PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else???

ZagHouse
11-02-2009, 07:31 PM
I know a ton of the game was garbage time, but I was more impressed with G.J. than I was with Meech. Even though G.J. is the freshman, I felt he showed more poise running the point--passing, shooting, all around decision making. Now granted, it's just one game, but I'm liking what I saw.

gamagin
11-02-2009, 07:56 PM
every position except Matt's is open, from what I saw.

bartruff1
11-03-2009, 07:32 AM
I know a ton of the game was garbage time, but I was more impressed with G.J. than I was with Meech. Even though G.J. is the freshman, I felt he showed more poise running the point--passing, shooting, all around decision making. Now granted, it's just one game, but I'm liking what I saw.+1

Baldwinzag
11-03-2009, 07:46 AM
I know a ton of the game was garbage time, but I was more impressed with G.J. than I was with Meech. Even though G.J. is the freshman, I felt he showed more poise running the point--passing, shooting, all around decision making. Now granted, it's just one game, but I'm liking what I saw.

While G.J. certainly stepped up and played aggressive throughout, I've gotta say "nope" to this one.

Here's why: Meech knew it wasn't his night and didn't need to force anything. In his limited minutes(18), he played to get more players involved, and as our starting PG, I'm sure that Coach Few and Co. told him to get the new players going and get the frontcourt more opportunities. That is exactly what Meech did last night. We all know Meech is one of the fastest, if not the fastest player in College bball and has the ability to blow by any defender down the court, especially vs Alberta. Did we seem him do much slashing, running, or finishing at the hoop last night? No, and it was on purpose, IMO.

Don't forget that Coach Few claimed Meech was our best finisher at the rim--on last year's team. Also, he said he picked up the offense quicker than any Guard preceeding him. It was a game where the young guys were given the "green light" to show the Coaches(and themselves) what they can do. It felt like our veterans were more hesistant, and just as curious as our Coaches in what the new-comers could do last night.

All that said, G.J. deserves the props he's getting and will definitely see significant minutes this season. It'll be fun to watch him and Meech in the backcourt this year.

MickMick
11-03-2009, 07:49 AM
I'll make a wager on who gets the most playing time (barring injury) at Maui or East Lansing.

Name the terms.

Any takers?

Postplayer57
11-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I would'nt touch that bet with a ten foot pole. What I will say is that for the first time in memory, every position on this team is at least two deep. In many cases the backups will be better down the road and in coming seasons than the veteran they will backstop. IMHO there is NO excuse for anyone not playing aggressively & physically for all forty minutes. This club can lose two or three guys to fouls and never hiccup?, how many other teams can do that?

BobZag
11-03-2009, 09:16 AM
It appears to me when GJ gets some arc on his shot, he's a good shooter. Sometimes his shot is rather flat and hits the front iron. He's a good post feeder. I'm glad the Zags have him. He and Meech will serve this team well.