PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few Show

LynetteG
11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I believe the initial installment starts at 6pm tonight, which is in 20 minutes!

Help! Am I wrong?? Can't find it in the guide....

Oops, helped myself :)

The weekly show will air Sundays at 6:30 on KHQ and Mondays at 7:30 on SWX.

SunDevilGolfZag
11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Its on at 6:30 tonight on channel 6

ZagNative
11-01-2009, 06:30 PM
It's on now.

"This team's going to go as Matt goes."

ZagNative
11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Matt Bouldin up after the commercial.

pbriz
11-01-2009, 07:13 PM
anyone care to do a recap? Thanks!

ZagNative
11-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Grrr. I had a recap going and was just about through when I hit the wrong key and the whole thing evaporated! Will try again in a bit.

Section 116
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Here are a couple things I recall. I should have taken notes. Few said this years edition of the Bulldogs will be very physical. This is a lot youthful enthusiasm and although he (Few) would have preferred a softer preleague schedule with such a young team the types of opportunites afforded the Zags by teams such as Wake Forest, Michigan State, Illinios, Oklahoma, Duke and others are just too good to pass up. Offers from teams like that are not available to everyone and they are a part of the GU culture. Boudlin is the leader as all have surmised, Sacre was sorely missed last year and most important of all Heister asked Bouldin about Taylor Swift. Bouldin said did he have to answer that but he did. Said he was at a Taylor Swift concert and she acknowledged him, whatever that means, and in itself should be enough to keep the rumor mill going. Bouldin also noted women's coach Kelly Graves recently got a call from a women's recruit and had heard about the Swift rumor and apparently wanted verification. Sorry for the disjointed details but those are what I recall off the top of my head. Show was very well done with lots of info.

ZagNative
11-01-2009, 07:29 PM
I hadn't known that Matt is majoring in Applied Communications, with a minor in broadcasting.

He talked about needing to be Go-to guy this year and that he didn't mind - it was probably his turn.

bartruff1
11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
that
Matt was the go to guy last year ...Mark was pretty positive about this years team...that is good to hear..going to be a good show..

Reborn
11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=Section 116;472852 Few said this years edition of the Bulldogs will be very physical. This is a lot youthful enthusiasm[/QUOTE]

I really like the way that sounds

ZagsGoZags
11-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Few said Matt was a good all around player, and that good things happened for the team when the ball was in his hands, and the team needed to get the ball to him a lot this year. He also said Matt needs to get more assertive and that he probably couldn't be assertive enough no matter how hard he tries.

He also said that Meech is a generous player who looks more for the good pass than to shoot the ball himself.

DADoZAG
11-02-2009, 06:27 AM
He also said that Meech is a generous player who looks more for the good pass than to shoot the ball himself.

...as all great points do.

Go ZAGS!

bartruff1
11-02-2009, 06:55 AM
He also said that last years team was one of the ...if not the...best he has had...that had they not run into NC....which he said was playing the best he had seen.....who knows where they might have gone...as usual, last years team was my favorite...until tonight....

Reborn
11-02-2009, 07:01 AM
He also said that last years team was one of the ...if not the...best he has had...that had they not run into NC....which he said was playing the best he had seen.....who knows where they might have gone...as usual, last years team was my favorite...until tonight....

It's always nice to hear what Few thinks because he knows more about the team than anyone here. I always felt they would have gone deeper had they not faced UNC.

CDC84
11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
BTW - You can tune into FSN-NW at 7pm PDT to see a rebroadcast of this show.

LynetteG
11-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Few also said that the defense is ahead of schedule in terms of past teams at this timepoint, but that the offense was behind, which is understandable given the complexity of learning it. He said that for the team to do well Bouldin needs to do well, kinda like he is the barometer for this team (my words).

LynetteG
11-08-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't think the show will be on tonight due to MNFB. Looks like the Zag Report show will be on at 7 on KHQ SWX channel though.

