• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unbiased
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

Recruiting - -Through the cracks?

I spent some idle time last evening watching the Comcast 4A - 3A All Star game held at Key Arena on March 17. I realize it was TV - and not in person but I must say I was thoroughly impressed by two players that were very low profile far as recruiting goes. The first, Keaton Hayenga, a 6'5" small forward from EastLake HS in Redmond. His moves were impressive. Excellent hops, quick, always in position. He played extremely well. He looked like a medium to high major prospect to me - I never really heard much of of him. The announcer said he committed to the Cougs. In my opinion, it looks like they got a real sleeper with this guy.

The sescond was Melvin Jones, from Chief Sealth. He was a replacement player for this game. He was not even on the original roster. A small guard who reminded me of a young Aaron Brooks. Very smooth, great quickness, and a good shooter. Apparently he is going to North Idaho Junior College in Coeur d’Alene. He might have some minor academic issues - I don't know but I was very impressed.

For those of you who have Comcast on Demand -take a look and give me your thoughts.
  • hls97
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

I think Keaton Hayenga may be primarily a baseball player. He is going to WSU to play baseball -- not sure about whether he will play hoops, too.

Comment

• LargeWilliam
      Bulldog Fan
      • Feb 2007

Hayenga to WSU for baseball I believe.

Comment

• Unbiased
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

Still watch the comcast 4A - 3A game

I am aware that he is going to play baseball -he averaged over 23 points a game in a tough league. He has a great vertical - look at his basketball skills and athleticism from this Comcast in Demand game - My thoughts are he is a solid Division One basketball prospect.

Comment

• Asotin
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2007

Baseball

Baseball it is. From what I understand Baseball is his love and his best sport.

Comment

Working...
          X