PDA

View Full Version : To those that went to Kraziness

MickMick
10-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Is it just me? Or did anyone else leave with a changed perception of Goodson?

He always displayed good handles and speed. I never had the impression that he was anything other than an excellent passer last season. Especially for a freshman. Only time will tell if he will be a consistent shooter.

What I came away with is a different demeanor. I think his heroic play in post season gave him a significant shot in the arm with respect to poise and confidence. His aura just seemed to stand out. He simply looked and played like a leader. No signs of hesitancy or indecision. The game just flowed to him at a natural fast pace. My impression was that he always knew what he was doing and where he was going. He just seemed vastly improved to me.

After Matt leaves next season, I have to believe that Meech will be the leader of this team. I think this will be Meech's team. I am thrilled to know the Zags will be in good hands.

NEC26
10-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Is it just me? Or did anyone else leave with a changed perception of Goodson?

He always displayed good handles and speed. I never had the impression that he was anything other than an excellent passer last season. Especially for a freshman. Only time will tell if he will be a consistent shooter.

What I came away with is a different demeanor. I think his heroic play in post season gave him a significant shot in the arm with respect to poise and confidence. His aura just seemed to stand out. He simply looked and played like a leader. No signs of hesitancy or indecision. The game just flowed to him at a natural fast pace. My impression was that he always knew what he was doing and where he was going. He just seemed vastly improved to me.

After Matt leaves next season, I have to believe that Meech will be the leader of this team. I think this will be Meech's team. I am thrilled to know the Zags will be in good hands.

I believe he already is one of the leaders it seems to be in his nature. With his improved shot I think this guy will be unstoppable this year. Definitely excited to watch him play this year.

FuManShoes
10-30-2009, 09:08 AM
This isn't meant as an "I told you so," but I was struck by Meech's confidence and fearlessness from the start. He's been taking the ball in amongst the trees since day one, showing very good touch on mid range shots. He's mixed it up with bigger players and been an aggressive defender (perhaps overly so). If he can add some range, play at different speeds, get teammates the ball where they need it and most of all limit bad fouls, he will be the complete package. But leadership and confidence he's already got.

Robzagnut
10-30-2009, 09:24 AM
In my writeup in the Kraziness topic I wrote that of all the things I was impressed with Meech was #1.

As to leadership, when I saw them in the huddle before the scrimmage I noticed, to my surprise, that Sacre was in the middle of the huddle yelling and screaming and pumping the guys up. So, from that it looks like Sacre is the emotional leader of the pack. Which bodes well for the next three years as you want a lunch pail guy to be a vocal leader.

DADoZAG
10-30-2009, 09:29 AM
In my writeup in the Kraziness topic I wrote that of all the things I was impressed with Meech was #1.

As to leadership, when I saw them in the huddle before the scrimmage I noticed, to my surprise, that Sacre was in the middle of the huddle yelling and screaming and pumping the guys up. So, from that it looks like Sacre is the emotional leader of the pack. Which bodes well for the next three years as you want a lunch pail guy to be a vocal leader.

I got a great shot of that huddle, just wish I could figure out how to include pics in my posts. Someday...

It's all true about Meech. Say hello to "the motor" that will drive this team faster than it's ever been driven before.

Go ZAGS!

BobZag
10-30-2009, 09:33 AM
He is much better this year.

cjm720
10-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Similiar to Fu's post, I saw this from Meech from day 1. He's fearless. He's might be the biggest competitor this program has seen since Blake Stepp. If he can bring a consistent jump shot to the floor, wowzer, watch out. Will be fun to see him and Lucas go at it Nov. 17.

Go Zags!!!

Vanzagger
10-30-2009, 07:18 PM
that was funny last year. It just sort of snow balled.

If he ever had a ball come out of his Jump shot without rotation on it, my guess would be he got bumped and the ball came loose during the release.

The poster from Texas who used to post on Meech did us a big favor. We knew we got a Zag. Watch his high school highlights again. He made big runners or threes in Houston against good competition.

Having said that, I hope the coaches are keeping an open mind about having Sacre, Polling, and Harris(big time front court) out there for some time together. Throw in a couple good experienced combo guards Gray and Bouldin. Yikes!

HOOTER
10-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I remember at kraziness last year Meech was clearly faster than Pargo, and Pargo was no slouch. It definitely seems like he has made a transition since then into a player that's not only fast and athletic, but very focused and someone you want to have the ball in key situations. Granted, this is all based on a scrimmage and the whole season is still ahead of us, but when Few talks about having a "peaceful easy feeling" when Goodson has the ball I can see exactly what he's talking about.

outrunu
10-30-2009, 07:42 PM
I got a great shot of that huddle, just wish I could figure out how to include pics in my posts. Someday...
Go ZAGS!

Today is that day.
1. Create a free photobucket account.
2. Upload pics from your computer to photobucket.
3. press this button:http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/images/editor/insertimage.gif
4. Copy and paste the image link from photo bucket into the window that opens, and voila, a picture will appear.
5. If you hit the preview button the photo should appear, and then you know it worked.

MickMick
10-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the tip on how to paste images.

SunDevilGolfZag
10-30-2009, 08:05 PM
I was also quite impressed with Meech in the autograph line after the game. He was very friendly and engaging to my son and me. For that matter, all of the players were great -- a really nice group of young men.

Zagineer
10-30-2009, 10:35 PM

Oh, DADoZag, we got to get you qualified, because I, one of many, really want to see that pic!

Today is that day.
3. press this button:http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/images/editor/insertimage.gif
4. Copy and paste the image link from photo bucket into the window that opens, and voila, a picture will appear.
5. If you hit the preview button the photo should appear, and then you know it worked.