Just read the press release on gozags.com. Sounds like the show might be on at 830, or after MNFB, whenever that's over

"The 30-minute show will air on KHQ-TV every Sunday following Sunday Night Football. If there is no SNF broadcast the show will air at 6:30 p.m., including this Sunday with the inaugural show.

The "Mark Few TV Show" will be shown on FSN every Tuesday at 7 p.m. beginning Nov. 3, unless pre-empted by a live event. Additional showings will also be on FSN throughout the week as well as on Fox College Sports."

rawkmandale
11-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Just started on KHQ TV (9:05 PM).

Zagatak
11-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Report, please.

ID ZAGFAN
11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
It was obviously taped before the scrimmage, so most of the discussion was about the Alberta game, with most of the points being the ones we have talked about here. Few was as usual discreet about any predictions or projections for the season---that is to say he made none.

They showed portions of the Decade of Excellence and talked about the era with Blake Steppe and Dan Dickau.

Heister interviewed Rob Sacre. That was the most interesting part. Rob demonstrated a sense of humor I had not seen before, and was fun to watch.
He sounds really ready!

ID ZAGFAN

nonzagzag
11-09-2009, 12:27 AM
He was complimentary of the new guys, specifically Manny and Kelly - both of whom he said would definitely contribute this year.

Manny is a gamer - he comes up big in games and is a ballhawk - he mentioned him as playing the 3 spot.

He said Kelly has guard skills, can shoot the 3 and has a great feel for the game, and he also likes to bang down low: "Kelly's going to be a real critical piece to us this year - he continues to grow and provide that kind of skill out there in the 4 spot"

Rob's interview was funny: he mentioned Casey was thinking of going back overseas, he also worked out with Richard Fox - mentioned Richard's nicknames include "big sexy" and "the College Sabonis". They talked about Rob's dogs and how much he loves them - didn't say what kind they were.
said he has no problem hitting people down low

Few said Rob was an incredible teammate, brings a lot of fun to coaching, etc. and re-emphasized how far he has come over the summer.

Few said a couple starting spots are not fully determined - said there are a lot of guys with different games but equal in ability.

cjm720
11-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Few said a couple starting spots are not fully determined - said there are a lot of guys with different games but equal in ability.

Well this is an interesting topic discussion for a Monday. Meech, Bouldin, Gray, Sacree, Harris....not so fast, I guess!?!?! Bouldin and Sacre are the only locks. Of course, Mr. Few could be trying to motivate certain players...see last week's thread of the week.

Gonna be a fun year!!!!

Go Zags!!!!!!!!

ronh_pm
11-09-2009, 09:54 AM
He was complimentary of the new guys, specifically Manny and Kelly - both of whom he said would definitely contribute this year.

He said Kelly has guard skills, can shoot the 3 and has a great feel for the game, and he also likes to bang down low: "Kelly's going to be a real critical piece to us this year - he continues to grow and provide that kind of skill out there in the 4 spot"

That would seem to end the discussion about Olynyk donning a red shirt this season.

Eroop22
11-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Robs interview was pretty funny. At one point I thought I heard him say he was working on scoring without the basketball.

Zagatak
11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the reports.

BobZag
11-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I foresee big bright futures for Olynyk, Harris and Arop. Of the new guys.

roxdoc
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Sure sounds like Kelly is not going to redshirt.

maynard g krebs
11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
For those that have seen Kelly, and saw Pat Calathes of St. Joe's- do you think the comparison is a good one? I loved Calathes' game, and so far have just seen a couple brief clips of Kelly, but my initial impression is that he'll be similar, which is a good thing imo.

BobZag
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
For those that have seen Kelly, and saw Pat Calathes of St. Joe's- do you think the comparison is a good one? I loved Calathes' game, and so far have just seen a couple brief clips of Kelly, but my initial impression is that he'll be similar, which is a good thing imo.

He's in that same mold. I think Kelly will be bigger than Pat. Kelly is taller, too. Austin Daye is another decent comparison.