PDA

View Full Version : Funny SSF post about a ludicrous pro-Husky column

FuManShoes
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Slipper Still Fits (http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2009/10/28/1104193/read-react-gonzaga-lucky-to-have) has an entertaining look at one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read (http://dailyuw.com/2009/10/28/mark-few-whiny-little-girl-who-loves-bigfoot/)concerning UW's offer to resume the series.

NEC26
10-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Slipper Still Fits has an entertaining look at one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read (http://dailyuw.com/2009/10/28/mark-few-whiny-little-girl-who-loves-bigfoot/)concerning UW's offer to resume the series.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2009/10/28/1104193/read-react-gonzaga-lucky-to-have' (http://dailyuw.com/2009/10/28/mark-few-whiny-little-girl-who-loves-bigfoot/)

FuMan second link takes me to the same article.

NotoriousZ
10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
FuMan second link takes me to the same article.

There's comments under the second link also, and they're worth reading...

ZagNative
10-28-2009, 11:46 AM
I had read that piece before seeing it on SSF and just shrugged and said, "Whatever."

The author of that piece on The Daily is just a kid. He must be dancing and high-fiving his partners on staff, "I'm famous! I'm famous! I'm being quoted!" Sorry, but I think the fellas at the SSF really took the bait on this one.

Obviously, our friends on the west side have been overpowered by an attack of the Pod People, who have taken over their brains and made them temporarily insane. No more attention should b paid to the crazies. And certainly they should not be given a platform.

NotoriousZ
10-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I know I'm not the only one enjoying this complete UW blunder, and just imagine if the Zags get to play the Huskies in the NCAA's. The press would just have an absolute field day with Romar and Woodward.

NEC26
10-28-2009, 11:48 AM
There's comments under the second link also, and they're worth reading...

Saw that I liked Fumans post. The article literally made me laugh it was so ludicrous! We should be crawling on our hands and knees thanking them! I understand the Dawg board a little better now. :D

bartruff1
10-28-2009, 11:54 AM
It didn't make me laugh....I think that might be indicative of their attitude...right from the AD to the Head Coach and a significant number of their fans....screw them... lets move on...UW was fun, but so yesterday...

FuManShoes
10-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Link is fixed ...

And the writer may just be a kid, but he likely aspires to be some sort of sportswriter or columnist and that is not a clip I'd want to show a prospective employer, no matter how entertaining I found it or the reaction it spurred. Also, as a UW alum (have I stated that enough times now? :) ), I take personal offense at my school rag running such drivel and enabling this foolish feud to continue ad nauseum -- and yes I obviously bought it hook, line and sinker.

ZagNative
10-28-2009, 12:11 PM
My oldest son was editor of that paper in the mid-80's, and I know that he had a couple of sadder-but-wiser-boy learning experiences during his tenure, where he published some pieces he subsequently acknowledged were ill-conceived. He'll be over here for Thanksgiving, and I can guarantee that one topic that will be verboten is the Zags-UW brouhaha.

tinfoilzag
10-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I just read an entire article from the UW school newspaper.

Crap.

Well played Mr. Thorpe. Well played.

sonuvazag
10-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Someone should forward that to UA and UCLA fans. The natural rivalry with UW will be news to them.

surfmonkey89
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Please refer to this article next time someone says "I just don't understand why you don't like the Huskies."

And to the people who say it's just a kid: is there ANYTHING UW can do that you won't make an excuse for?

Why anyone would call themselves a Gonzaga fan and root for these guys is beyond me.

zaguarxj
10-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Please refer to this article next time someone says "I just don't understand why you don't like the Huskies."

And to the people who say it's just a kid: is there ANYTHING UW can do that you won't make an excuse for?

Why anyone would call themselves a Gonzaga fan and root for these guys is beyond me.

'Cause we live in Spokane but our kids go to UW?

whatazag
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Someone should forward that to UA and UCLA fans. The natural rivalry with UW will be news to them.

Haha, true. I also liked the touch of implying that their football program was somehow superior to Oregon's. Anyway, delusional, but we already knew that.

#1zagfan
10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Dang, even UW fans were ripping on the writer.
Horrible "column" he has to look at facts first.

GOOOOOO ZAGGGGS

MDABE80
10-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Kid got his clock cleaned from ALL sides. Nothing for him to cheer about. Just a chumpish article. He probably needs a date...

VinnyZag
10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I'd make fun of the article in the Daily, but I probably wrote equally ridiculous things for the Bulletin back in the day. It's just a teenage kid, don't take it seriously.

coolhandzag
10-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Enough with Romar's program. All will be revealed in year 1 A.B. (After Brockman).

The Oregon Spike
10-29-2009, 10:54 AM
The Huskies are completely myopic about where they are in terms of relevance. Oregon is the premier athletic school in the Northwest and it was hilarious to watch them spank the Huskies....

If you want Husky fan's ire, just suggest that their dominance is past history, and that ARMY used to win national chamionships too. Then, further suggest that they should probably drop to the Mtn West....

It makes their heads go all "Scanners"

Gonzaga beats the pants off them, they are scared, case closed.

ZagManFan
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
I love FuMan's response to the article wayy better than the article itself...

FuManShoes
(Redmond, WA | Unverified Name)
on October 28, 2009 at 8:45 a.m.

Jesus Christ. Are you serious? Have you seen EVEN ONE national basketball writer who thinks Romar and Woody's proposal is fair, wise or based on anything but the same petty foolishness you peddle here? I'm a UW journalism grad and this column is an embarrassment. It relies on the same tired "X Needs Y more than Y needs X" argument that has no basis in fact and no place in sports. You can never prove such a lame argument so why even make it? This series is *needed* by fans, not the schools. Both schools do just fine RPI-wise though I would argue that if the UW turns in a so-so PAC-10 season in whatís predicted to be a down year for the conference, itís the one who will be wishing it had a marquee win against a strong non-conference opponent on its resume. But the suggestion that Gonzaga is still out there begging for games is pure hogwash. Wake Forest, Michigan State, Memphis, Oklahoma -- all have or are coming to SPOKANE to play games. You mean to tell me the vaunted UW hoops program has more weight to throw around than those programs? Do your homework and quit smoking crack.

FuManShoes
10-29-2009, 01:07 PM
I love FuMan's response to the article wayy better than the article itself...

Ah, flattery will get you nowhere :D :p