Great guidance, outrunu. You beat me to it. May I offer a few more details...

Go to photobucket.com. Enter a username and passsword to set up an account. I use the same as I do on GUB, just to keep things simple. I have to.... I'm over 60 now. It's a memory thing. :)

Click the Upload images & videos icon and upload away!!

This is where there is more than one way to skin a cat. outrunu is referring to the icon in the window of a GUB post. What I usally do is start a GUB post, but open a second tab on the internet for photobucket. If you move your cursor over the photo you want to post, a dropdown menu will appear. If you left click on the "IMG Code" file and right click on "Copy", you're ready to transfer it to your GUB post.

This is where I paste the pic on my GUB post with a right click on the post.

You can do this step on your GUB post. Just to check it out.

Let me demonstrate with this pic....in recognition to the Sounders making the playoffs....

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Zagineer/FathersDay002.jpg

Sorry to ramble on, everyone. But I think it's important to bring eveyone up to the "qualified to post a pic" level... especially on the MBB and WBB forums. (All the Foosters are well versed in this skill... way beyond my skills.)

As a footnote, one should never ask an engineer, "What time is it?" They might regret the answer.

mendiant
10-30-2009, 11:44 PM
I kinda thought he was Q Hall-esque last year...

Not at all surprised.

He's the one I'm most excited about as far as tracking his development and leadership at GU.

Reborn
10-31-2009, 05:57 AM
Meech is definitely a leader. I first saw this quality in Meech in the Memphis game when it seemed like everyone had given up and we were doomed to get CRUSHED. Suddenly Meech stood up to meet that force, and the game began to change and Gonzaga looked like they had life for the first time in the game. And then again we saw this quality in the Western Kentucky game. It was like he said to himself, "This time Gonzaga University does NOT lose." And he hit the buzzer beater. I am a true blue Pargo supporter, but darn it, Jeremy was just horrible at the end of a game. He just couldn't close the deal for some odd reason. I don't think we're going to see that in Meech. I don't think we'll see that hesitency that Jeremy had. Too often Jeremy was caught out from dribbling the ball as time was running down, and the play just never developed, and then the buzzer and no shot. In the last few years there were just too many games that we lost in the final 3 minutes of the game. I don't think we're going to see it with Meech running the show.

DADoZAG
10-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Oh, DADoZag, we got to get you qualified, because I, one of many, really want to see that pic!

Well, it might be a bit large, but how's this?

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/HuddleLarge.jpg

I'll practice some as I took over 100 pics at the scrimmage. Not to many action shots, as I was busy watching, but plenty during the timeouts and a few during the autograph session.

Here's a nice pic of Sacre's smile!

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/Sacresmile.jpg

Go ZAGS!

Shanachie
10-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Whoa, does Foster have Ronny hair going now?

DADoZAG
10-31-2009, 09:52 AM
Whoa, does Foster have Ronny hair going now?

He sure does, and speaking of hair...

It's not the greatest pick, there seem to be several young ladies somewhat interested in the all new...

Steven Gray!

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/10-24-09%20Scrimmage/Graycloseup.jpg

Gotta love it!

Go ZAGS!

Zagineer
10-31-2009, 10:19 AM

Thanks so much! Those are great pics, DADoZAG!!! And no, it's not too large. It's just right.

You're a fully qualified pic poster! Keep 'em comin'. You're hooked now. :D

DADoZAG
10-31-2009, 10:21 AM
I was also quite impressed with Meech in the autograph line after the game. He was very friendly and engaging to my son and me. For that matter, all of the players were great -- a really nice group of young men.

Meech looked fairly relaxed at the table...

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/10-24-09%20Scrimmage/Meech.jpg

But even more relaxed at one of the jump balls...

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/10-24-09%20Scrimmage/MeechatJump.jpg

I'm not sure whose going to have the most fun this year, us watching him, or Meech playing...

Go ZAGS!

DADoZAG
10-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks so much! Those are great pics, DADoZAG!!! And no, it's not too large. It's just right.

You're a fully qualified pic poster! Keep 'em comin'. You're hooked now. :D

Thanx to you and outrunu for the instructions, and yes, I may be hooked. Need to go for now, but thought I'd leave with just a couple more...

In order to get another one of these...
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/10-24-09%20Scrimmage/Banners.jpg

We'll need all for one and one for all from these guys...
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/10-24-09%20Scrimmage/AllforOne.jpg

Go ZAGS!

roxdoc
10-31-2009, 11:49 AM
I know I'm getting older, but boy do those guys look young!

zaguarxj
10-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Move over, rover... And let Steven take over!

Steven Gray!

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/10-24-09%20Scrimmage/Graycloseup.jpg

Gotta love it!

Go ZAGS!

outrunu
10-31-2009, 12:31 PM

I can't see the pics while I'm here at work, so I have no comment on the size of your photos, but FYI playing around in photo bucket, you will find a default setting that will allow you to choose the size of the photo. Look forward to looking at these this evening.

SWZag
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/DADoZAG/HuddleLarge.jpg

I'll practice some as I took over 100 pics at the scrimmage. Not to many action shots, as I was busy watching, but plenty during the timeouts and a few during the autograph session.

Here's a nice pic of Sacre's smile!

Go ZAGS!

Wow, I am totally loving Foster's new hair! Ronnyesque! Maybe he can grab some of the Ronny energy and all-get-out and put a terror in the opposing team! I do hope to see Foster get an ever increasing amount of playing time. His presence is huge (pardon the pun) and his hair just adds to it. I think he's probably pushing 7'7. 7'8 with that hair! Let's have a stellar Senior year, Big Will!!

SWZag