PDA

View Full Version : The Naismith Preseason Watch List released

Zerogame
10-29-2009, 06:45 AM
The Naismith Preseason Watch List was released this morning with 33 of the 50 spots going to underclassmen – including five freshmen.
Gonzaga's MAtt Bouldin is included.http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2009/10/29/naismith_preseason_top_50_watch_list_unveiled

kitzbuel
10-29-2009, 07:53 AM
The Naismith Preseason Watch List was released this morning with 33 of the 50 spots going to underclassmen including five freshmen.
Gonzaga's MAtt Bouldin is included.

The obligatory:

:link:

willandi
10-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Can you get one of these pre-season watches at Walmart?

Reborn
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Congrats go out to Matt. It is really nice to see a Zag on that list. Here's to hoping that Matt wins it. Best of luck to him in his last season at Gonzaga.

ZagInTexas
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Congrats go out to Matt. It is really nice to see a Zag on that list. Here's to hoping that Matt wins it. Best of luck to him in his last season at Gonzaga.

Here, here. Matt has been a rock for us. Last season during WCC play, I thought he was our best player and the best player in the WCC. Not saying John Bryant didn't deserve the award (hard to argue with 18 pt and 14 reb every game), but Matt was definitely the most complete player in the league (IMO). If he plays with that confidence all season long, watch out!

gozagswoohoo
10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Saw some great ball players on that list. One guy that I had kinda forgotten about until seeing his name on there...Greivas Vasquez from Maryland (spelling?)...that dude's a baller.

Reborn
10-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I think if we get a chance to play Maryland in the Maui that it would be a great indicater of where we are at this year. Both teams made it to the NCAA tournament last year, and I think Maryland won a game. We beat them in the Old Spice Classic and finished in the Sweet 16. We lost more then they did coming into this season, but they lost some. I think they should be ranked ahead of us in preseason polls, but they are within striking distance. If we beat them in a few weeks we would most likely move up a bit in the polls. I too like having our scores, and highlights on ESPN. If my memory is right, and it certainly may not be (it happens) Gonzaga was recruiting both Matt and Vasquez the same year. We got Matt and Maryland got Vasquez. We did okay against him last year in the Old Spice. I can't remember how Matt did. This is their last year, and both of them, I see, are up for the Naismith award and probably the Wooden too.

Zagatak
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Saw some great ball players on that list. One guy that I had kinda forgotten about until seeing his name on there...Greivas Vasquez from Maryland (spelling?)...that dude's a baller.
I definitely agree that greivis is a great player, but if you watch him coming off the the court or in the huddle he usually has an attitude problem. Not paying attention to coaches in huddle just looking up at the fans. He still is an outstanding basketball player but im just adding in a little bit of info....... If you didnt already realize it.

GOOOOOOOOOO ZAGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!