PDA

View Full Version : Not everyone's exhibition went so well.

Zagpower
11-03-2009, 05:28 PM
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2009/11/lemoyne_stuns_syracuse_82-79_i.html

Fan post after the article:

Great game by both teams , might be the best of the season. At this point in the season Lemoyne is a little to tough for the Orange and a little better coached but with hard work the Orange can still win some games this year.

Nevtelen
11-03-2009, 05:32 PM
I just finished watching the game (thank you, satelite, for all this great bball coverage!). I'm sure the Orange will improve before the Big East season rolls around, but they are still going to struggle if tonight was any indication.

MickMick
11-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Too early to pass judgement. Wake up calls can be good. Especially if they are not on your resume come bubble day.

NotoriousZ
11-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Even though this was an exhibition game, the pollsters should take notice. I believe Syracuse is currently ranked above Gonzaga...another one bites the dust. Time for some Queen on my ipod. :D

flutieflakes
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I can totally see Greg Paulus attending Orange games and spending the entire time wheeling on chicks by telling old Duke stories and dogging on the Orange. He seems like that kind of tool.

hoopster777
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM
I can totally see Greg Paulus attending Orange games and spending the entire time wheeling on chicks by telling old Duke stories and dogging on the Orange. He seems like that kind of tool.

Paulus is a graduate student at Syracuse, right? Does anyone know if he is getting a full graduate scholarship at Syracuse despite only having one year of eligibility to play football?

sittingon50
11-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Where did they play?

:D

The509sfinest
11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Good choice Kelly to come here instead of Syracuse LMAO

flutieflakes
11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Paulus is a graduate student at Syracuse, right? Does anyone know if he is getting a full graduate scholarship at Syracuse despite only having one year of eligibility to play football?

I wouldn't think so. IIRC, scholarships are year-by-year things. If he was off the football team, he wouldn't have an athletic scholarship. Would it be a violation, however, if in recruiting, you guaranteed him some kind of merit-based scholarship for after this year to make sure he comes? Not saying they did, just curious if you could do that.

thespywhozaggedme
11-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Same thing happened to Michigan State last year, they lost to Grand Valley State.

Zagatak
11-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Wasn't that the year before? Ill look it up, but correct me if i am mistaken.

Zagatak
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
I was correct. Michigan st. lost to Grand Valley st. november 2nd, 2007. With Drew Neitzel and co.

gozagswoohoo
11-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Could you imagine that happening?? This board would officially have a meltdown and eventually collapse into a black hole within itself.

LongIslandZagFan
11-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Tears streaming down my face for Jimmy B. Tears of laughter that is. I hate 'cuse and I hate Jimmy B even more. Hows that staying in NY and upstate NY working out for ya' Jimmy?

BTW

Grand Valley State's record from 05-06 season to 07-08 season: 92-9 Two elite 8s

Le Moyne College's record over the last 3 years: 49-40 not even a division title

GVS = Apples
Le Moyne = Oranges

This IS a VERY bad loss.

229SintoZag
11-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Is former GU English prof Father Michael Siconolfi still at LeMoyne? If so, I wonder how he feels about this. He is a Jesuit and I believe still a professor at our brother Jesuit school, but he got his Ph.D at Syracuse if I recall correctly.

We better watch out for Augustana!

CDC84
11-04-2009, 07:31 AM
I seem to recall that Boeheim said at one point this offseason that the new point guard was going to be better than Flynn. Never mind that Flynn was one of the best players and competitors that Boeheim ever coached.

BobZag
11-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I seem to recall that Boeheim said at one point this offseason that the new point guard was going to be better than Flynn. Never mind that Flynn was one of the best players and competitors that Boeheim ever coached.

I thought it was both odd and classless how Boeheim threw his parting players under the bus by saying his incoming players were better. Imagine Few coming right out in the newspaper saying Meech is better than Pargo and Arop is better than Downs, etc. Always thought that was weird.

Nevtelen
11-04-2009, 09:40 AM
They talk about that in the ESPN write-up of the loss. He has tried to back off those statements by saying he meant 'in some ways' or something. He's going to have to back WAAAYY off those sentiments now for sure. Syracuse looked like a team that got totally outplayed, esp on drives and in the post. None of the Orange wanted to step up and Lemoyne just out-competed them.