PDA

View Full Version : The scrimmage today vs Texas

Reborn
11-07-2009, 05:18 AM
I'm wondering what you all think about what kind of reports we will get about the scrimmage today? I'm wondering if Few will be "tight lipped" about it. He may not want anyone to know (especially Mich. St.) how good we are. I'd like to know what you all think.

Oh. By the way. I'm coaching football (11-12 yr olds) with my son. My grandson is on the team. We are in the semi-finals of the post-season tournament this afternoon, and expect a very tough game with West Valley. I'm really excited.

CarolinaZagFan
11-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Down with West Valley!! :boxing:

As for the game, Few and Barnes will most likely keep it tight lipped, but reports always leak out somehow.

But what about the real game? What's the scouting report for West Valley?? :)

Reborn
11-07-2009, 05:43 AM
But what about the real game? What's the scouting report for West Valley?? :)

They have the biggest and toughest kid in the league. He's kind of like Goliath. He hurts kids. He is 90% of their offense.:)

CarolinaZagFan
11-07-2009, 05:57 AM
They have the biggest and toughest kid in the league. He's kind of like Goliath. He hurts kids. He is 90% of their offense.:)

Can he rebound?? :D

MickMick
11-07-2009, 06:15 AM
This scrimmage is a "secret".

Mark Few probably knows enough about his team to make some major decisions. I'm betting this scrimmage will confirm some conclusions he has already drawn.

It is the players that will learn what a top D1 contender looks like. This is where they learn the costs of their mistakes. This scrimmage will drive home the concept that their coach knows the best way to put them in a position for success.

willandi
11-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Despite all of OUR decisions, this is when the redshirt decisions will be made. Based on todays performances more so than the exhibition. They have to be made before the first real game. It will be interesting to see how close we are as prognosticators. Wish I could be a fly on the wall for the scrimmage. Just to watch, 'cause all the rest will sort itself out just the wae Few intends.

Reborn
11-07-2009, 06:46 AM
I am excited to see how we rebound today against guys like: Pittman, 6' 10" 290 lbs; Damion James, 6'7" 225 lbs; Matt Hill, 6'10" 240 lbs; Clint Chapman, 6'10" 239 lbs. These guys will help prepare us for Mich St. I want to see how our skinnier guys (Olynyk & Dower) do. Andy at 234 should be in the ballpark with them. Can Arop board against Mason, who is also a tough competitor.

I'm also excited to see how our guys do against Avery Bradley and Justin Mason, their guards. After the scrimmage today, the game against Alberta will be quickly forgotten. The Alberta game was really not much more than a great way to introduce the players to the fans and the "lights."

BobZag
11-07-2009, 08:23 AM
I'll have a report.

Drew
11-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Where is the Texas scrimage being played?

Birddog
11-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Where is the Texas scrimage being played?
Pepsi Center, Denver. probably in the Nuggets practice facility.

Zagatak
11-07-2009, 11:26 AM
I'll have a report.

We can always count on you BZ

Zag365
11-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I'll have a report.

BZ: That's why we pay the big bucks! Here are the two things I hope to hear: (1) We are holding our own on the inside and getting rebounds; and (2) our guards are able to match/control the speed of their opponents. These are the two areas where we were most impressive in the KiK and Alberta scrimmages. Hopefully, we can show the same against quality D1 opponents. With our young team and yet-to-be-developed offensive rhythm, we have hold our own on the boards and disrupt the other team's offense to stay in big games early in this tough OOC stretch.

Reborn
11-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Great, great news from BZ about the game (see the thread about the scrimmage). Sacre outplayed Pittman, and I think Harris held his own against James. Matt with 10 assists, and we played well against Bradley. I am not surprised by the results, and really happy. I really wanted to see what Rob was going to do, and he played great (29 pts 9 boards). But when he got 11 pts in 11 minutes last Saturday I am not surprised. Way to go Zags.

Our little football team won 13-12. It was an incredible game. David vs Goliath. It was 13-12 the whole 4th quarter. Their Golliath put half our team out. And yet we had just enough. My grandson intereceped 3 passes, two in the last quarter. West Valley had the ball on our 7 yard line on 4th and goal with 2 minutes left in the game. My grandson intercepted the pass from Golliath on the 3 yd line and ran it out to the 25, and Golliath nearly murdered him on the sideline. But little David had already done the damage. We had stopped them inside the ten two staight times at the end of the game. Our kids were so beat up, half of them were crying at the ed of te game, including my grandson. My grandson could hardly walk. Oh yeah. He scored both our tochdowns, the wnner on a 30 yd bootleg.

zag67
11-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Congrats Reborn.

Those are the fun years to watch all sports. Just remember they are not in the pros "yet". Your job as the "grand" parent is to keep all of the parents in line so the kids can have the fun.

Reborn
11-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Congrats Reborn.

Those are the fun years to watch all sports. Just remember they are not in the pros "yet". Your job as the "grand" parent is to keep all of the parents in line so the kids can have the fun.

Thanks for the heads up, zag67. I'll take it to heart. I am actually our sideline cop. My job is to keep the parents, players and even coches behind a line 5 yds back from the out of bounds. We're in the championship game now.

zag67
11-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Reborn, good luck and enjoy the time with him, the family and the championship. I was an older dad (42 when my son was born), so when I watched the games and they thought that I was his grandfather. And I got to tell you those were some of the greatest times in my life (especially the basketball games).

Billfish'80
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Reborn, Have you sat your team down and watched the movie "Facing the Giants" yet? If not, do so. It'll pump 'em up for sure. Sounds like you could have written the script already! How's this for a hijacked thread?
-- Best of luck!