PDA

View Full Version : Practice: Status?

zag67
10-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Just checking to see if anyone knows any status from the practices. Injuries? Bol? Anything????? I feel like Monday is an eternity away.

BobZag
10-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Patience, Jedi.

No news is good news re: injuries.

75Zag
10-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Part of me (the greedy gambling part) really wishes that the NCAA would adopt a rule similar to the rule in the NFL where teams are required to announce injuries / status on the Friday before Sunday games. I'm sure the NFL knows nothing about it (chuckle, chuckle, wink, wink) but the Vegas big boys rely on the NFL Friday injury reports before setting final odds, etc.

I know BB is typically more of a "game day decision" environment, I assume because a lot of BB injuries are little things like sprains and bruised shooting fingers, etc, and probably on the whole less predictable than NFL injuries. But it would be nice to know for certain a day or two ahead which players will be available in NCAA games.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

zag67
10-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes Obi. I promise not to go to the dark side. I will wait for your knowledge to be passed down...... :)

Thanks BZ, just thought I might ask.

CDC84
10-30-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries

The problem with the NFL injury report is that most of the injured players are listed as probable or questionable, and that status won't change until kickoff. The odds makers are still guessing because NFL teams love playing mind games with the opposition. The report is really only useful when it comes to seeing which players are definitely going to be out.

kitzbuel
10-30-2009, 07:25 PM
As a Fantasy Football team owner I find the injury report absolutely useless.

azzagfan
10-30-2009, 11:48 PM
75, I'm not sure the NCAA should make any moves that would encourage gambling on their games. Seems like they have enough problems just trying to get the student-athlete thing figured out, and kids that make no money and are on scholarship are too easy of targets for foul play with regards to manipulating the ends/scores of games (there are already several examples) for big cash payouts.