PDA

View Full Version : OT: The more things change the more they stay the same...

LongIslandZagFan
11-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Zeke's FIU team loses to D2 team in exhibition game. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/11/04/isiah.thomas.debut.ap/index.html) I fell bad for the kids at FIU... Zeke... well everything he touches typically ends in failure.

BobZag
11-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Oh admit it, you love Zeke. :D

LongIslandZagFan
11-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Oh admit it, you love Zeke. :D

Killed my Knicks... going to take a long time to get over that. :D

a13coach
11-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Killed my Knicks... going to take a long time to get over that. :D

And that is a bad thing? lol jk

maineblackbear
11-06-2009, 09:39 AM
interesting how often great players end up bad coaches . . . the reason that I believe is that it is that these guys expect their players to play the way they did, rather than learning that players have strengths and weaknesses . . . The best coaches are guys who struggled with the game because they are better able to assess what certain guys might be good at . . .mbb

LongIslandZagFan
11-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Zeke's post NBA career:

As owner of the CBA - A 54 year old league when he purchased it in 1999 by 2001 (yes a mere 2 years) the CBA declared bankruptcy

As coach of the Pacers - Larry Bird took the Pacers to the NBA finals.. the following three years Zeke had them getting booted out in the first round.

As president of the basketball operations for my Knicks - He escalated the Knicks payroll to the highest payroll in the league and even with a high end coach like Larry Brown, managed the 2nd worst record in the league... Larry Brown was fired for not making gold out of a pile of manure.

As coach of the Knicks - He ordered players to commit hard fouls against the Denver Nuggets... he worked real hard to keep the Knicks at a level just below or at mediocrity... for that he was offered a multi-year contract extension by the mental midget of an owner James "Little Prince Jimmy" Dolan who knows a thing or two about running businesses into the ground. Upon getting that extension the wheels fell off the cart and the Knicks imploded. For some reason Prince Jimmy kept him around until 2008 so that he could set a franchise record of 59 losses... which finally flipped a light switch in Prince Jimmy's dim-witted head.

Now he is at FIU and is picking up on where he left off with his failure streak. Sorry FIU... nothing good can come from this... really.