Yes, do you carry Men's underwear, boxer brief style?

Wal-Mart- yes, we do.

Me- Okay, I'll be there in 10 minutes because I just crapped my pants in excitement.

Wal-Mart- See you then.

gozagswoohoo
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh, and I live in Missouri, which would by why I am SO FREAKIN excited if this is true.

Angelo Roncalli
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
This tournament is an ESPN deal so GU's participation wouldn't come as a surprise. Assuming CBE Classic next year uses the same 12 team format now employed, the question would be whether GU would be one of the four Regional Hosts that get an automatic bye to the Championship Rounds in KC.

BobZag
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
This tournament is an ESPN deal so GU's participation wouldn't come as a surprise. Assuming CBE Classic next year uses the same 12 team format now employed, the question would be whether GU would be one of the four Regional Hosts that get an automatic bye to the Championship Rounds in KC.

I would bet yes.

zagfan07
11-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I would think the 4 sites would be the 4 teams they mentioned in the tweet. They probably need to lock down the site locations before they can finalize the other 8 teams that will be playing in the tourney.

If it's anything like the preaseason NIT we played in a few years ago, the first couple rounds will be a cake-walk with teams that are low BCS conference schools.

Should be a good tourney if true; can't wait!

Kiddwell
11-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Isn't there a rule about too many consecutive preseason tourneys? Aren't the Zags scheduled to miss one next year? (Citing the reminder on this issue in another thread).

Kiddwell certainly hopes this works out (no reference to your bowel issue there, by the way, Woohoo)!

Maybe Marquette? Maybe Duke? Particularly like the idea of Duke, what with tangling with the Dookies this year in The Apple. Should we also get a crack at them next year in this CBE thing, one of us is gonna be in vengence mode. (Good hyping material for the network!) And, if all of Mark Few's pieces fall nicely together, the Zags are gonna be goo-ood in '10-'11!

:]

BobZag
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I was under the impression of no preseason tourney next year, but hey, things could've changed. If true, it'll surface at a more reliable outlet.

ID ZAGFAN
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Somewhere, deep among my senior moments, :confused: is a memory that I read that the rules restrict teams from going to tourneys that are far away--ie Hawaii, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Puerto Rico, more than once every three years; but not tourneys that do not involve as much travel. I tried to google and find that info, but was not successful.

ID ZAGFAN

BobZag
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Hope you're right, ID. I kinda like the idea of being in a tourney like the CBE. And it's up to four games that only count as one game. And the Zags should be even better :)

ID ZAGFAN
11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Hope you're right, ID. I kinda like the idea of being in a tourney like the CBE. And it's up to four games that only count as one game. And the Zags should be even better :)

I hope so too. I should say that I remember things like this because I have family and friends in Fairbanks (I am a 1962 graduate of Lathrop High School in Fairbanks)--we almost went up to Anchorage the last time the ZAGS played there and would go in a heartbeat if they played at UAF again. So--it will be at least three years from now (MAUI) until they go back to Alaska, if my memory is correct.

ID ZAGFAN

gozagswoohoo
11-10-2009, 08:29 AM
*dialing sound*........

(on the other end of the phone)--"Wal Mart, can I help you?"

ME- Yes, can I please speak with someone in Men's clothing?

Wal-Mart Operator- Sure, one moment please.

*Michael Bolton music.....Lady in Red.....is dancing with me....cheek to*

Wal-Mart- Men's Clothing, can I help you?

Me- Yes, do you carry Men's underwear, boxer brief style?

Wal-Mart- yes, we do.

Me- Okay, I'll be there in 10 minutes because I just crapped my pants in excitement.

Wal-Mart- See you then.

To the D-bag who ANONYMOUSLY neg-repped me on my above post...I hope you stub your pinky toe on your computer desk the next time you get up.

gu03alum
11-10-2009, 09:17 AM
To the D-bag who ANONYMOUSLY neg-repped me on my above post...I hope you stub your pinky toe on your computer desk the next time you get up.

I liked your post. I showed everyone at work because I liked it so much. I just positive repped the post with my infinite rep power to make up for the person that neg repped you.

CDC84
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Harrison Barnes, the #1 player in the 2010 class, chooses Duke this week. UNC, UCLA, Iowa State and Oklahoma are some of the other teams in contention.

gozagswoohoo
11-10-2009, 10:01 AM
I liked your post. I showed everyone at work because I liked it so much. I just positive repped the post with my infinite rep power to make up for the person that neg repped you.

I graciously accept and appreciate the pos rep, and it more than makes up for the tiny dent the neg rep put in me.

gozagswoohoo
11-10-2009, 10:02 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Harrison Barnes, the #1 player in the 2010 class, chooses Duke this week. UNC, UCLA, Iowa State and Oklahoma are some of the other teams in contention.

Yes, it will. I brought up the rumor of this tourney over on the Duke board, and they all said I better hope the zags don't have to play Duke next year. They will probably be loaded as usual, but I also think the zags will have some nice fire power to counter with next year. Guess we'll see....hopefully.

BobZag
11-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Go forth, Lord Woohoo, and bring peace to the galaxy.

Sarenyon
11-10-2009, 12:30 PM
While extreemly happy for WooHoo and others in the KA, MO area, this news makes me extreemly frustrated. Here I am at Ft. Leavenworth for two years with the no close Zag games that I could go to and I will be leaving this next summer for Europe... so I won't be able to go to a great tourney just 45 minutes from my house that has the Zags in it.... :mad:

But for WooHoo, the Zags at the CBE is pmta! Hope you have fun, I'll be watching on TV (hopefully) at 2 or 4 am. ;)

gozagswoohoo
11-10-2009, 01:13 PM
While extreemly happy for WooHoo and others in the KA, MO area, this news makes me extreemly frustrated. Here I am at Ft. Leavenworth for two years with the no close Zag games that I could go to and I will be leaving this next summer for Europe... so I won't be able to go to a great tourney just 45 minutes from my house that has the Zags in it.... :mad:

But for WooHoo, the Zags at the CBE is pmta! Hope you have fun, I'll be watching on TV (hopefully) at 2 or 4 am. ;)

OH NO!! That stinks!!

Reminds me of just a few years back...here I am in St. Louis, MO, and I go on a 4 day cruise...and while I'm on the cruise, guess who decides to come play St. Louis University IN St. Louis?!?!?! Stinking Adam Morrison and Gonzaga...ugh...

I will cheer extra loud for you while I am there though. Look for me on tv, I will be wearing blue. ;)