PDA

View Full Version : Best half

Vanzagger
11-02-2009, 05:55 PM
of Basketball I've see of Bouldin play as a Zag. Granted I did lose about 5 minutes due to a dvr malfunction. Why?

Let me explain.

Matt fed his fellow senior Will.

Also. Matt did the best play in basketball. I had an old coach who would tell us, the best play in basketball is to go up for a shot, then abort and pass to a player who has a better shot. Matt, you da man. All American no brainer.

tyra
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM
I'll tell you who I think may have had a bad half: Coach Few. Why? Because I don't think he got a whit of help in his already-difficult playing time allocation decisions by what has happened . . . thus far.

MickMick
11-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I have posted a few times on this and I still cling to the concept that there is no written rule that you have to have an 8-9 man rotation.

SpudDawg
11-02-2009, 07:01 PM
I agree, MickMick. I strongly believe that if you have a deep, athletic team you run, run, run on offense and press, press, press on defense.

tyra
11-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Fine with me if Coach Few runs a deeper rotation than 7 or 8. That just hasn't been his MO in the past. Then again, he's probably never been this deep.

Ezag
11-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow this team is loaded. There is enough talent for 2 starting teams. I am not sure how Few is going to be able to utilize them and get them all minutes.

Maybe we could add a second team to the WCC and have Zags and Zags2 :)

zag67
11-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I do have to agree that I am glad that I am not Coach Few and his staff. They will have some very hard decisions to make during the next month. Olynyk and Dower did not help in his decision. But I also have to agree that this may be a team that they can go 10 (or more) deep if that is what it takes with such a young team.

GU69
11-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Let's remember this team is young. There is going to be some bumps and dips.

Right.
Also, this was not D1 competition. The guys won't look quite so good against a better team.
It should be a fun season, but there will be some freshmen mistakes and losses.

CaliforniaZaggin'
11-02-2009, 07:26 PM
I have posted a few times on this and I still cling to the concept that there is no written rule that you have to have an 8-9 man rotation.

Once again, MickMick, I agree with you. Play everybody, and then go with the hot hands during crunch time.

dim4sum
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM
One practice game doesn't make a season, but it looks to me that Arop is competing hard for a starting slot. I think the player he most threatens is Steven.

TokyoZag
11-02-2009, 08:40 PM

I'm pretty sure we played 10 deep the year we went to the elite eight.

sittingon50
11-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Only suited 10 & they all played.