PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Met game last night

LongIslandZagFan
04-12-2007, 07:18 AM
and came away wondering why Willie Randolph (I love the guy but...) would leave a pitcher in, when he had already walked 5 guys in 2 innings. Then to top it off, when he walks 3 straight batters in the 3rd... he STILL didn't have anyone up in the bullpen. Then when that same pitcher walks in a run on 4 straight pitches he finally gets someone going... two more walked in runs later he makes the change. Grrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad:

On a happier note, cut through the diamond club to get out (got ahold of some killer field seats 15 rows back from the Mets batting circle). In the elevator I run into none other than Mets GM Omar Minaya. Being the true Met fan, I thanked him from making the Mets what they are today... my buddy, being the smart alec that he is... asks him, "Shouldn't you have your own elevator?" That got a chuckle out of Omar and a tussle of the head for my buddy's son and my son. Good way to end an otherwise ugly game.

sittingon50
04-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Please tell Carlos Delgado to get with it. My Fantasy team thanks you!

LongIslandZagFan
04-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Please tell Carlos Delgado to get with it. My Fantasy team thanks you!

He'll come around... They play the Nats this weekend... Should help Carlos out tremendously.

What I love about Delgado is the stuff we see day to day... the looks he gives Reyes when he makes a so-so throw after a great stop. Carlos gives him a look that says, "if it wasn't for me he'd been safe" which usually gets a big grin out of Jose. Very underated fielder at 1st. But we all know fielding is meaningless in Fantasy Baseball.

In return can you please ask the Mariners to actually get some games in so Ibanez get start actually producing stats... ANY stats.