PDA

View Full Version : Sacre

Reborn
11-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I was looking at the stats and see Robert got 11 pt ad 5 boards in just 11 minute. When listening to the radio I noticed he was all over the place. And I can just imagine what the dunk after the steal was like. He made a point a minute, and a rebound every 2. I think he must have been working his buns off. I am pondering why he only got 11 minutes. He needs as much playing time as anyone I would think. But maybe Few needs to see the others play more to see what he is going to do with some of the new guys. Is Rob as active as I think?

GUBoardsAreCrazy
11-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I think Coach Few just wanted to make sure Rob got out of there healthy. He was very agressive and looked very good though. He definitely is looking to score. He wants the ball. He's got the big body we have lacked for 4 years.. Glad we've got him.

Gonzdb8
11-04-2009, 07:54 PM
nothing to ponder really. few got a look at him. doesn't want to risk injury in an exhibition game. needed to get a good look at the newcomers in live game action. am i missing something?

Nevtelen
11-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I was looking at the stats and see Robert got 11 pt ad 5 boards in just 11 minute. When listening to the radio I noticed he was all over the place. And I can just imagine what the dunk after the steal was like. He made a point a minute, and a rebound every 2. I think he must have been working his buns off. I am pondering why he only got 11 minutes. He needs as much playing time as anyone I would think. But maybe Few needs to see the others play more to see what he is going to do with some of the new guys. Is Rob as active as I think?

You don't have to imagine the dunk after the steal - it's part of the highlights in the KXLY story that was linked on here earlier. It's a nice 3/4 court drive and dunk after the steal.

NotoriousZ
11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Sacre was impressive. For a guy 7 feet tall to run the length of the floor after the steal, and beat everyone else to the basket and dunk it...well, impressive just doesn't quite do it justice. Few definitely took him out so he can pound on the next team.

titopoet
11-05-2009, 06:58 AM
nothing to ponder really. few got a look at him. doesn't want to risk injury in an exhibition game. needed to get a good look at the newcomers in live game action. am i missing something?

Getting 16 guys into one game is a lot.

hockeyzag
11-05-2009, 08:06 AM
I remember watching that replay and seeing Sacre give the guy he just stole the ball from a big forearm shiver that knocked the guy 5 feet back so that Sacre could take the ball all the way down the court to the basket.
Didn't take long to see the toughness people had been describing. I hope he continues to be our bruiser down low. He's going to make the opposition think twice about coming into the paint.

ZagNative
11-05-2009, 08:48 AM
As far as Sacre's playing time is concerned, I figured that Few decided to focus on seeing how the new guys would do, because he's got such a short window of time to help the kids make the best redshirt decisions. I believe the kids will be able to play in only the exhibition game and the Texas scrimmage and still retain eligibility for a redshirt.

I'd think the Texas scrimmage play is going to focus only on kids who will be playing this year for sure.

That said, Seth Davis (http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/hoop_thoughts/posts/84981-reading-between-the-box-score-lines) had this to say:
Gonzaga 94, Alberta 53. Mark Few said he wants to figure out what his new guys can do. Well, he got some nice numbers from his newbies in this one. Freshman forward Sam Dower had 15 points and fellow frosh Mangisto Arop had 12 rebounds. It's a bit of a concern that center Robert Sacre, who missed all but five games last season with a foot injury, only played 11 minutes (11 points, five rebounds). Is Few trying to bring him along slowly? Finally, it was a little alarming to see Steven Gray, who's supposedly one of the best shooters in the country, go two for 10 (one of six from three), but he's entitled to an off night.

Scotto
11-05-2009, 03:11 PM
When is the Texas scrim?

Baldwinzag
11-05-2009, 03:15 PM
When is the Texas scrim?

Saturday - 11/7. There is morning session, lunch as a team, followed by another afternoon session & scrimmage. It'll be a combination of a true scrimmage/exhibition, practice, walk-through, and specific game situations each team would like to work on. At least this was last year's schedule...

It is closed to the public.

Reborn
11-05-2009, 03:17 PM
When is the Texas scrim?

I believe it's Saturday.

Scotto
11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
I believe it's Saturday.

Thank you!