PDA

View Full Version : In my lifetime

GoZags
11-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm hoping against hope to see one of these hanging in the Kennel. I truly believe it could happen (the 4th one on the right first, then -- if dreams come true -- one of the pair in the middle). Nicely done by our friends to the south. GoZags

PS -- And speaking of dreams -- how about the far fetched dream in the "signature" below.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/tbkd1/usf40770380.jpg

DenDiegoZag
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Great post...I do suspect that I am about in the middle of "remaining lifetime" for those who post on this board, so I really hope that it happens in mine too. I think though that it will require quite a bit of luck as many elite coaches have noted time and again.

hondo
11-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I hoped in my lifetime the Zags would make it to the tournament and win a game there.

NotoriousZ
11-04-2009, 02:57 PM
What are our "win it all" odds in Vegas this year? Seems to me like it could be a good investment if it's around 40-1.

75Zag
11-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Due to my healthy lifestyle choices of butter, cigars, scotch and Twinkies (TM), my doctor frequently suggests that I should consult a watch, not a calendar, when trying to calculate my life expectancy. So I don't really expect the Bulldogs to become National Champions in my lifetime. Obviously it could happen, but there is a huge gap between "could happen" and "likely to happen". But notwithstanding the odds, I keep trying to draw to an inside straight, so maybe GU and I will both get lucky before the grim reaper visits me. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Angelo Roncalli
11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
There should be a banner hanging in the MAC right now.

BOXING
NCAA CHAMPION

It would be a great way honor coach Joey August and the team members.

There should also be banners honoring the individual members of that team that won national championships in their weight divisions: Carl Maxey, Lt. Heavyweight; Eli Thomas, Middleweight.

CB4
11-04-2009, 03:21 PM
In your lifetime? Really? I'd like to see it with this group of freshman we currently have at least once.

bullzag23
11-04-2009, 03:29 PM
In your lifetime? Really? I'd like to see it with this group of freshman we currently have at least once.

Now you're just getting greedy....I'll take one NC in my life, because the celebration afterward would likely kill me :D

USF
11-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Even though War Memorial is very old (50 years plus), they made some really nice changes before this season.

Brand new floor.

The ceiling is now painted black. Seems minor, but it looks great.

New basketball standards, rather than the ones attached by wires to the ceilings.

No more "bleachers" under the baskets, replaced by courtside seats.
New glass doors going into the gym.

Brand new seats upstairs above the baskets.

And best of all, new retired jerseys and the new NC and Final Four banners hanging from the middle of the ceiling.

Yes, we need a new gym at some point, but it looks great. I know many of the Zag fans will be able to see it this season.

MJGoGaels
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I hoped in my lifetime the Zags would make it to the tournament and win a game there.

Broadcast News - movie quote. Tom Grunnick (Willam Hurt): "What do you do when your real life exceeds your dreams?"
Aaron Altman (Albert Brooks): "Keep it to yourself."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092699/quotes :p

bartruff1
11-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Bill Russell....Elgin Baylor...

USF
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
I believe he was making a joke about waiting for another school to win one.

The prior championships were on the wall, but not in a hanging banner, like now.

23dpg
11-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Broadcast News - movie quote. Tom Grunnick (Willam Hurt): "What do you do when your real life exceeds your dreams?"
Aaron Altman (Albert Brooks): "Keep it to yourself."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092699/quotes :p

Great quote...great movie...great thread.

Yes, please, in my lifetime, one final four.

krozman
11-05-2009, 10:35 PM
A man comes to your door, and offers you a final four just by pressing the red button only once.....

Sadly, the movie is going to be 1000% less interesting than the twilight zone episode it's based off of.