PDA

View Full Version : Game Time Change: Battle in Seattle

BobZag
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Spread the word:

In order to accommodate television coverage, Battle in Seattle has been moved to a 4:00 pm tip off. In order to match the game’s move, the pre-game social in the Key Arena suites will now begin at 3:15 pm.

The tickets being mailed to you will still say 1:00pm, but will be honored at the Key Arena.

For more--

http://www.battleinseattle.com/2009/10/game-time-announced-for-2009-comcast-battle-in-seattle/

I'll try to find out what TV coverage they've settled on.

NotoriousZ
10-28-2009, 02:25 PM
At least they'd be early to the game instead of late if they didn't get the memo. It's not like saying, "Excuse me sir, Democrats vote on Wednesdays" at the voting booth (before the vote by mail). This joke works just as well replacing the word Democrats with Republicans, depending on your target audience.

BobZag
10-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Just learned it'll be televised on FSN/KHQ.

cjm720
10-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Just learned it'll be televised on FSN/KHQ.

Thankfully FSN is now in HD...

229SintoZag
10-28-2009, 02:52 PM

FSN may be in HD, but do we know whether the broadcasts from K2, for example, this year will be in HD for the KHQ/FSN games?

ESPN2 was also in HD all of last year. But not one WCC game until the tournament in Vegas was broadcast in HD, other than Gameday on ESPN from the Spokane Arena.

hls97
10-28-2009, 02:55 PM
FSN may be in HD, but do we know whether the broadcasts from K2, for example, this year will be in HD for the KHQ/FSN games?

ESPN2 was also in HD all of last year. But not one WCC game until the tournament in Vegas was broadcast in HD, other than Gameday on ESPN from the Spokane Arena.

Exactly right. Until they bring HD cameras to GU we will be stuck in the stone ages. Not that I should complain when I can watch all the games while living many hundreds of miles away...

TheZagPhish
10-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Not that I should complain when I can watch all the games while living many hundreds of miles away...

Hm. I thought that an excellent premise for complaining.

;)

BoltZag
10-28-2009, 10:43 PM

FSN's ability to carry HD is irrelevant if the game isn't filmed in HD. KHQ films and produces the games...FSN Northwest just distributes the feed across their network.

matty1090
10-29-2009, 12:22 AM
is anyone actually going to the Battle this year? I mean come on, what a let down.

gozagswoohoo
10-29-2009, 05:49 AM
is anyone actually going to the Battle this year? I mean come on, what a let down.

Excellent first post

gozagswoohoo
10-29-2009, 05:54 AM
Spread the word:

In order to accommodate television coverage, Battle in Seattle has been moved to a 4:00 pm tip off. In order to match the game’s move, the pre-game social in the Key Arena suites will now begin at 3:15 pm.

The tickets being mailed to you will still say 1:00pm, but will be honored at the Key Arena.

For more--

http://www.battleinseattle.com/2009/10/game-time-announced-for-2009-comcast-battle-in-seattle/

I'll try to find out what TV coverage they've settled on.

Sheesh....okay....so let me try to wrap my head around this. In looking at my customized schedule next to the computer, it says the BIS is at 3pm Woohoo Standard. Now, originally the game was going to be at 1pm Washington time, therefore, add two hours for me, making it 3pm Woohoo Standard. So, if the game is actually at 4pm Washington Time, I need to subtract 2 hours from Woohoo Standard game time, making it 1pm Washington time again, but then add 3 hours for the NEW gametime, making the new gameimte 4pm Washington Time, in turn....I will add 2 hours to THAT, making MY new gametime 6pm Woohoo Standard???

:explode:

Psychozag
10-29-2009, 08:02 AM

I'm going.

LongIslandZagFan
10-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Sheesh....okay....so let me try to wrap my head around this. In looking at my customized schedule next to the computer, it says the BIS is at 3pm Woohoo Standard. Now, originally the game was going to be at 1pm Washington time, therefore, add two hours for me, making it 3pm Woohoo Standard. So, if the game is actually at 4pm Washington Time, I need to subtract 2 hours from Woohoo Standard game time, making it 1pm Washington time again, but then add 3 hours for the NEW gametime, making the new gameimte 4pm Washington Time, in turn....I will add 2 hours to THAT, making MY new gametime 6pm Woohoo Standard???

:explode:

http://myweb.cwpost.liu.edu/bbyrne/lol.gif

dpouley
10-29-2009, 11:26 AM

I will be there. As I have been every year.

gozagswoohoo
10-29-2009, 12:19 PM

If I was going to rate your first post on the board....I would give it.....hmmmm...

One urinal cake (out of 10 urinal cakes)...so...that's not a very good rating...

http://www.negotiationlawblog.com/urinal%20cake.jpg

Better luck on post #2.

matty1090
10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Actually thats not my first post. I've been a regular since 2001, back when it was zagshoops.com. Bobzag and I exchanged game tapes regularly, for your information. I just changed my email address. I'm not one of those fans who just started following Gonzaga Basketball in the last couple of years, nor am I one those fans who only started watching college basketball when Gonzaga gained national attention. I'm an alumni, and I've been to every Battle in Seattle. I'll probably make it to this one, but I just had to gripe a little about the opponent this year. I know this was a previous topic on the board, but I had to chime in some frustration.

gozagswoohoo
10-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Actually thats not my first post. I've been a regular since 2001, back when it was zagshoops.com. Bobzag and I exchanged game tapes regularly, for your information. I just changed my email address. I'm not one of those fans who just started following Gonzaga Basketball in the last couple of years, nor am I one those fans who only started watching college basketball when Gonzaga gained national attention. I'm an alumni, and I've been to every Battle in Seattle. I'll probably make it to this one, but I just had to gripe a little about the opponent this year. I know this was a previous topic on the board, but I had to chime in some frustration.

It's all good. I'm not questioning your 'fandom' or anything. It's just that for a guy like me, being out in the Midwest, it's hard to hear people complain about stuff like this. I kid you not, if the BIS was within 8 hours of me, I would drive to it every single year, no matter if we were playing North Carolina or if it was just little ole Northeastern Iowa Community College of Pharmacy and Ground Soil Studies Institute of Technology.

kitzbuel
10-30-2009, 08:57 AM
The last Zag game I attended was Davidson beating GU. I would love to be present for the return drubbing.