PDA

View Full Version : Bol - Injury Status

Stache
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know the status of Bol's ankle injury? Sprain/strain or something more notable? Expected return? He walked comfortably and without any limp last night. I hope he can get in there soon!!

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Bump.

After sitting out last season, Bol may have had the most gain of any Zag from the Albert game and Texas scrimmage. This would have been a great opportunity to shake off any rust from his game that may have accumulated, so it's really quite a shame that his ankle injury has taken away what would be very valuble playing time.

Baldwinzag
11-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I couldn't help but notice how Coach Few took a few moments during his post-game interview to recognize Kelly Olynyk for playing on a recently sprained ankle, since he'd left it up to him to play or sit this game. Few said Kelly chose to give it a go during pre-game and was really impressed with his "toughness" as a player. Since most students have seen Bol walking without a cast or noticable limp, I'd be curious to know if Bol Kong was given the same ultimatum as Kelly prior the the game? There are varying degrees of sprains, yet its going on 10+ days since it occured. I wonder if it was Bol's decision to sit out, and maybe just maybe, Kong isn't so accustomed to matching up vs players as equally talented as him. Now I'm just being presumptious...I better quit. I hope Bol is healthy enough to see the court by our next scrimmage.

Colbyspapa
11-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Let's try not to question a kid's heart before we even see him play. I am glad Kelly is tough. That doesn't mean Bol isn't nor does it mean Few even gave Bol an option to play with his injury. Bol isn't going to red shirt. This game meant nothing in the grand scheme of things to his career at GU. I am sure the trainers and coaches are just being careful with Bol.

On the other hand, Kelly was given this opportunity and the Texas scrimmage to show if he can challenge for PT this year.

I follow Bol on facebook and his comments are that he is dying to get in a game so I am sure if he could have played, he would have.

zagsmyboys
11-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Like any other player with any other injury I dont think they would be able to talk about a the extent of a players injuries. Thats why we are all so clueless.
My personal opinion........He is so awesome that they wanted to save his skills and talent for the first game....ya know.....build up the Hype!! He is going to come out throwin' down like Michael Jordan......just sayin';)

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Let's try not to question a kid's heart before we even see him play.

Exactly. And Bol put his basketball career on hold and took on the US State Department just so he could play for the Zags, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

MickMick
11-03-2009, 03:18 PM
I couldn't help but notice how Coach Few took a few moments during his post-game interview to recognize Kelly Olynyk for playing on a recently sprained ankle, since he'd left it up to him to play or sit this game. Few said Kelly chose to give it a go during pre-game and was really impressed with his "toughness" as a player. Since most students have seen Bol walking without a cast or noticable limp, I'd be curious to know if Bol Kong was given the same ultimatum as Kelly prior the the game? There are varying degrees of sprains, yet its going on 10+ days since it occured. I wonder if it was Bol's decision to sit out, and maybe just maybe, Kong isn't so accustomed to matching up vs players as equally talented as him. Now I'm just being presumptious...I better quit. I hope Bol is healthy enough to see the court by our next scrimmage.

Sheeesh Baldwin. I typically like your posts but C'mon man. Why the need to plant such seeds? You know stuff like this will grow here.

75Zag
11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
The game last night was a practice game against a team that could not beat several US high school teams. Why would any sane person risk possible further injury to participate? I have not signed on to the Bol = God bandwagon, but give the kid a break.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

originalcalzag
11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Guys,
I have had a ton of these over my career and they are not fun. There was an incident where I rolled my foot many years ago and it took 9 months before I could even run a lap around the track. Yes, technology is better, but that said, ankles do not heal over night. I am hoping that Bol takes at least a month. Otherwise, I believe there is a strong chance this can happen again. I think MedZag can answer to this better than I can. To this day, I have problems, so I hope they take their time with Bol.

Cal

Baldwinzag
11-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Sheeesh Baldwin. I typically like your posts but C'mon man. Why the need to plant such seeds? You know stuff like this will grow here.

I know, I know -- that is why I called myself out in my own post. It wasn't OK to plant such a hypothesis that hasn't been proven. Its just several of the Zag fans I have spoken to recently have mentioned similar "theories" why Bol hasn't played in the pre-season and why other players whom have been dealing with similar or worse injuries have been playing. I did hear Bol was medically cleared to play last night. Is it just a rumor, I wouldn't know. I agree with the poster above in holding out until it counts. Making false assumptions is not the right thing to do -- especially when it comes to dealing with injuries, which can be very subjective. I'll give Bol the benefit of the doubt. No one knows Bol's body better than himself. I apologize if I offended anyone on this board with my comment.